1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

THE CREAM PUFF PROJECT......

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 08:06 PM
lee00
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just spent 3 days in Elkhart...now in Fort Wayne hoping to get my radiator back in because I forgot my fuel hoses....headed back to Cincy Saturday...

Old 12-06-2016, 06:55 PM
paintubturner
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Merry Christmas to me

Merry Christmas to me!!! UPS just dropped it off!

Old 12-07-2016, 07:10 AM
Jarrett Campbell
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Looking good! Yellow tape always gets me in a good mood

Old 12-07-2016, 08:18 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Got it installed yet?

Are you planning on straight pipe exhaust? If so, you're turbo is going to sound awesome without the EBPV/Cat/Muffler.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:24 AM
paintubturner
Senior User
We plan to install it this wknd. My truck has already been straight piped I didn't know the EBPV delete would make my turbo sound better! That's great!

Old 12-07-2016, 09:32 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Do you have a 3" round DP or the factory flat pipe? Round pipe is better all around, sound, performance, etc.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:44 AM
paintubturner
Senior User
Its definitely not factory. It has the round 3"DP. I do know that the other night we were working on removing the turbo, etc so we could get everything ready to install the new pedestal and high flow and when my husband got up under the truck he was having a fit! He said someone "chicken welded" (his words lol) the piece that we need to remove instead of clamping it. He gets frustrated sometimes because it seems like no one pulled any maintenance on my truck over the years and every time we fix one thing we find something else wrong. But as soon as we get the truck mechanically sound it will last me forever! And after the mechanical stuff is done then the fun stuff beings...we will tear the bed off and start sanding and fixing blemishes and getting it ready for new paint! Cant wait!

Old 12-07-2016, 09:49 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Haha, I think he left a word out of "Chicken Welded".

That's great to hear that you plan on going beyond just making it run.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:57 PM
paintubturner
Senior User
UPDATE TO THE CREAM PUFF PROJECT.....

FUEL PUMP…..$98.87

COMPLETE FUEL BOWL ASSEMBLY….$299.98

IPR….$184.81

SINCE 11/26/2016 WE HAVE REPLACED THE VALVE COVER GASKETS, THE UNDER VALVE COVER WIRE HARNESS’, WE HAVE THE DELETE BLANK PEDESTAL PUT TOGETHER JUST NOT INSTALLED BACK INTO THE TRUCK YET, WE HAD ALSO FOUND A FUEL LEAK IN THE VALLEY OF THE ENGINE AND WHILE SEARCHING FOR THAT NEW PROBLEM WE DISCOVERED THE FUEL BOWL WAS BROKEN. SO AS OF NOW I HAVE NEW PARTS SITTING IN OUR SHOP WAITING TO BE PUT ON…..NEW OEM COMPLETE FUEL BOWL ASSEMBLY,A NEW FORD IPR, A NEW FORD FUEL PUMP (ALONG WITH ALL THE HOSES ETC).ALSO, SINCE THE END OF NOVEMBER I HAVE BOUGHT FRONT AND REAR OEM BUMPERS (USED BUT IN EXCELLENT SHAPE), A USED GRILL, USED HEADLIGHTS/PARKING LIGHTS,DIFFERENT MIRRORS FROM A FORD TRUCK, A HOOD IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.I DIDN’T NEED A HOOD BUT DECIDED THAT WHEN I COME ACROSS OEM PARTS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION (FOR A CHEAP PRICE) I AM BUYING THEM.WAS REALLY HOPING THAT WE WERE GOING TO HAVE THE TRUCK PUT BACK TOGETHER AND RUNNING IN OUR SHOP BY LAST WKND BUT IT WAS 4 DEGREES ALL WKND AND THE SALAMANDER HEATER BARELY TOOK THE CHILL OUT OF THE AIR.THIS WEEK WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A FEW 45 DEGREE DAYS AND WE WILL MAKE SOME GOOD PROGRESS (GOTTA LOVE INDIANA WEATHER! FRIGID ONE DAY AND SPRING LIKE THE NEXT!)AS SOON AS EVERYTHING IS PUT BACK TOGETHER WE ARE GOING TO SIPHON OUT ALL OF THE OIL FROM THE TRUCK AND START OVER FRESH AND ADD HOT SHOT SECRET.I AM GETTING REALLY REALLY ANXIOUS TO GET MY TRUCK RUNNING BECAUSE ONCE THE TRUCK IS MECHANICALLY SOUND THEN WE CAN START SANDING AND PREPPING FOR A NEW PAINT JOB AND I AM GOING TO STRIP THE BLACK PAINT OFF OF MY ALUMINUM RIMS (WATCHED A FEW HOW TO VIDEOS YOU TUBE).IT SURE DIDN’T TAKE LONG TOGET OVER $2,200 WRAPPED UP IN MECHANICAL FIXES AND THAT’S BEEN DOING 99% OF IT BY OURSELVES!I AM SURE HOPING TO GETATLEAST ANOTHER YEAR OF NICE WEATHER DRIVING OUT OF MY INJECTORS THAT WAY I HAVE ALITTLE TIME TO SAVE UP FOR THE INEVITABLE. I AM ALSO RESEARCHING LEVELING KITS AND SCANNERS AT THIS TIME.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:28 PM
knottyrope
Lead Driver
Received 874 Likes on 665 Posts
Since 11/26/2016 we have replaced the valve cover gaskets, the under valve cover wire harness’, we have the delete blank pedestal put together just not installed back into the truck yet, we had also found a fuel leak in the valley of the engine and while searching for that new problem we discovered the fuel bowl was broken. So as of now I have new parts sitting in our shop waiting to be put on…..New oem complete fuel bowl assembly, a new ford ipr, a new ford fuel pump (along with all the hoses etc).Also, since the end of November I have bought front and rear oem bumpers (used but in excellent shape), a used grill, used headlights/parking lights, different mirrors from a ford truck, a hood in excellent condition. I didn’t need a hood but decided that when I come across oem parts in excellent condition (for a cheap price) I am buying them. Was really hoping that we were going to have the truck put back together and running in our shop by last wknd but it was 4 degrees all wknd and the salamander heater barely took the chill out of the air.
This week we are going to have a few 45 degree days and we will make some good progress (gotta love indiana weather! Frigid one day and spring like the next!)as soon as everything is put back together we are going to siphon out all of the oil from the truck and start over fresh and add hot shot secret. I am getting really really anxious to get my truck running because once the truck is mechanically sound then we can start sanding and prepping for a new paint job and I am going to strip the black paint off of my aluminum rims (watched a few how to videos you tube).It sure didn’t take long to get over $2,200 wrapped up in mechanical fixes and that’s been doing 99% of it by ourselves! I am sure hoping to get at least another year of nice weather driving out of my injectors that way I have a little time to save up for the inevitable. I am also researching leveling kits and scanners at this time.

