S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

“February - the month of love..?!! No wonder the shortest one in the calendar.” All Topic

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 07:58 AM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hehe, see what happens when I quit doing it.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:18 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
I'll bet Steve Harvey is feeling a little better this morning.

I'm glad I watched the show. I still can't figure how that could happen. Why was there an unopened envelope with Emma Stone/LaLa Land in it? It was the last award of the evening, you would think all the unopened envelopes had been consumed.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:17 AM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They have a duplicate set for each side of the stage from what I'm told.
Emma had ahold of her envelope and statue and somehow the other Emma envelope snuck in.
I was glad that Jimmy did a good job. The show was almost watchable.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:25 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
I was glad that it wasn't Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway's fault. The way they were stumbling around with it, that was my first thought.

Wife and I were a little scared when Kimmel said it was the 50th anniversary of their Bonnie and Clyde movie. Then I think we both did the math at about the same time, and damn! Really scary.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:01 PM
dads1977
Elder User
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
GOOD MONDAY MORNIN SOCAL,

Another beautiful day in paradise,
Aren't you glad we don't get that white fluffy stuff?
(well at least not here where I'm at anyways)
Whats on tap for your monday?
Can you believe that it is almost time to bring this thread to a close already,
WHERE has this month gone?

Old 02-27-2017, 12:04 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Beatty's spent a lifetime reading lines while on set, certainly not thinking for himself.

All he would have had to do was be intelligent enough to realize a mistake was being made, and announce the problem he was having.

Did he actually have consciousness-erasing stage freight that caused him to go completely blank?

Apparently.

Pop

Old 02-27-2017, 02:24 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Beatty's spent a lifetime reading lines while on set, certainly not thinking for himself.

All he would have had to do was be intelligent enough to realize a mistake was being made, and announce the problem he was having.

Did he actually have consciousness-erasing stage freight that caused him to go completely blank?

Apparently.

Pop

There is that. But he did hand it to Faye for a second opinion. I wasn't sure in the moment if he was trying to be funny, or if he needed his glasses but was too vain to wear them, or just what his issue was. Now I think he was confused by an actress' name being on a best picture award. Which makes sense. I guess I have to feel for them being in such a situation. No time to think.

All in all, I enjoyed the show. I knew Trump was going to be skewered relentlessly, but I figure he is a big boy and he is going to have to learn how to take it. And he ain't very good at it, so far. Anyway, it kind of seems to me like Kimmel decided to take that responsibility on himself, maybe to defuse the atmosphere for all the stars. There was very little political stuff from everyone else. And I laughed at all his jokes. None of it offended me. And I was at full ****, ready to be pissed off. But he pulled it off.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:40 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 931 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringerPop

Apparently.

Pop

I assume that's why he had Faye read the card.

Originally Posted by dads1977
Whats on tap for your monday?
Just returned from a 7 mile hike in the Santa Monica's. Nice to see all that greenery and some streams I've never seen water in.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:50 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

It's that time of year. Dad's all over the US will be making their son's cars.

We went to Lego cars last year to get rid of the 'Dad' effect, but this year wood cars are back by popular demand. Luckily, our track has electronic timing and we can bracket those cars with these 'cheats' and those slower cars, actually made by the cub.

Rules include no bent axles, all wheels must be level, weight/size restrictions.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Yama4fitty
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bpounds
There is that. But he did hand it to Faye for a second opinion. I wasn't sure in the moment if he was trying to be funny, or if he needed his glasses but was too vain to wear them, or just what his issue was. Now I think he was confused by an actress' name being on a best picture award. Which makes sense. I guess I have to feel for them being in such a situation. No time to think.

All in all, I enjoyed the show. I knew Trump was going to be skewered relentlessly, but I figure he is a big boy and he is going to have to learn how to take it. And he ain't very good at it, so far. Anyway, it kind of seems to me like Kimmel decided to take that responsibility on himself, maybe to defuse the atmosphere for all the stars. There was very little political stuff from everyone else. And I laughed at all his jokes. None of it offended me. And I was at full ****, ready to be pissed off. But he pulled it off.

I too was ready to some overpaid big mouths, but the show was actually enjoyable. There were a few comments I could have done without regarding police brutality and walls. However, Kimmel did really well in my opinion and I cried laughing so hard a few times.

I watched back the announcement and saw Beatty had a quickly confused look on his face. He first looked at Faye and then looked back at the card. He looked at her again and the crowd, but he eventually looked off stage behind her for a moment. He did give it to her although I wonder if he was hoping she would look at it and she read it instead.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:01 AM
offwhitefueler
Mountain Pass
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by wpnaes
I assume that's why he had Faye read the card.

Just returned from a 7 mile hike in the Santa Monica's. Nice to see all that greenery and some streams I've never seen water in.

Four score and however long ago, my great great great (etc) grandparents owned land above the canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains. At some point they all sold their parcels and spread out all over CA (and further). Funny to think about, especially when I go hiking and wonder where the heck exactly they would've been.

That's a long hike! Any dog companions?

Christa

Old 03-01-2017, 08:25 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Sometimes I'll take Luna (golden doodle), but this time was solo. I plan on taking my 11 yr old after school to see that stream.