Sponsored by: Moser

Ford Sync wont update

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 08:31 PM
dh_meyer
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dh_meyer
Well the first download was BEFORE running a Vehicle Health Report .... I did not think that was needed .......... but after running the report, I downloaded again, and this time I also received an

autoinstall.lst at the root level (report related ? user error ? not sure)

Guess I will try it again.
Failed again - Files not found

Any suggestions ? Try another flash drive ?

Has anyone successfully installed this ?

Old 04-02-2016, 08:57 PM
dh_meyer
Mountain Pass
I'm trying this, too, on my 2012 Lariat ........ for the first time.

My 'screen flow' seems to go a little differently than documented, but I eventually get to 'USB selected' ........... but after that, I get "No Media Files".

I've tried a couple times.

The USB drive is FAT32.

Its 3.75 GB.

At the 'root level' I have

install.lst
and
SyncMyRide folder, which contains 8 files: 7 are .cab and 1 is .sec

I cant "see" any other files. I dont know if this is a 'CRUZR' drive - how can I tell ? I dont see anything like 'CRUZR' under properties.

Please advise. Thanks.
Hmmm MEDIA files ? Or should I be getting to APPLICATION files ?

Maybe I'm not navigating to the proper screen ? Never used 'SEEK' button .... my bad ?

I should take a video of my screen flow - does not seem to match instructions.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:42 AM
dh_meyer
Mountain Pass
I tried again, same USB drive ........ here's a video showing my 'screen navigation' - it just seems like the navigation is not going as expected:

Suggestions ?

Old 04-05-2016, 07:29 AM
elite64a
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having the same issues as well although, mine is the touchscreen. I followed the directions to the letter I do not believe I am doing anything wrong. I called tech support and they are having many issues with the update and they told me they are working on it and it should be fixed by the end of the month.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:01 AM
dh_meyer
Mountain Pass
I've now tried this using another, fully-reformatted FAT32 flash drive, with files copied over - still 'files not found'. It seems like I get to the 'Install Applications' via: Media, System Settings, Advanced, Install Applications' - that clearly does not match the documented steps - should I be concerned ?

A chat with Ford, suggested a 'radio master reset' (Media, System Settings, Advanced, Master Reset). Which I performed and got a confirmation message. Yet since I did not lose my radio presets, I dont think it worked.
I then tried another install of the Sync update, which failed as before.

Based on a recent post, sounds like the Sync update from Ford has some issues, so I can wait, but I'm concerned that:

- my radio reset did not work
- my 'screen' navigation does not match documentation

Any thoughts ?

Old 04-05-2016, 09:12 AM
dh_meyer
Mountain Pass
Today's chat with Ford chat reported:

1) Radio master reset will not always cause radio presets to get lost (so hope the reset I performed actually worked)

2) The screen navigation steps provided by Ford assume you are at the latest version of Sync, so since I'm back level, mine are different

3) The next suggested idea from Ford is to download via IE rather than Firefox .... seems like a stretch to me, but will give it a try.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:31 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by cdmm151
I just did the latest up date and it screw my sync up. The hang-up button now redials the last person when I am ending a call. So I have to wait for the caller to hang up or push the end button on the touch screen. If the caller is on a land line It won't hang up at all unless I push the on on screen end button. Any Ideas as to fixing the buttons to work asthey are supposed to?
Hey cdmm151,

Have you tried a master reset since updating? Assuming that you have the basic SYNC system, here are the instructions: How to perform a master reset | SYNC | Official Ford Owner Site If not, which system do you have: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...c-version.html Let me know, and I'll provide the proper link.

Originally Posted by elite64a
I am having the same issues as well although, mine is the touchscreen. I followed the directions to the letter I do not believe I am doing anything wrong. I called tech support and they are having many issues with the update and they told me they are working on it and it should be fixed by the end of the month.
elite64a,

Are you having issues downloading or installing the update?

Today's chat with Ford chat reported:

1) Radio master reset will not always cause radio presets to get lost (so hope the reset I performed actually worked)

2) The screen navigation steps provided by Ford assume you are at the latest version of Sync, so since I'm back level, mine are different

3) The next suggested idea from Ford is to download via IE rather than Firefox .... seems like a stretch to me, but will give it a try.
dh_meyer,

When you try again using IE, please take note of the time you downloaded the update. If you still experience the same issue, send the VIN in a private message.