https://convertcase.net/ works wonders if you forgot caps lock on

Old 01-10-2017, 09:26 PM
nateairman
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by knottyrope
Since 11/26/2016 we have replaced the valve cover gaskets, the under valve cover wire harness’, we have the delete blank pedestal put together just not installed back into the truck yet, we had also found a fuel leak in the valley of the engine and while searching for that new problem we discovered the fuel bowl was broken. So as of now I have new parts sitting in our shop waiting to be put on…..New oem complete fuel bowl assembly, a new ford ipr, a new ford fuel pump (along with all the hoses etc).Also, since the end of November I have bought front and rear oem bumpers (used but in excellent shape), a used grill, used headlights/parking lights, different mirrors from a ford truck, a hood in excellent condition. I didn’t need a hood but decided that when I come across oem parts in excellent condition (for a cheap price) I am buying them. Was really hoping that we were going to have the truck put back together and running in our shop by last wknd but it was 4 degrees all wknd and the salamander heater barely took the chill out of the air.
This week we are going to have a few 45 degree days and we will make some good progress (gotta love indiana weather! Frigid one day and spring like the next!)as soon as everything is put back together we are going to siphon out all of the oil from the truck and start over fresh and add hot shot secret. I am getting really really anxious to get my truck running because once the truck is mechanically sound then we can start sanding and prepping for a new paint job and I am going to strip the black paint off of my aluminum rims (watched a few how to videos you tube).It sure didn’t take long to get over $2,200 wrapped up in mechanical fixes and that’s been doing 99% of it by ourselves! I am sure hoping to get at least another year of nice weather driving out of my injectors that way I have a little time to save up for the inevitable. I am also researching leveling kits and scanners at this time.

https://convertcase.net/ works wonders if you forgot caps lock on

10char

Old 01-11-2017, 12:43 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
DO NOT, for the love of god, use Hot Shot. These oil and fuel systems are HEUI and additives are murder. Just use good regular diesel rated oil.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:43 PM
paintubturner
Senior User

My fuel line sleeves came today

Old 01-11-2017, 03:45 PM
paintubturner
Senior User

We got the new IPR, fuel bowl and fuel pump installed last night.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I didn't see you mention this so I figured I'd ask just in case.

What type of anti-freeze did you add? If you used conventional green coolant and distilled water (ONLY USE DISTILLED WATER IF ADDING WATER TO FULL STRENGTH COOLANT), did you make sure to add the SCA coolant additive?

These motors require a special additive in the coolant to prevent cavitation. I believe the cavatation happens near the cylinder walls and coolant passages and can eventually lead to irreversible damage. This happens due to the large compression and vibrations these motors produce, which doesn't happen in your standard gasoline engine. You can get the additive at O'reillys or probably Napa and get the test strips for the additive at Napa as well!

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-Di.../dp/B0065SZU8I

Quick Reply: THE CREAM PUFF PROJECT......