2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

From a confirmed KTP employee

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 09:44 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 455 Likes on 332 Posts
Fords social media people are likely working on getting some photos released, but I'm guessing they need to be filtered through a few layers of approvals.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Hopefully so as the "buyers of this new platform" like to have pictures to hold "us" over till our trucks get here right guys?

It's not like we are spies for the GM an the Dodge camp..

I do however have my doubts about a few new members here waiting for the numbers to be released.. lol

Old 07-11-2016, 11:34 PM
azeemtn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'm one of those waiting. I need to see if I can get by with a SRW or have to go DRW for my Toy hauler.

Industry insiders already have some idea (better than us) what's happening with #'s. It's not like they are surprised when the competitor comes out with something.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:20 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 538 Likes on 262 Posts
I guess I'm surprised Ford cares about new pics. We've seen all the images they've released; seen photos of the trucks testing, and seen trucks at the shows. I just want to see more!

Old 07-12-2016, 08:24 AM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 129 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
I guess I'm surprised Ford cares about new pics. We've seen all the images they've released; seen photos of the trucks testing, and seen trucks at the shows. I just want to see more!
Monday will be the big info and video dump. I'm headed Friday to drive a few over in Alabama. I'll post some pics.

The 6.7 PowerStroke Facebook pages are full of photos from the various ride and drive events.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:32 AM
petei
Tuned
The line is not moving like it suppose to move,it's a slow start.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:35 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 538 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by UGA33
Monday will be the big info and video dump. I'm headed Friday to drive a few over in Alabama. I'll post some pics.

The 6.7 PowerStroke Facebook pages are full of photos from the various ride and drive events.
Thanks Josh, can't wait.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:46 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UGA33

Awesome! This is exciting

Old 07-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Wonder how the 1st full day of production went?

Old 07-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutcutter
Wonder how the 1st full day of production went?
Looking at the KTP Rumor Site I surmised that the frame line was not running and B shift was not called in. There are problems with the stamping and the paint line. Panels are requiring a lot of hand grinding and all of the painting was repaint. They were unable to build enough bodies to load the stacker and so the line was still down. Comments indicated it may be Thursday or Friday before the line is running. Employees are all anxious to get things moving sense many are sitting home waiting for the "robo call".

Old 07-12-2016, 06:22 PM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Man, that sux. Not good to keep pushing back for those of us wanting our trucks, lol. But would rather they have it right vs, putting together a crappy product

Old 07-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PwerStroke99
Man, that sux. Not good to keep pushing back for those of us wanting our trucks, lol. But would rather they have it right vs, putting together a crappy product
My truck is ordered retail so I do not expect a build date or VIN until August. As much as I want this truck I am glad the glitches are being resolved on the line now. I am sure every truck released will be good but I also would be happier if mine was good the first time around and did not have to go through repaint right out of the chute. The regional manager who covers my dealership indicated that it is much wiser to wait and get one built totally after the "OK to ship date." So I will wait with baited breath and listen to the "oh boy they build mine next week and I'll have it on the following Wednesday."

Old 07-12-2016, 07:13 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,201 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
My truck is ordered retail so I do not expect a build date or VIN until August. As much as I want this truck I am glad the glitches are being resolved on the line now. I am sure every truck released will be good but I also would be happier if mine was good the first time around and did not have to go through repaint right out of the chute. The regional manager who covers my dealership indicated that it is much wiser to wait and get one built totally after the "OK to ship date." So I will wait with baited breath and listen to the "oh boy they build mine next week and I'll have it on the following Wednesday."

I couldn't agree more....

Old 07-12-2016, 08:24 PM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
Definitely agree with that. This is my first new truck and I want it done right the first time. I am in no hurry, but definitely excited to get it.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:36 PM
daVincidoc
Senior User
Gosh it is always interesting to see each of us justify our decisions and then to imply extraordinary wisdom on our parts. Heck if you really want all the "potential" bugs worked out you never buy a new model the first year. My extraordinary wisdom lies in the fact that I got a hard trade in value on my 2015 350 dually and so I let the dealer decide how to order it. Every time they back up the production date my wisdom continues to grow. Before long I will be a legend in my own mind. We all do what suits our needs so let's be careful in implying that early orders are foolish. Buying a brand new overpriced truck is viewed by many as foolish. In the end all the trucks will be the same and I doubt any of us experts could tell the difference between one produced in late July, August or September. To each their own. The excitement continues to build and the boys in the candy shop can't contain themselves(me included)

Quick Reply: From a confirmed KTP employee