2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

From a confirmed KTP employee

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Azuretruck
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by daVincidoc
Gosh it is always interesting to see each of us justify our decisions and then to imply extraordinary wisdom on our parts. Heck if you really want all the "potential" bugs worked out you never buy a new model the first year. My extraordinary wisdom lies in the fact that I got a hard trade in value on my 2015 350 dually and so I let the dealer decide how to order it. Every time they back up the production date my wisdom continues to grow. Before long I will be a legend in my own mind. We all do what suits our needs so let's be careful in implying that early orders are foolish. Buying a brand new overpriced truck is viewed by many as foolish. In the end all the trucks will be the same and I doubt any of us experts could tell the difference between one produced in late July, August or September. To each their own. The excitement continues to build and the boys in the candy shop can't contain themselves(me included)
Well said
+1
I don't have a VIN so have no choice but to wait but I wish I had one

Old 07-12-2016, 09:00 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 438 Likes on 323 Posts
I don't have the money for the order. So I'll just claim that new trucks are dumb.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:40 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by seventyseven250
I don't have the money for the order. So I'll just claim that new trucks are dumb.

Haha I love reading those claims and you just know that when you tell someone that they just can't afford it so they trash it they reply with "I can buy it cash so don't know what you're talking about"

Old 07-13-2016, 09:25 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My favorite part is someone who likely drives a 97' Kia or Hyundai telling me how ugly the bumpers and "cheese grater grill" on my Platinum are...

Old 07-13-2016, 09:42 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by EightySecond
My favorite part is someone who likely drives a 97' Kia or Hyundai telling me how ugly the bumpers and "cheese grater grill" on my Platinum are...
The grille on the Platinum is most definitely a cheese grater, but I still like it very well!

Lots of folks are dreamers on this forum with never-ending advice and thoughts for everyone else. That's not to say someone who isn't buying one of these new trucks shouldn't say anything - obviously they may have perfectly valid input. But I much prefer someone who is honest and says they don't have the money right now to buy one.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:45 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am with you on that.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:13 AM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 433 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
The grille on the Platinum is most definitely a cheese grater, but I still like it very well!

Lots of folks are dreamers on this forum with never-ending advice and thoughts for everyone else. That's not to say someone who isn't buying one of these new trucks shouldn't say anything - obviously they may have perfectly valid input. But I much prefer someone who is honest and says they don't have the money right now to buy one.
I don't have the money right now to buy one.

True story...hopefully there will be a '19 model in my garage...

Old 07-13-2016, 10:15 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Honest input is important Constructive criticism is good. Panning and flaming is destructive to the basis of open welcome discourse. I admit to strong negativity when the 2017 super duty was first presented but the lines grew on me in spite of the similarities to the Chivrolet. I believe many others also present an opinion which changes over time. I hope all opinions can remain open and not take a dive to the gutter regardless of motivation by the poster.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:18 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Rasalas
Honest input is important Constructive criticism is good. Panning and flaming is destructive to the basis of open welcome discourse. I admit to strong negativity when the 2017 super duty was first presented but the lines grew on me in spite of the similarities to the Chivrolet. I believe many others also present an opinion which changes over time. I hope all opinions can remain open and not take a dive to the gutter regardless of motivation by the poster.
Oh yeah, I hated the truck when I saw the early picture on Jalopnik. The front end seemed wide like a Chevy. After seeing more and more of it, maybe I'm just desensitized, but I actually can see a lot of Ford Super Duty still in the truck. Its going to be a great truck.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:34 AM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh yeah, I hated the truck when I saw the early picture on Jalopnik. The front end seemed wide like a Chevy. After seeing more and more of it, maybe I'm just desensitized, but I actually can see a lot of Ford Super Duty still in the truck. Its going to be a great truck.
To me, I see a combination of the Super Duty and OBS in the front end.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:48 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Remember when that Jalopnik pic first surfaced and was posted here? Wars were fought over whether is was real and one poster bet his life savings it was fake because the guy standing behind it seemed to be cut off at the body and had no legs. I can't remember who that was and sometimes ponder how he's doing living under a bridge...LOL...

Old 07-13-2016, 10:58 AM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
They definitely look better than how that pic portrayed them.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:44 AM
Bat4x4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schedule

[QUOTE=toddstang;16414810]No production on Monday, start up on 7/12

One day delay right now.
This is not uncommon for Ford to make sure everything goes together correctly.
Start up will be
Does anyone know if they are running on schedule or not?

Old 07-13-2016, 12:30 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Remember when that Jalopnik pic first surfaced and was posted here? Wars were fought over whether is was real and one poster bet his life savings it was fake because the guy standing behind it seemed to be cut off at the body and had no legs. I can't remember who that was and sometimes ponder how he's doing living under a bridge...LOL...
Nah, he jut canceled the bet and went out and ordered one, lol.

That was a pretty lousy pic, though.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:32 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Nah, he jut canceled the bet and went out and ordered one, lol.
Ah, so it's like what Kramer did on Seinfeld when he bet Jerry he would get rid of all his furniture and build "levels" throughout his apartment. Makes sense now...

Quick Reply: From a confirmed KTP employee