Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

CT June BS

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 07:25 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Good morning everyone.

I think I'm more upset about the whole thing John! She suggested we not even get the thing fixed.

Obviously THAT'S not an option. The insurance adjuster came to my office a couple hours after I was at the body shop. $2,751 in damage. She goes in tomorrow for them to get started.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:03 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tom
Good morning everyone.

I think I'm more upset about the whole thing John! She suggested we not even get the thing fixed.

Obviously THAT'S not an option. The insurance adjuster came to my office a couple hours after I was at the body shop. $2,751 in damage. She goes in tomorrow for them to get started.
That's a lot more than $1,000. Double. Ouch. You have to remember it was an accident. Stuff happens.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:50 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening guys, John, hope you had good luck at the doctors!

I just went back to the doctors for a follow up on my elbow that had the injection back in February. I was doing great until a few weeks ago, lots of pain/problems again but I over did it. Had over 200 hours of hard labor in May so, I'm certainly not taking it easy, and we just tore down a 40' chimney the past 2 days, with two fireplaces in it, filled a 15 yard dumpster with masonry.

I go for another shot tomorrow, currently taking 800mg Iburprophen every 8 hours and icing, I'll have a few days of rest coming up to. I'm using a fully mechanical mixer from now on at work to avoid unnecessary wear and tear. I have a 35 gallon barrel and a massive drill with a paddle on it that does great, no more mixing with a hoe or a shovel for me

Old 06-10-2016, 06:23 AM
rocdril
Postmaster
FRIDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great weekend eveyone!

Old 06-10-2016, 07:20 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good morning and Happy Friday everyone!

Sounds rough Kyle. Ever consider getting into another line of work?

Old 06-10-2016, 07:21 AM
gbroehl1
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to Friday everyone!

Old 06-10-2016, 12:00 PM
jbehuniak
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Happy Friday! Finally a weekend off. Heading to upstate NY late tonight. Hopefully have some wings at J Tim's with the gf before heading out. Also hope the weather holds out.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:13 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Tom
Good morning and Happy Friday everyone!

Sounds rough Kyle. Ever consider getting into another line of work?
Yes! I only plan on sticking with masonry for another 6 months to a year maximum. Right now I want to at least make it to the end of the year so I can have a two year steady work history with the same company so I can get approved for property or a home.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:49 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jbehuniak
Happy Friday! Finally a weekend off. Heading to upstate NY late tonight. Hopefully have some wings at J Tim's with the gf before heading out. Also hope the weather holds out.
Mmm, j Tim's. I'm fairly confident they are my favorite wings in the state. The rest of the food is good too.

Old 06-11-2016, 04:53 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Morning

The wind has been kicking since Thursday at the camp. Seems quiet now so we can enjoy Saturday food. At 5:30 My neighbor is out starting his smoker. It will be a good day.

Waiting on doctor for what's ahead or not. Thanks for concern but not serious yet.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:08 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good morning everyone!

Old 06-11-2016, 10:43 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Morning everyone, I set up a bucket trap for chipmunks earlier this morning. I filled a 5 gallon bucket with a few inches of water, dumped some sunflower seed into it, put a ramp with peanut butter and seeds going up to the bucket and a little piece of cardboard with seed/peanut butter on the edge of the ramp, balanced by a stick that flips over when something goes to eat the pile.

Worked good, got one chipmunk in about an hour and a half, three or four more left! Our house recently got a new septic and they are eating all of the grass seed and tunneling around like crazy all over the yard. My only problem is that the trap attracted a squirrel and its fighting the chipmunk for the bait by the ramp so I think that if he stays away, I'll be able to get them all.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:45 AM
gbroehl1
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by keyul
Morning everyone, I set up a bucket trap for chipmunks earlier this morning. I filled a 5 gallon bucket with a few inches of water, dumped some sunflower seed into it, put a ramp with peanut butter and seeds going up to the bucket and a little piece of cardboard with seed/peanut butter on the edge of the ramp, balanced by a stick that flips over when something goes to eat the pile.

Worked good, got one chipmunk in about an hour and a half, three or four more left! Our house recently got a new septic and they are eating all of the grass seed and tunneling around like crazy all over the yard.
I've had 4 of these setup for a couple of weeks now. They work relatively well until the squirrels start getting acrobatic about getting to the food. I'm about 4 or 5 chipmunks in and at least as many field mice.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:16 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by gbroehl1
I've had 4 of these setup for a couple of weeks now. They work relatively well until the squirrels start getting acrobatic about getting to the food. I'm about 4 or 5 chipmunks in and at least as many field mice.
I just looked out the window and saw three squirrels around the bucket, looks like they may have dropped the platform, I might have to get a pellet gun next! Only problem is, there's a pick your own strawberry field behind our house, I don;t wanna come out on the porch with a pellet gun and have someone start freaking out in the field haha

Old 06-11-2016, 08:27 PM
jbehuniak
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
She's still better at fishing me

Quick Reply: CT June BS