Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We are shopping for a Van. What do you guys think of the Ford Vans?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 08:24 PM
Thudpucker
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have used up our 87 Astro Van. Now we are shopping for one of the newer Computer Controlled Vans. With all the features we can afford!

What do you guys think of the Aerostar and windstar vans. I know next to nothing about them.
Do they get more than 25 Mpg? That's important.
Dont have to be fast and powerful.
How has the Pwr features reliablity been?

Our other choice was the Mopar's but the Transmission troubles they have are keeping me at a distance.

This car shopping is almost as bad as House hunting.

Old 12-16-2001, 10:49 PM
ahaygood
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post We are shopping for a Van. What do you guys think of the Ford Vans?

I can't speak for the little ones, but I work with a Transit facility and our vans are nothing but full sized fords. we have a '95, a '98, and a 2000. If a full size is even an option, I would consider it. The '95 is a six cylinder and we used to try to blow it up so we could get a new one. we would run entire rounds holding it in first gear and wide open. we just couldn't kill the dang thing. A guy nailed the gas instead of the brake when he was pulling into a parking place and drove it straight through the front of the brick transit building. they backed it out of the building and put in a new turn signal lens and it was back on route the next day. That goes for ford's reliability and durability. The newer ones are CNG units with triton v8s and they could probably jump the building from a dead stop if you gunned it flat out.

Old 12-16-2001, 11:26 PM
bufordt
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts