1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

The Build of the White Beast (94 CCLB)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 09:22 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts
The major difference is its not a five year commitment at $500 a month!

Old 05-31-2016, 11:18 AM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Sounds like she's a keeper! And Glenn is right no long term payment agreement, quit if you want to.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:56 PM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
The major difference is its not a five year commitment at $500 a month!
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
Sounds like she's a keeper! And Glenn is right no long term payment agreement, quit if you want to.
No interest ether! it's nice being able to skip a month or 2 and use the money for other things like the ATV's and camping.

She's keeper for sure! found her and said I'm hanging onto this one!

Old 05-31-2016, 11:19 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Not only that your not a slave to the banks!!

Old 06-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Not only that your not a slave to the banks!!
Right! looks like my new toy is gonna be down a while, got a few damaged and missing parts on the carb and it's gonna be $200 for just those parts, while tearing it down to pull the carb I found a ton of mismatched hardware so a complete bolt kit is in order so I don't need 20 sockets to take just the plastic off! Still waiting on my debit card to come since I lost my wallet the day I bought the ATV so I can order the new IPR, ICP and CPS from Clay.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:12 AM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Put in the order from Clay for the IPR ICP and CPS so I can change them out for brand new ones since I have a feeling one or 2 of them are on there way out

Old 06-04-2016, 08:41 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

I don't go anywhere without spares, now you'll have some!

Old 06-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Jordanangel
Senior User
That was part of the plan! I'm also buying a spare SD fuel pump in case I need it.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:56 AM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Well I got another car to drive while the truck is down for "repairs" selling the other car while I still can get something out of it. and selling my 86 F250 and a bunch of stuff I got piled up in my storage unit to help pay for the injectors and hpop.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:16 AM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Figured it was time for an update. Replaced the CPS and ICP Thora runs a lot better but still not feeling like 100%, runs great til hot then feels like it lost some power, was gonna do the IPR but forgot to buy the 1 1/18 deep socket I need to get it out. If that doesn't fix the issue I'm thinking Hpop but before I do that I'm probably going to have a local powerstroke shop hook it up to there scanner and check everything out and make sure its not something else like map sensor or maybe even weak stock fuel pump.

Hopefully I can get time to work on the grey truck and buick so i can sell those and put the money into thora. new car might be getting new tires or atleast a good set of used as I don't feel like spending $350-$500 on a car I bought for $1k to save money to buy more parts for the truck and also have something to drive when the truck is down

BTW Happy 4th of July everybody!!!!

Old 07-14-2016, 03:27 AM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Update:

Replaced IPR with a trailer wrench since the socket wasn't hollowed out enough to get the IPR off. She Idled better once the air moved out a bit, Drove her hard to help bleed the air out and as the drive went on she got better and better to the point of thinking I overreacted and am glad I decided to change sensors first! pulls hills in 5th much better and seems like the turbo spools quicker and pulls hard in the top end now!

Looking around for a 6.0 intercooler and 7.3 pipes to put on. I know I keep saying this but I'm finally finishing putting together the parts list for the E-fuel conversion. hoping to have the E-fuel and finally put the gauges in before my next camping trip to Kamas around Aug. 5th.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:01 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Late to the party, as usual. Lol.

Just got caught up reading the thread here, nice truck!! Looks like you have already made a good dent in the mod department.

I'm hoping to follow a similar track here at some point, but I have been fighting EGT issues which we have come to figure out that the engine in my truck is just flat ole wore out. Just found a replacement engine which I'm hoping will solve the issues I've been having.

Be careful though, mods are incredibly addictive which is partly why I haven't jumped in head first yet. Lol.

You will get there, and when your done (some say that you are never truly done with mods) you will have a heck of a nice truck that will pull just about anything you want!

Be sure to let us know when you drop those sticks in.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:07 PM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Originally Posted by madMatador78
Late to the party, as usual. Lol.

Better late then never I always say!

Just got caught up reading the thread here, nice truck!! Looks like you have already made a good dent in the mod department.

Not as big of a dent as I was hoping but stuff happens lol.

I'm hoping to follow a similar track here at some point, but I have been fighting EGT issues which we have come to figure out that the engine in my truck is just flat ole wore out. Just found a replacement engine which I'm hoping will solve the issues I've been having.

I read threw that tread and started getting scared my truck was wore out but the blow by and over all running condition had me thinking its just needs some love.

Be careful though, mods are incredibly addictive which is partly why I haven't jumped in head first yet. Lol.

Oh I know! the goal for this truck is tow pig and some power added to help it do that. I'm gonna buy a project car eventually to help with the mods addiction haha something with a V8 and maybe blue oval

You will get there, and when your done (some say that you are never truly done with mods) you will have a heck of a nice truck that will pull just about anything you want!

I sure hope so! been reading Nik's, Glenns, Darin, Bills and a few others builds giving me inspiration and goals.

Be sure to let us know when you drop those sticks in.

Oh I will but gotta knock off some other things on the "mods" list to help support the sticks better be less of headache after I do them.
Read above

Old 07-14-2016, 07:24 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jordanangel
Read above
Nah with proper care these engine will last. I don't think mine was properly cared for at some point In its life. And I think the PO knew it. But when I bought it I knew nothing. That was 3 years ago. The amount I have learned hanging around here has been incredible.

I see you have a bull nose as well. I've always been a sucker for those. I've been busy rebuilding the motor for mine, that's been a journey all its own. Nothing fancy, just a stock 351w with a 2bbl. It will be my winter beater.

Anyway progress is still progress. Look forward to hearing what the mods will do for you.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:07 AM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Originally Posted by madMatador78
Nah with proper care these engine will last. I don't think mine was properly cared for at some point In its life. And I think the PO knew it. But when I bought it I knew nothing. That was 3 years ago. The amount I have learned hanging around here has been incredible.

Yeah mine was taken care of well til the 2nd owner got it and never changed the oil in the 3 years he had it. only drove it once each year but still scary. surprised seeing as he put like 2k into the truck only to not change the oil.....

I see you have a bull nose as well. I've always been a sucker for those. I've been busy rebuilding the motor for mine, that's been a journey all its own. Nothing fancy, just a stock 351w with a 2bbl. It will be my winter beater.

Love those old bull nose trucks. been on the fence if I'm gonna sell it or make it a clean old truck with some 35s and lift with maybe an engine build to a 408w or swap to a 460, shoot I've even thought of a built 7.3 powerstroke for it.

Anyway progress is still progress. Look forward to hearing what the mods will do for you.
Here's a peek at what I just got today

Name:  13669138_10206171389755339_2362864192577694813_n.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  103.1 KB

Quick Reply: The Build of the White Beast (94 CCLB)