1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Waldron Exhaust Any Good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 09:55 AM
hulleywoodworking
Tuned
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Waldron Exhaust Any Good?

I am getting ready to put together the exhaust system on my 51 F1. I have gone back to stock manifolds, as the headers installed by the PO don't clear the manual steering box, so the dual exhaust he installed will need additions and modifications to fit and work.

I have been researching dual exhaust systems and came across Waldron's Exhaust Waldron's Exhaust, car exhaust, truck exhaust, exhaust pipes, mufflers

I like the idea of a ready to install all stainless system that appears to be properly designed for this specific truck. It seems to me to be a lot easier than having the truck towed to a local shop for custom work/installation.

Anybody here have any experience with Waldron's? any suggestions?

Thanks.

John

Old 03-27-2016, 11:58 AM
Brian~50F3
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered a stock exhaust for my F3 a few weeks ago from Waldrons. Have not received yet but they advised me before I ordered it would be 4-6 weeks before shipment; currently says 6-8 on their website!

I looked around a bit and considered having it done locally as well, but liked the idea of a "direct fit" bolt on. Yet to be seen how great it fits... Also the price was comparable to a local shop and they have the correct muffler at Waldrons, also in SS.

Any review I found was positive, or had a positive outcome where it seemed the owner made it right. When I called to check them out the woman who answered the phone was knowledgeable and very nice. Seemed like a mom and pop kind of place.

I ordered the stock exhaust hangers from BobDrake.com, not Waldrons. Got those already

This has been my experience so far... Hope it helps

Old 04-15-2016, 10:51 PM
Brian~50F3
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wanted to post an update for anyone who may have the same question, and simply close out the thread.

I recieved the exhaust today, six weeks after I ordered it which is exactly what I was quoted. Came in a very large box well packed with no damage.

Here it is put together after unpacking, remember this is for an F3 (with 226) so it's a little longer than the F1 but should be exactly the same otherwise.

Install went very smoothly, and required no modification! I didn't even have to "convince" anything to fit, it just worked

I used original style clamps and followed the install locations from 51fred on this thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1173422-51-f1-stock-exhaust-
system.html#post13326288

Only have two concerns, one is the same 51Fred had in the linked thread; the rear of the muffler is very close to the frame due to the length of the bracket. And second, the rearend/bed bracket doesn't seem to be bent correctly, but that should be a simple fix.

Overall I would say Waldron did a great job! This is the stainless kit, and their "mild imposter" muffler which is pretty quiet at idle and a little aggressive with throttle but not bad at all.

This was my experience, your mileage may vary...

Old 04-16-2016, 02:58 PM
Cougar54
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was going to use Waldron for my exhaust because I live in Michigan and could take a short trip and pick it up to save shipping. I changed my mind and used Classic Exhausts out of Ohio. He did a great job and was cheaper than Waldron as well as faster. I got my exhaust in less than 2 weeks.

Classic Exhaust Inc.