Shaay

Old 04-05-2016, 06:02 PM
dh_meyer
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam

dh_meyer,

When you try again using IE, please take note of the time you downloaded the update. If you still experience the same issue, send the VIN in a private message.

Shaay
Shaay,

I had the same problem after downloading the file sometime around 10:00 - 12:00 US central time on 4/5/2016. I will PM the VIN to you.

I'm attaching a screen shot of the flash drive contents.

Attached Images   
Old 04-06-2016, 04:43 PM
ryoken31
New User
I am having the same trouble installing the update on my new-to-me 2011 F150 with the basic sync.

I ran the version checker (https://owner.ford.com/tools/account....html#/prepare) to make sure there wasn't a problem with my USB drive and it ran fine in the truck. I uploaded the version results to the Ford website in case that changed anything about the software download but when I go to install the update I am still getting the "Files Not Found" message.

I've tried downloading the update with Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. Latest download was using Edge today at 5:11PM.

I tried the Master Reset just now and I still cannot install the update.

I don't mind waiting until the end of the Month for Ford to correct whatever issue they are having, I just thought I would throw my information into the mix as well.

If it helps anyone I am updating from Gen1 - V3.2 to SYNC v4.4.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:23 PM
elite64a
Senior User
[QUOTE=FordIVTteam;16183476]Hey elite64a,

I am having issues installing the update. I keep getting installation file not found; I can clearly see the autorun file and install file in the flash drive.

I have the 8" touch screen. As I have posted earlier I have called the syncmyride site multiple times nothing has worked. During my last call I was told there are some known issues with version 4.4 and they should be fixed by the end of the month. My question is if there are known issues with the 4.4 update why release it in the first place?

Old 04-07-2016, 07:12 AM
dh_meyer
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by ryoken31
I am having the same trouble installing the update on my new-to-me 2011 F150 with the basic sync.

Glad to see its not just me !

Old 04-07-2016, 07:16 AM
dh_meyer
Mountain Pass
[QUOTE=elite64a;16187281]

I am having issues installing the update. I keep getting installation file not found; I can clearly see the autorun file and install file in the flash drive.

I have the 8" touch screen. As I have posted earlier I have called the syncmyride site multiple times nothing has worked. During my last call I was told there are some known issues with version 4.4 and they should be fixed by the end of the month. My question is if there are known issues with the 4.4 update why release it in the first place?
When I first saw the post about people having problems with the install on a touch screen-based radio, I was not sure if there were problems with the touch screen version or with the 'basic radio version' or all versions, but it appears like both (maybe all ?) versions are affected.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:08 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by ryoken31

I ran the version checker (https://owner.ford.com/tools/account....html#/prepare) to make sure there wasn't a problem with my USB drive and it ran fine in the truck. I uploaded the version results to the Ford website in case that changed anything about the software download but when I go to install the update I am still getting the "Files Not Found" message.

I've tried downloading the update with Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. Latest download was using Edge today at 5:11PM.

I tried the Master Reset just now and I still cannot install the update.

I don't mind waiting until the end of the Month for Ford to correct whatever issue they are having, I just thought I would throw my information into the mix as well.

If it helps anyone I am updating from Gen1 - V3.2 to SYNC v4.4.
Hi ryoken31,

Please send your VIN in a PM. I'll get more information for you.

Hey elite64a,

Are you using an Apple or Windows computer?

[QUOTE=dh_meyer;16187856]
Originally Posted by elite64a

When I first saw the post about people having problems with the install on a touch screen-based radio, I was not sure if there were problems with the touch screen version or with the 'basic radio version' or all versions, but it appears like both (maybe all ?) versions are affected.
The known issue we have is with version 4.4 so far. Some users with Mac computers are having difficulties downloading the MyFord Touch update because of the way the computer is extracting the files.

Also, I received your PM. I'll respond shortly.

Shaay

Old 04-07-2016, 02:31 PM
cdmm151
Senior User
I did try a master reset with tech services helping. No change.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:11 PM
elite64a
Senior User

Are you using an Apple or Windows computer?

I initially tried a windows computer since sync was designed by Microsoft. During my first two attempts I used google chrome as a browser then IE. When that didn't work I tried an apple computer using Firefox as the browser then tried safari. None of these worked.

Quick Reply: Ford Sync wont update