6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Easiest DEF delete ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 06:44 AM
99FORD EXPY.
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well i think i have found what i will be purchasing,
H&S Mini Maxx Race Tuner & 4" CAT/DPF Race Pipe | 2011-2014 6.7L Ford Powerstroke | No Bungs | Dale's Super Store
If I understand the site correctly I don't need to buy any tunes to reach my goal(DEF and EGR delete)
one concern i have is (not sure if its a big deal or not) that the EGR temp will be coming from the block off plate and not the exhaust pipe or I'm i just confused

Old 02-11-2017, 06:55 AM
06greenstroker
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know anything about the mini max, I'm a SCT runner, but looks like that would work for your truck. You plan on leaving EGR in place then? This kit does not come with the hardware for EGR removal, just the software. I'd at minimum block it off with a block plate kit. Another $80ish. But that's just my personal opinion.

As for your EGR Temp question...I'm assuming you may be thinking about the EGT probe that is in the exhaust stream coming out of the EGR back into the intake. That will be OK to put in the block plates, but then I assume by block plates, you are doing an EGR block plate install?

EDIT: I see the EGR delete option selection when configuring...sorry about that

Old 02-11-2017, 07:33 AM
99FORD EXPY.
Tuned
yes i will be leaving the ERG in place I really don't see a reason to remove it, i couldn't think of the name earlier yes the EGT probe is what i meant, so i guess then having one down stream is not important. I will probably order the same block off plates you are using , I just finished watching your exhaust videos and I'm just curious how much the stock muffler will quiet down the straight pipe , I would prefer at idle for it to be somewhat close to EOM sound only because i will be doing this on 2 trucks mine and my fathers and he always complains about load trucks( old fart) :-) . I guess i could always add a muffler to his because he only cares about the DEF and EGR portion

Old 02-11-2017, 10:25 AM
BOHAWG175
Senior User
Originally Posted by 99FORD EXPY.
yes i will be leaving the ERG in place I really don't see a reason to remove it, i couldn't think of the name earlier yes the EGT probe is what i meant, so i guess then having one down stream is not important. I will probably order the same block off plates you are using , I just finished watching your exhaust videos and I'm just curious how much the stock muffler will quiet down the straight pipe , I would prefer at idle for it to be somewhat close to EOM sound only because i will be doing this on 2 trucks mine and my fathers and he always complains about load trucks( old fart) :-) . I guess i could always add a muffler to his because he only cares about the DEF and EGR portion
Straight pipe is not that loud inside the cab. Only slightly louder than stock. Idle is a little louder and it sounds like the old diesels (which I love). Cold start ups in high idle can be fairly loud. Jump all over it and it sounds like a jet engine from outside the cab.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:30 PM
06greenstroker
Senior User
Yeah, like Bohawg said, straight inside the cab is not loud at all. Nothing compared to what I was used to with my 6.0.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:37 AM
99FORD EXPY.
Tuned
THANK YOU GUYS ,
I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR INPUT .

After I delete , lets just say I have an engine issue (not emissions issue) that I cant fix and it needs to go to Ford for repairs ,if I'm thinking correctly the Mini Maxx will have to stay in the truck because of the deletes correct? if so will ford be able to run a diagnostic test and do the repairs?

Old 02-12-2017, 11:23 AM
cangim
Postmaster
Out of curiosity, anyone run with a large Donaldson muffler in place?

Old 02-12-2017, 12:53 PM
BOHAWG175
Senior User
THANK YOU GUYS ,
I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR INPUT .

After I delete , lets just say I have an engine issue (not emissions issue) that I cant fix and it needs to go to Ford for repairs ,if I'm thinking correctly the Mini Maxx will have to stay in the truck because of the deletes correct? if so will ford be able to run a diagnostic test and do the repairs?
That is correct. Well...kind of. You can unhook the unit and take it out of the truck without changing the program back to stock. Just make damn sure that if they are doing a flash update or anything to do with the PCM that they know you have a tuner. My dealer could care less that mine is deleted. In fact they like seeing one deleted and are following in closely to see what happens. I deleted at 138k and now have 180k.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:39 AM
99FORD EXPY.
Tuned
Originally Posted by BOHAWG175
That is correct. Well...kind of. You can unhook the unit and take it out of the truck without changing the program back to stock. Just make damn sure that if they are doing a flash update or anything to do with the PCM that they know you have a tuner. My dealer could care less that mine is deleted. In fact they like seeing one deleted and are following in closely to see what happens. I deleted at 138k and now have 180k.
good to know thanks, I had some time yesterday and watched your video's and some others, the full EGR delete looks to be a real pain in the butt,I'm still on the fence about the EGR delete I really want to use just the 4 block off plates and leave the EGR system on the truck. I'm concerned (because I don't know any better) does the EGR system control the coolant flow in and out of the EGR system or does it flow all the time without EGR input? because I will be disconnecting those connections that might control that function.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:39 PM
cabindoc
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I thought H&S went out of business????? I run SCT and can tell you from past experience, they support their products very well.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:45 PM
BOHAWG175
Senior User
good to know thanks, I had some time yesterday and watched your video's and some others, the full EGR delete looks to be a real pain in the butt,I'm still on the fence about the EGR delete I really want to use just the 4 block off plates and leave the EGR system on the truck. I'm concerned (because I don't know any better) does the EGR system control the coolant flow in and out of the EGR system or does it flow all the time without EGR input? because I will be disconnecting those connections that might control that function.
You can unplug it. EGR does not control the flow but is rather a pass through of the coolant.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:50 PM
BOHAWG175
Senior User
Originally Posted by cabindoc
I could be mistaken, but I thought H&S went out of business????? I run SCT and can tell you from past experience, they support their products very well.
They are gone. I would not use a H&S tuner for the simple fact that there customer support is not there. I was sold on the miniMax until they shut down. I agree with you on SCT. Awesome product and service. I found this a while back on H&S. H&S Performance Current Status:
H&S is not shut down, however we only have a few employees left. As many of you are aware, we had to pay a $1M settlement to CARB, and are still currently negotiating with the EPA to resolve an open issue with them.

