Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signals Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 10:57 AM
dromaine
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn Signals Not Working

I am working on a 1992 E series van. I have found the hazard flasher. It was by the fuse box. Can anyone tell me where the turn signal relay/flasher may be. The turn signal cam seems to be in good condition. Hazards work fine.
Thank you

Old 09-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Pastmaster
Postmaster
Turn Signals Not Working

It's attached to the fuse panel. It looks identical to the "hazard" flasher. I believe by the 90's the hazard and turn signal flasher relays are with the fuse panel, albeit seperate. If your fuse block is in the glove box, your turn signal flasher will also be there.

If you flasher's arn't working, then I would look at each turn bulb carefully. Several cars I've worked on, the flasher's wouldn't work if a bulb was out.

Old 09-08-2003, 02:51 PM
dromaine
New User
Turn Signals Not Working

It is a 1992 E series van. I found the hazard flasher plugged into a 3 prong plug laying behind the fuse panel on the lower left hand side. I look at service manuals and they show a flasher on the front and the back side of the fuse panel. There is a spot for the flasher to be plugged in, but no wires are going to the spot. Thanks for your help.

Old 09-08-2003, 05:10 PM
94van
Posting Guru
Turn Signals Not Working

They could have hidden that sucker anywhere. I believe the design engineers have long meetings at times figuring out how to do some of the things they do.

My old '86 flasher went bad once. I finally found it mounted on the top of the steering column bracket behind the speedometer. I had to pull the whole top of the dash off to get to it.

I then I hired a left-handed Chinese contortionist to remove it....

Old 09-08-2003, 08:05 PM
dromaine
New User
Smile Turn Signals Not Working

OK. Finally fixed the problem. First of all on this van the turn signals share the hazard flasher. The flasher is located near or on the fuse box. Always check the little things first. The fuse was blown, im sure there is a short somewhere in the circuit.
Thanks for the help.