1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

mid-fifty's parts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 05:19 PM
Outlaw56
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They used to be a class act. Nothing to all girl crew, I do believe there is one guy there as well. Years past thay have been top notch, but in the last year or so there has been some turn over and less knowledge spread thru out the salespersons. Product quality can be awesome to not so great, just depending on what you order. Tech support is limited to one person (Dianne) who is difficult to connect with although she is very well educated on these trucks and the parts they sell at Mid Fifty. Slipped a little on quality control and service, but still worthy of doing business with.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:43 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,354 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Mid-Fifty`s shipping and handling into Canada was very expensive which it usually is, partly because of our Canadian dollar is so low.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Effie_Jesse
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats going on over there? I want to like this place, but it's getting tougher that for sure. I bought some parts for my 56 and when they came they were not what I ordered or didn't fit. the part that was not what it showed in the picture was tailgate hinges (stainless steel) but what came was this strange looking stylized thing that I had told them about how all the others places were selling and I was trying to make sure they didn't send me that. but that's what showed up today. the other part is a battery tray for a modern size battery. part came bent (box was fine) i was trying to get it to the powder coater and then i thought, i better check the fit of this thing as it looked very crude with lot of sharp edges. i went to bolt it up and it was way off. i called them, talked back and forth for about an hour, they said all's we can do is give you back your money. they don't seem to know when the hinges got changed. they don't seem to be in charge of their products at all. anybody notice this? I've spent a lot of money there, and want to complete my project with them as a supplier, but i don't have time to burn re-packaging and sending things back, or stuck on the phone. i don't need more chores to do. it's kind of strange too that it's all woman who work there. is there a story to that?
Hi Guys, Jesse here. First of all, I am sorry for all of your troubles with our parts, and want you to know that action is being taken to correct these issues.
We did switch vendors on the polished tailgate hinges, from the “original style” to the “smooth” style because the diameter of the “original style” was too large to fit in the gate roll. We definitely should have updated the image for the part when we made the switch, so that our Sales Department and anyone searching online would be aware of exactly which one we are selling. I have now changed our image, and we are taking steps to ensure this happens anytime there is a change to a part we are selling.
As for the battery box, we have been researching this since the problem was brought to our attention. Initially we did think that all of our boxes were made incorrectly, but today discovered that the bad bend that affected the mounting hole locations is only present on about half of our stock. We installed one on a 56 and it fit, so we now have a replacement to solve this problem. We will be in touch with you today to facilitate that replacement.
I do want to stress to everyone that we do take our quality control seriously and our customer service means EVERYTHING to us. Again, I apologize for the problems that have occurred with our parts and promise we will do our best going forward to ensure our customer receive quality parts and only the best customer service.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:12 PM
Rusted56
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a LOT of stuff from Mid Fifty, and always found them to be very helpful, and honest in their advertising of products. Even though there were a couple minor problems,(some my fault, some theirs) they were always quick to work with me to sort things out. Nothing but praise for them from me.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:23 PM
fordslut
More Turbo
Received 140 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Rusted56
I bought a LOT of stuff from Mid Fifty, and always found them to be very helpful, and honest in their advertising of products. Even though there were few minor problems,(some my fault, some theirs) they were always quick to work with me to sort things out. Nothing but praise for them from me.
good to hear. mid-fiftys called today and said they have a proper fitting battery tray and would like to send it out. that's a step in the right direction. the hinges however are still a problem. they said the ones they were selling (the ones I wanted), were from dennis carpenter and had a size problem with the pivot shaft being too small, and would fit loose, so they changed suppliers. I just don't like the newer style, plus they don't have the ridge to keep the tailgate centered, so still a problem in my book. so i may have to order from someone else. she said she'll let me know on the hinge. that's the latest news on this story. trump thinks HE has problems. . .kidding.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:26 PM
dadgonebroke
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
MidFifty

I did and currently do business with MidFifty and was less than impressed when they refused to price match as their catalog states on a $25 part. They had ALL my business until then.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:51 PM
thrifty
More Turbo
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
I have been to Mid fifty's many times (8?) and have always been treated very fairly. I had Jesse take care of me on a Saturday and they closed at noon and she stayed and got my order filled. Diane also is very informative woman that knows what works and what does not. I enjoy their company and expertise. And I will continue to drive 2 1/2 hours to get my parts.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:01 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They give good tootsie rolls on top of trying too!!

Old 02-15-2017, 09:14 PM
fordslut
More Turbo
Originally Posted by 49f3dls
They give good tootsie rolls on top of trying too!!
i know, i know. that's what keeps me coming back.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:48 AM
fordslut
More Turbo
well it's been about a month and the "good" battery tray is in. "J" bolts had to be worked, holes were drilled to big, so the frame needed to be drilled to match, but it's in. they got it here pretty quick, so that was good, then it went to the powder coater. the hinges are still not in, so I can't say anything about that. i'll give mid-fiftys a thumb's up at this point though, as they do want to make it right. ----update----, it's not letting post pictures, so I can't show you. sorry.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:50 AM
fordslut
More Turbo
it's working again. sorry they're so dark.

Attached Images    
Old 03-21-2017, 10:34 PM
hoss73ford
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since I have relatives in Arizona, usually when I leave, I'd make the drive up to Kingman & get a few things from Mid-Fifty but at least being there in person, I'll know if I'm getting the right stuff or not. The biggest issue I had with them is having to have a password to order things online and then their site telling me that it is invalid. I got fed up with that crap and they lost about $800 worth of business to Dennis Carpenter & I let them know about it.

Today I live only 200 miles from Oklahoma City so I get much of my stuff at Classic Ford on I-35 when I'm there. Never a problem there except items being out of stock at times.

Last edited by hoss73ford; 03-21-2017 at 10:36 PM. Reason: typos corrected
Old 03-31-2017, 07:44 PM
Marten
Laughing Gas
Received 250 Likes on 158 Posts
Just thought I would share my experience about mid fifty as well. Bought there fibreglass dash extension for my '53. When I went to install it, it did not fit. Started grinding, got it to fit but the steering column cut out and glove box cut out did not line up. Finally called and email them. Took two weeks to get back to me and a couple of phone calls on my part. They went and checked the other stock they have and found out they have all been made wrong. So they refunded my cost and shipping. Told me they were to look into why they no longer work correctly but it could be while before they get some in that are correct. Sucks in one way but at least they got back to me and credited my money. Hopefully they get some in stock as I have not found them anywhere else.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:42 AM
fordslut
More Turbo
UPDATE-- they got the tail gate hinges to me and they're the right one's. i'm not sure if these will replace the odd looking one's or not, but i'm happy. thank you mid-fiftys, kurt.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Pokee
Mountain Pass
Received 80 Likes on 18 Posts
Good Communication

I recently received my order and had a question about one of the parts and spoke with Diane a couple of times and everything was ok. One order was coming from the manufacturer and one item was on back order. Midfifty followed up on that order and Destiny called me and let my know I would receive my order the next day, and I did. Thank you Destiny

Quick Reply: mid-fifty's parts?