Product Warranty:
We have not sold a tuner to a US customer in 2 years, and have not sold any tuners to foreign customers in over 1 year. Therefore, any products we legitimately sold are no longer under warranty. Please do not email or call for tech support as we no longer have anyone available to help you.

There have been hundreds if not thousands of counterfeit, bootleg, used, or stolen devices sold in the past few years. These products do not have any warranty. Just because you purchased it from a "reputable" shop or website, doesn't mean it is a genuine H&S product. We are under no obligation to help you troubleshoot a product that was made with stolen intellectual property.

Unlock Codes:
If you purchase an unlock code from us, and you have lost it, we WILL help you recover it.
Simply fill out this form and we will email you your code:
hsperformance.com/recover-lost-unlock/

VIN Locked Tuners:
If you have a VIN-locked tuner we cannot help you. We will not sell you an unlock code to unlock your tuner. There are several individuals or shops we believe to be in possession of stolen software, and may have the means to unlock a tuner. Any posts promoting these people will be deleted, and the user will be banned. Buying from these people is basically buying stolen property.

Tuner Updates:
Mini Maxx, XRT Pro, and Black Maxx will not receive any performance, feature, or improvement updates. We will not be adding any new vehicles to these products.

H&S Motorsports:
H&S Motorsports is NOT the same company as H&S Performance. Motorsports was created by ex-employees who wanted to develop hard parts such as turbo kits and fuel systems. Please do not call or email them about any H&S Performance products, as they cannot and will not be able to help you.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:38 PM
99FORD EXPY.
Tuned
Originally Posted by BOHAWG175
They are gone. I would not use a H&S tuner for the simple fact that there customer support is not there. I was sold on the miniMax until they shut down. I agree with you on SCT. Awesome product and service. I found this a while back on H&S. H&S Performance Current Status:
H&S is not shut down, however we only have a few employees left. As many of you are aware, we had to pay a $1M settlement to CARB, and are still currently negotiating with the EPA to resolve an open issue with them.

Product Warranty:
We have not sold a tuner to a US customer in 2 years, and have not sold any tuners to foreign customers in over 1 year. Therefore, any products we legitimately sold are no longer under warranty. Please do not email or call for tech support as we no longer have anyone available to help you.

There have been hundreds if not thousands of counterfeit, bootleg, used, or stolen devices sold in the past few years. These products do not have any warranty. Just because you purchased it from a "reputable" shop or website, doesn't mean it is a genuine H&S product. We are under no obligation to help you troubleshoot a product that was made with stolen intellectual property.

Unlock Codes:
If you purchase an unlock code from us, and you have lost it, we WILL help you recover it.
Simply fill out this form and we will email you your code:
hsperformance.com/recover-lost-unlock/

VIN Locked Tuners:
If you have a VIN-locked tuner we cannot help you. We will not sell you an unlock code to unlock your tuner. There are several individuals or shops we believe to be in possession of stolen software, and may have the means to unlock a tuner. Any posts promoting these people will be deleted, and the user will be banned. Buying from these people is basically buying stolen property.

Tuner Updates:
Mini Maxx, XRT Pro, and Black Maxx will not receive any performance, feature, or improvement updates. We will not be adding any new vehicles to these products.

H&S Motorsports:
H&S Motorsports is NOT the same company as H&S Performance. Motorsports was created by ex-employees who wanted to develop hard parts such as turbo kits and fuel systems. Please do not call or email them about any H&S Performance products, as they cannot and will not be able to help you.
i thought H&S was shut down but I had no idea about all of the above^ THANK YOU AGAIN for doing your research you really are saving me a lot of time and wasted money , SCT looks to be the way to go , Now i just need to find the best deal .

Old 02-13-2017, 07:42 PM
99FORD EXPY.
Tuned
REP SET BOHAWG175

Old 02-14-2017, 03:35 PM
NDE
Junior User
Originally Posted by UGA33
It really unclutters the passenger side of the engine bay! If you want to do it really right, get the Ford factory EGR delete kit!

If you install this Ford made delete, do you need a programmer still? I would assume yes, but it is a OEM part I thought I'd ask.

Quick Reply: Easiest DEF delete ?