2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

How does the order process work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 08:17 AM
MagneticTiger
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How does the order process work?

Hey guys, I'm looking for a step by step process of how ordering a truck should work. I ordered from my dealer with X Plan on Friday, but they never took a PIN, or signature on anything. I simply configured it the way I wanted it on the Ford website with the salesman, and wrote a check for $500.

The salesman says they have no order number or anything yet. What is the normal process for ordering? I have been given no information about the process of the truck being bulit, other than I should have it 8-10 weeks from now.

Thanks!

Old 01-24-2017, 08:21 AM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's real similar to what I did. I left with a receipt showing I paid 500 bucks, and a printout of the build sheet, but no trackable numbers. I was told 8 to 10 weeks also. Its been 8.5 weeks, dealer expects my truck to arrive in 2 more weeks.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:22 AM
MagneticTiger
Senior User
Originally Posted by oklarado
That's real similar to what I did. I left with a receipt showing I paid 500 bucks, and a printout of the build sheet, but no trackable numbers. I was told 8 to 10 weeks also. Its been 8.5 weeks, dealer expects my truck to arrive in 2 more weeks.
Did you ever get an order number? I'm pretty sure you are supposed to get an order number. With that, and your dealer ID, you should be able to track the truck's progress at Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com . I think, anyway.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:50 AM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I should have. Everytime I email the dealer and ask for it they don't give it. Instead they run the check thru their system and let me know what they find. I check in about every 2 weeks, I don't have any reason to doubt them.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:56 AM
MagneticTiger
Senior User
Originally Posted by oklarado
I should have. Everytime I email the dealer and ask for it they don't give it. Instead they run the check thru their system and let me know what they find. I check in about every 2 weeks, I don't have any reason to doubt them.
I see. Glad that works for you. I'm going insane already, and its only been 3 days.... Technically 1 day, since they actually placed the order yesterday. I'd go crazy if I couldn't personally check the system every day... maybe I'm just crazy.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:21 AM
novi408
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) which included order number the next day after placing my order. This allowed me to make sure all the correct options were ordered. I used Z plan, so I did provide my PIN which also shows up on the DORA. 2.5 weeks later, I had the build week and then ~3 weeks after the order I have the VIN number.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:23 AM
onetwothree
Freshman User
after ordering, make sure you get the DORA (dealer's copy of completed order acknowledgment from Ford) and then follow up with dealer for VIN-- you can use the VIN to get window sticker here: Use your VIN number to get Ford Window Sticker
you also can query ford in the chat window on the "build it" portion of the Ford Super Duty website to get further info (see this forum for further info on accessing 'chat')--go here to enter VIN to get build info: [url]http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do--only downside is after the vehicle leaves Lexington KY, Ford can't tell you where it is other than it is 'in transit'--the ETA that Ford gives you is a swag-see that here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...K_s/edit#gid=0

Old 01-24-2017, 09:38 AM
MagneticTiger
Senior User
I just got what I think is the DORA. It says Type: Retail. Shouldn't that be X-Plan? I kinda thought it was weird that they didn't take pin. I don't actually care if it's X-Plan, but I do care what my bottom line price is!

Old 01-24-2017, 09:38 AM
MagneticTiger
Senior User
Also, my order code has a letter in it, as well as the sales code. Is that normal?

Old 01-24-2017, 09:44 AM
novi408
Junior User
Originally Posted by homeschool74
I just got what I think is the DORA. It says Type: Retail. Shouldn't that be X-Plan? I kinda thought it was weird that they didn't take pin. I don't actually care if it's X-Plan, but I do care what my bottom line price is!
Does your DORA have the price listed? Mine shows total, A/Z plan, D plan, and X plan price. My order number also has a letter.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:47 AM
MagneticTiger
Senior User
Originally Posted by novi408
Does your DORA have the price listed? Mine shows total, A/Z plan, D plan, and X plan price. My order number also has a letter.
I verified with Ford chat that the order numbers are correct. I only have the MSRP on my DORA. It shows my MSRP as $67,565. X-Plan on the Build and Price is $63,526.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:46 AM
onetwothree
Freshman User
do not forget to get together any other discounts (rebates) etc and when the vehicle is delivered present them to the dealer so that the invoice is completed properly-you can find discounts on this forum as well as an internet search-any new rebates that ford offers between your order date and delivery should also be available to you-i have used x-plan(shareholder) three times in the last two years and the x-plan price has always been
.096 of the invoice plus $240 admin charge by the dealer--all discounts reduce the x-plan price--

Old 01-24-2017, 11:51 AM
17STROKES
Junior User
Orders don't get scheduled until Thursday night you should be able to get more info after night

Old 01-24-2017, 02:00 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You can order X plan, or just a retail order. No real value to doing one vs the other, though as posted, the x plan order will list x plan price. Both come with an identical invoice that list X plan pricing. PIN will be collected at time of order.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:13 PM
bronc71
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by homeschool74
I see. Glad that works for you. I'm going insane already, and its only been 3 days.... Technically 1 day, since they actually placed the order yesterday. I'd go crazy if I couldn't personally check the system every day... maybe I'm just crazy.
Oh boy your going to be in trouble for sure if it's only been 1 day lol
i say go on vacation for 8-10 weeks then start looking for more info after that Just kidding!! good luck hope it comes in as stated

Quick Reply: How does the order process work?