Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

I think it's totaled

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 06:09 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I used to go on a Focus web site There was a guy who's Focus SVT got hit. The body shop fixed the car. He got in to leave after it was fixed and the seat belt pin had went off. The insurance company totaled the car,because it put it over the value.......

Old 07-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Glad to hear it's not totaled Bob! I'm happy for you. Hopefully then the body shop won't find any further damage, which they just might if it's leaning that hard to the right. If they do, then I hope for your sake that doesn't put you over the $13k limit. The important thing is though that no one was hurt. The body shop can make your baby all better. I also hope for your sake that the body shop does a good job on 'er, and she comes back to you good as new!

Old 07-13-2016, 07:45 PM
royb
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ouch

looks totaled to me - if the value is 13k and they say 10k damage - i bet I can find another 3 k of repairs .... so did you know the truck is put together with bonding agents at the fenders? they never go back on and look factory so if you know what to look for it will show the damage.

most places can't fix newer vehicles so that is doesn't show any sign of repair work - reason is the build method is unique and the metal is paper thin.

you might want to consider making a claim under "diminished value" and be ready for a "repair issue" . a diminished value claim is accomplished by getting an appraisal. and a repair issue is the fight with the body shop so that you force them to repair like new or they won't get paid.

I've owned a body shop in the past so I wish you best of luck. It's best to avoid the high volume body shops that rifle through talent and treat all as a number to get the insurance check. Find a place that the owner has their name on the door. The place doesn't have to be pretty just their work and most place have issues the key how they handle the issues.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:06 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb...(see what I did there?) and say the right front spring is busted causing the lean.

It's all cosmetic otherwise I don't see any reason why it can't be fixed, I've seen must worse be fixed and look nearly factory for many years after.

My '98 Expedition was t-boned in 2011, it only had 68k miles on it and was a cream puff. I did not want it totaled over the ordeal because you could not find another in the condition and I knew it's history since new. The truck booked for 8k and the repairs were $5,500 or so all said and done. Required a new (used) door and quarter panel (had to be sectioned in) but the shop did an awesome job and it looked fantastic when I sold it last fall with 112k miles on it. They blended the whole side of the truck and back hatch so the paint was a perfect match.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:11 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
That really stinks Bob. I am glad the truck is not totaled and that you, your family (and Ka'bluey) are just fine.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:08 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel
Glad to hear it's not totaled Bob! I'm happy for you. Hopefully then the body shop won't find any further damage, which they just might if it's leaning that hard to the right. If they do, then I hope for your sake that doesn't put you over the $13k limit. The important thing is though that no one was hurt. The body shop can make your baby all better. I also hope for your sake that the body shop does a good job on 'er, and she comes back to you good as new!

I know the body shop is going to find more damage. The adjuster didn't know why it sets the way that it does now. The adjuster also valued my truck at $25K, for the low miles, and for the condition that it was in before the tree's fell on it.
The body shop I've picked out has fantastic reviews, and not far from the house. I'm pretty good about popping in and checking on stuff.

Unk Bob

Old 07-14-2016, 07:11 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by royb
looks totaled to me - if the value is 13k and they say 10k damage - i bet I can find another 3 k of repairs .... so did you know the truck is put together with bonding agents at the fenders? they never go back on and look factory so if you know what to look for it will show the damage.

most places can't fix newer vehicles so that is doesn't show any sign of repair work - reason is the build method is unique and the metal is paper thin.

you might want to consider making a claim under "diminished value" and be ready for a "repair issue" . a diminished value claim is accomplished by getting an appraisal. and a repair issue is the fight with the body shop so that you force them to repair like new or they won't get paid.
The body shop should get the truck today, and I'm expecting a phone call telling me about further damages.
And I've already checked on North Carolina Laws about diminished Values. And that is payable by the person responsable, or their insurance company. And they won't return messages. It may be time to get an atty.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:14 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
I'm going to go out on a limb...(see what I did there?) and say the right front spring is busted causing the lean.

It's all cosmetic otherwise I don't see any reason why it can't be fixed, I've seen must worse be fixed and look nearly factory for many years after

Hey Russ!
I'm all for the truck being repaired correctly. It's almost half paid off, and just turned 50K.

Unk Bob

Old 07-14-2016, 07:15 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by mountain dewd
That really stinks Bob. I am glad the truck is not totaled and that you, your family (and Ka'bluey) are just fine.
Thanks DEWED!
That;s the big thing, nobody was hurt. The truck can be repaired or replaced.
Now if it were Ka'Bluey, heads would be on a platter.

Unk Bob

Old 07-14-2016, 09:20 AM
wojowojo16
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI I had a neighbors shingle fall off there roof and hit my vehicle, causing ~ $1200 in damage. I talked to MY insurance and I talked to neighbors homeowners insurance. Consensus is that it was a comp claim on my insurance. Neighbor even tried to get his homeowners to pay for it. Now, if my car had been on his property different story (and since your truck was on his property I'm not sure).

With that said, tree into truck is act of god....hopefully he will pay your deductible at the least (thats what my neighbor did for me out of good faith.)

Old 07-14-2016, 10:41 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by wojowojo16
FYI I had a neighbors shingle fall off there roof and hit my vehicle, causing ~ $1200 in damage. I talked to MY insurance and I talked to neighbors homeowners insurance. Consensus is that it was a comp claim on my insurance. Neighbor even tried to get his homeowners to pay for it. Now, if my car had been on his property different story (and since your truck was on his property I'm not sure).

With that said, tree into truck is act of god....hopefully he will pay your deductible at the least (thats what my neighbor did for me out of good faith.)
I'm still trying to get a hold of the property owner, she, won't return phone calls, text' or email. She's been like this since this last Thursday evening when this happend. So same thing you went through. Filed under my insurance, and my comprehensive coverage will fix my truck, and wont effect my payments. I've already asked her for all of the money back that we paid to rent her cabin for that 4 day's.
If I have to, I have no problem hiring an attorney, and asking for more money, plus attorney fee's.

Unk Bob

Old 07-14-2016, 06:43 PM
maytag906
Posting Guru

You might be surprised what get's fixed. My 2011, after a tree fell on it about a year and a half ago. Almost $9000.00, it was fixed.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:44 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Originally Posted by maytag906

u might be surprised what get's fixed. My 2011, after a tree fell on it about a year and a half ago. Almost $80000.00, it was fixed.
Are you sure you have that number right?

Old 07-14-2016, 06:46 PM
maytag906
Posting Guru
edited.....

Old 07-14-2016, 07:40 PM
royb
Senior User
Originally Posted by ubereal2
I'm still trying to get a hold of the property owner, she, won't return phone calls, text' or email. She's been like this since this last Thursday evening when this happend. So same thing you went through. Filed under my insurance, and my comprehensive coverage will fix my truck, and wont effect my payments. I've already asked her for all of the money back that we paid to rent her cabin for that 4 day's.
If I have to, I have no problem hiring an attorney, and asking for more money, plus attorney fee's.

Unk Bob
so the property owner is responsible and you just look up who they are on the county tax website and you can have them served. All you have to do is call the top 5 insurance companies and say " I'm submitting a claim against (property owners) insurance policy for (fill in the blank) which is an amount to be determined. It's that easy and they don't have to cooperate. you can still do it that way. most of the time one of the top 5 companies in the area is their insurance carrier - if it's not you can have them served.

Last edited by royb; 07-14-2016 at 07:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: I think it's totaled