Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Ford Sync wont update

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 05:07 PM
wecoyote
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too am having difficulty updating my 2013 F150 XLT with the basic Sync. I have worked my way to the System Menu and attempted to install application. I also received the error stating there are no installation files present on my USB.

I have tried two different USBs. One of which I had used before to update a previous time just after purchasing the truck.

I see that there is an issue with the 4.4 update where it doesn't seem to be working correctly. Has anyone been able to run the update?

I cannot PM my VIN and such to FordIVTteam since I just created this account after finding this thread though a rather long internet search.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:25 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Hey wecoyote!

Did you format the USB to FAT32 and unzip the file before saving it? If so, I recommend clearing the history, cookies, and cache from the browser and re-download the update. Let me know how it goes!

Cara

Old 04-27-2016, 12:36 PM
wecoyote
New User
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey wecoyote!

Did you format the USB to FAT32 and unzip the file before saving it? If so, I recommend clearing the history, cookies, and cache from the browser and re-download the update. Let me know how it goes!

Cara
I did. In fact, I used two different drives. The first was a newly formatted 4GB drive (to FAT32) using a complete format. The second was the same one I had used for the last update (4.1) that was 2GB. I even tried using two different browsers to do the download. I used both Google Chrome and Windows IE both on a Windows 7 computer. Each time I downloaded the zip file to my computer and then moved (unziped) the contents to my USB drive.

Last night I called Ford customer support for Sync. I described how I had attempted to perform the update and the individual steps I used for all the attempts. They took my VIN, name, phone number and such. They said that they are having problems with this update and would "talk with engineering" about my results. They had no ETA on when and how it would be corrected.

I have my case number if that helps.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:45 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

I'm glad a case was submitted, wecoyote; that would've been my next step for you. The agent was correct in stating that this is a known issue and there is no ETA at this time. Please send your email in a PM to ensure you are notified when there is a resolution.

Cara

Old 04-27-2016, 02:27 PM
wecoyote
New User
I'm glad a case was submitted, wecoyote; that would've been my next step for you. The agent was correct in stating that this is a known issue and there is no ETA at this time. Please send your email in a PM to ensure you are notified when there is a resolution.

Cara
Unfortunately, I haven't made enough posts to be allowed to send PMs.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:18 AM
P-Bod
New User
Same problem for my 2012 Expedition with NAV. I'm doing everything right, but "File Not Found." I PM'd my VIN to FordIVTteam.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:42 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by wecoyote
Unfortunately, I haven't made enough posts to be allowed to send PMs.
Hi wecoyote,

No worries! Since you have a case number, they'll be able to contact you with the methods you provided!

Originally Posted by P-Bod
Same problem for my 2012 Expedition with NAV. I'm doing everything right, but "File Not Found." I PM'd my VIN to FordIVTteam.
P-Bod,

Check out your PM for my reply!

Cara

Old 04-29-2016, 08:32 PM
P-Bod
New User
Try this only at your own risk. I'm not a programmer, and I have no special knowledge at all on this topic. I just used curiosity, tips from others and a hunch. It worked on my wife's 2012 Expedition with Nav.

From 'install.lst' I removed the text in red below and left the remaining text as is. This tip came from another forum found by searching the web for 'E1BT-14D546-GA'. Removing this unnecessary text allows the disk to be read, but others reported that the install still failed with a message other than "File Not Found."

;+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!
; !
; USB Update Application !
; !
; USB Installation !
; !
; Microsoft Windows Automotive !
; !
;+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!

[Windows Mobile For Automotive 5.8]

Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF
Open1 = SyncMyRide\8L2T-14D546-AF.cab
Item2 = E1BT-14D546-CA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-CA.cab
Item3 = E1BT-14D546-GA
Open3 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-GA.cab
Item4 = FJ5T-14D546-UA
Open4 = SyncMyRide\FJ5T-14D546-UA.pks
Item5 = E1BT-14D546-FB
Open5 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-FB.cab
Item6 = E1BT-14D546-BB
Open6 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-BB.cab
Item7 = E1BT-14D546-AA
Open7 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-AA.cab

Next, on a hunch, I edited the text in red below of the 'autoinstall.lst' file to match the files in the SyncMyRide folder.

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]
Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF
Open1 = SyncMyRide\8L2T-14D546-AF.CAB (changed to cab)
Item2 = E1BT-14D546-HC
Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-HC.cab (changed to 'HC' to 'CA' to match the Item2 file in the 'install.lst' file).

Then, I successfully completed the install. Wow! After all that, my system is now updated to only version 4.4 instead of 4.6. I guess we're still waiting for 4.6.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:12 PM
P-Bod
New User
A couple of threads I'm watching are reporting today that Ford has updated the download files and the update process now works.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:28 PM
malimal
New User
I have the same issue as ryoken31. I used the version checker and after updating the site and downloading the update it get "File not found". Before using version checker i think it was at least starting and then saying failed.

I tried re-downloading the files today as well. same issue.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:51 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by malimal
I have the same issue as ryoken31. I used the version checker and after updating the site and downloading the update it get "File not found". Before using version checker i think it was at least starting and then saying failed.

I tried re-downloading the files today as well. same issue.
Hi malimal,

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies and cache, or use a different browser to download the SYNC update? Let me know, and I can help!

Barb

Old 05-02-2016, 01:03 PM
malimal
New User
Yeah should i posted my troubleshooting so far...

I have done what you mentioned. Also different USB drives, different browsers and different computers.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:24 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by malimal
Yeah should i posted my troubleshooting so far...

I have done what you mentioned. Also different USB drives, different browsers and different computers.
No worries, malimal. Send me a PM with the VIN and I will take a closer look into this for you.

Barb

Old 05-02-2016, 03:28 PM
malimal
New User
No worries, malimal. Send me a PM with the VIN and I will take a closer look into this for you.

Barb
Actually I did the edit p-bod did and that seemed to work.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:36 AM
dh_meyer
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Barb

Barb,

Would it be possible to share the file edit technique (reported in this forum and others apparently) with the support team ? Sounds like a couple of typo's is causing the problem, so hopefully the OFFICIAL fix could be delivered quickly.

Quick Reply: Ford Sync wont update