1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 F250 - Air Lift 72000 Wireless Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 02:56 PM
divernick
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 F250 - Air Lift 72000 Wireless Kit

It's july 4th weekend so no tech support around but I'm hoping someone can help or perhaps seen this behavior.

I finished installing the Air Lift 72000 Wireless Compressor and Manifold plus Air Lift bags for the F250 (specifically 88396). First time going to test it though and I can't get air in the bags beyond 15 PSI.

The controller indicates "BLOC" as error code indicating something is blocking but I'm suspicious of the mnifold itself. When the compressor kicks on half the air bleeds off through what I'll call the dump valve. The same valve used when letting air out of the system. It's a constant flow so my bags will never go above 15-18 PSI and eventually the module produces the "BLOC" error.

I tried inflating each side independently assuming having debris on both sides would be unlikely but same issue so again I'm assuming the manifold assembly.

I'm new to bags but I'm assuming it's not normal for the air to bleed off like that when trying to fill.

Anyone familar with this kit and ideas on why perhaps that valve opens? It doesn't stay open. If I sent it to hold 15 PSI it will get there and hold the pressure. No leaks I can find. I just can't get above that.

Thoughts?

Ideas are very much appreciated.

Update - I plugged the bleed with my finger and added 55 PSI to the system. After I removed my fingers it bled off some and compressor kicked in but couldn't fill again without plugging the valve. Obviously faulty.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:47 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Are you sure the manifold is oriented right side up? There are 2 possible orientations and 2 that are wrong.

Sometimes those press-in air line fittings take a little more pressure to fully seat than we'd like to think, maybe go and push to feel if there is any more room inside the fittings.

The air line can get twisted and kinked, were there any difficult air line routes where there could be a hidden kink?

Old 07-02-2016, 06:19 PM
divernick
New User
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Are you sure the manifold is oriented right side up? There are 2 possible orientations and 2 that are wrong.

Sometimes those press-in air line fittings take a little more pressure to fully seat than we'd like to think, maybe go and push to feel if there is any more room inside the fittings.

The air line can get twisted and kinked, were there any difficult air line routes where there could be a hidden kink?
Thank you for the reply. I'm 99.9% sure it's oriented correctly. I know what you are referring to as the instructions where explicit about it. But I'll check again.

I will check the fittings again but I also think I know what you are referring to. I noticed there seemed like an initial seating but push harder and you get a second.

The air lines I made sure i left with plenty of play as to not kink and have room to move with the suspension. No tight corners either so I'm pretty confident with that.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:19 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dang, pain in the rear to have to deal with a defective unit. I've installed 3 or 4 of these things and it's been pretty easy.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:11 PM
divernick
New User
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Dang, pain in the rear to have to deal with a defective unit. I've installed 3 or 4 of these things and it's been pretty easy.
I ended up taking it off again, took the assembly apart (valve and manifold), opened the valve unit and reinstalled. It is now properly and consistently switching between fill and dump. Nothing seemed obvious when I opened it up but perhaps putting it back together fixed whatever wasn't sitting properly. I was able to raise and drop multiple times at multiple pressures including up to 95 PSI. Just short of max.

I now have a very small leak some where but now that I can get air into the system, I can search that out with soap and water but that's it for now as it's late on a very hot day.

Thanks for the different thoughts. I hadn't been on this forum before but keeping it bookmarked now.