2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017 Build Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 11:16 AM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
No place for the front license plate? Still just tacked on the outside of the bumper and looking ugly.
Bang one of the plates around a bit and throw it under a seat instead of mounting it on the front. If you get pulled over, tell them it fell off, here it is, and you're going to mount it again when you get home. It has worked well for me.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:22 AM
bowler304
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And then there are many who are buying a tow vehicle for their family recreational vehicle. No matter how good you are at parking every inch counts when accessing campground sites. 8 footers are not needed to pull a boat. And then others who really do not need a full length bed and are looking forward to enjoying a fine luxury mode of transportation and an occasional trip to the garden store or home center. Now if we want to talk about useless, don't forget the Ranchero and ElCamino. I will always have an 8' box but I understand others for which it is not a requirement.
I would get a 5.5 foot bed if they made one, would still fit in my garage! The only sad thing about the new truck is it will have to sit outside, should of bought / made a bigger garage.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AK_SuperDuty
Bang one of the plates around a bit and throw it under a seat instead of mounting it on the front. If you get pulled over, tell them it fell off, here it is, and you're going to mount it again when you get home. It has worked well for me.
Heir Police Officers here in NY are over 50% equipped (and on the way to 100%) with mobile license plate readers. Catch you in either direction. I like your idea but don't wish to start conversations with gestapo.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:24 AM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
And then there are many who are buying a tow vehicle for their family recreational vehicle. No matter how good you are at parking every inch counts when accessing campground sites. 8 footers are not needed to pull a boat. And then others who really do not need a full length bed and are looking forward to enjoying a fine luxury mode of transportation and an occasional trip to the garden store or home center. Now if we want to talk about useless, don't forget the Ranchero and ElCamino. I will always have an 8' box but I understand others for which it is not a requirement.
I've owned a short bed (6.5') F150 for years. Never again. And all my friends who bought the short bed Super Duty's in the past have never gone back again. People who tow boats, huge trailers, etc. I realize there's a market for them and people love them, but I don't get it. The only advantage is parking and with the new tech, even people who can't drive well should be able to figure it out.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:25 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by bowler304
I would get a 5.5 foot bed if they made one, would still fit in my garage! The only sad thing about the new truck is it will have to sit outside, should of bought / made a bigger garage.
Years ago our neighbor bought a brand new 59 Cadillac. Had to have a 2' shed attached to the back of his garage for the front end. Worked like a charm.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:25 AM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Heir Police Officers here in NY are over 50% equipped (and on the way to 100%) with mobile license plate readers. Catch you in either direction. I like your idea but don't wish to start conversations with gestapo.
Yeah I see your point. But I live in Alaska where we haven't gone communist....yet.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:36 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we need more build pics :-)

Old 06-08-2016, 12:10 PM
jackfordsd350
Laughing Gas
Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts
These images look great on the desktop of my computer. Now I get to look at the truck daily for a couple of months until delivery.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:45 PM
hollapm
Tuned
Rasalas, Thanks for keeping it real

Old 06-08-2016, 01:16 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
This is my likely order.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 06-08-2016, 03:51 PM
fzrider998
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No LED Headlights for SuperCabs

My guess is that not too many people noticed, since most people gravitate towards the CrewCab models, but in several builds, I noticed that even when choosing the Lariat trim on a SuperCab, you can not order the "Lariat Ultimate" package at all...which means no LED headlights available.

Interesting.........

I find it odd that they pair-up options the way they do. So a guy who wants to get an 8 foot bed without the length of a CC+LB, apparently doesn't need LED lights.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by fzrider998
My guess is that not too many people noticed, since most people gravitate towards the CrewCab models, but in several builds, I noticed that even when choosing the Lariat trim on a SuperCab, you can not order the "Lariat Ultimate" package at all...which means no LED headlights available.
This has been discussed several times in the other sections. If I can muster the funds there is an aftermarket harness and OEM Led's available but it is pricey, about $1600. Still cheaper than all the options required just to spend a grand at the factory.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:59 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Lariat Ultimate isn't available on the current SC either. I love my SC but I think it's a dying breed.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:12 PM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Lariat Ultimate isn't available on the current SC either. I love my SC but I think it's a dying breed.
My current pickup is a SC from 2005. I can't imagine buying another one. I guess for people who are doing snow plowing and need a shorter truck or something, but for the large majority of customers, crew cab is a preferred option. I know I'll never go back.

Quick Reply: 2017 Build Picture Thread