1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

The Build of the White Beast (94 CCLB)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 03:11 AM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So after a lot of research and reading these are the plans for the engine and drivetrain

S366 or S369 turbo with T4 mount and bellowed up-pipes.
Rosewood Stage 1 injectors
T500 or adrenaline HPOP
6.0 Intercooler with SD 7.3 pipes
Smith's push rods, comp springs, and ARP headstuds for insurance
PHP Hydra with Wildmen and Gearhead tunes
DIY E-fuel (working on the parts list now)
South bend or Valair clutch
Rebuild and upgrade the ZF5-s42 to a s47

Somewhere down the road I would like to get another Engine and build it

Old 04-23-2016, 09:55 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
With the right tuning and that turbo listed I think your EGT's should be fine. And a little more wow factor when not towing. But there is nothing wrong with the stock ac 160 injector. Big difference from stock, easier to find if there is problems and safer for sure. Oh I forgot to say, that's a real nice looking truck!

Old 04-24-2016, 12:33 AM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
With the right tuning and that turbo listed I think your EGT's should be fine. And a little more wow factor when not towing. But there is nothing wrong with the stock ac 160 injector. Big difference from stock, easier to find if there is problems and safer for sure. Oh I forgot to say, that's a real nice looking truck!
After reading a lot of people going with 160's and the s366 and having great results I figured go with what's proven. I'm thinking of going with the s369sxe just for more room if I need as long as the spooling isn't really slow, and I'm thinking of putting a Gearhead stage 1 cam in the built engine down the road but haven't seen anyone run a cam unless they are pushing over 500HP, really wondering if it would help with power and if I'd notice a big difference at the power level I'm going with or not.

Thanks for compliment!

Old 04-24-2016, 04:31 PM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Well 7 out of 8 glow plugs came out easy and of course there is ALWAYS that 1 glow plug that just won't come out, time for a break and some reading on the forums to keep me from blowing up! we will see in an hour or so how it goes.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:48 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Let us know on the cam. They were building an engine a while back that was suppose to put out a lot of HP in Diesel Power and I never saw the end results. I know a lot of people have bought that cam but have not heard back to see how it worked. I like gearhead but would like to here more on this cam. With stock AC injectors I won't go to nuts on the turbo. I don't think you need to.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:18 PM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Ok guys I need some help and quick, I got 1 glow plug and is stuck shell and electrode. been working on it half the day to get the dang thing out but no luck, i've tried PB blaster turning it to work it wiggling it with needle nose pliers and vise grips, nothing! its in #6 if that helps with ideas, I would just go buy a slide hammer and try that, its just I'm stuck with all the places that sell one being closed til tomorrow morning and with this being my means to and from work I'd really like to get this done tonight if at all possible!

Thanks in advance!

Extra note: the plugs I've pulled so far have all been delphi brand.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:42 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Can you hook a drill to it to turn it more and just keep working it? If not leave it and reinstall it for now. You don't want to break it off for sure. Only use motorcraft on the reinstall if it were me.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:51 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
I've read threads on this before but don't know what to tell you. I know some have turned the motor over and it came shooting out like a bullet so be careful if you try that. You could put all the GP's back in and go to work if turning it over doesn't make it shoot out. If you try this put something over the head so your hood or something else doesn't get 'shot'. Good Luck!!

Old 04-24-2016, 11:23 PM
Jordanangel
Senior User
I forgot to mention I tried rolling over the engine with a sheet of plywood over it but nothing I'm really hoping to not having to pull the heads, I'd really like to get it out and finish it up. and I went with motorcraft for glow plugs, valve cover gaskets and under valve cover harness. I didn't want to do this again for a long time so I spent the nearly $400 to get the good stuff!

Edit: I gave up fighting it and just counted it as a blessing I got 7 out of 8 easy and it still has the shell stuck on it so I just tightened it down and am putting back together to deal with it after the trip this weekend

Old 04-26-2016, 01:17 AM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Thora got her first "cold start" before and after work and it's a TON better, she idles and runs smoother driving. Also noticed while i was doing the the GP's that 2 of my injectors had loose solenoids, so I tightened them down the best I could, and one of my injectors is completely different from the others. I don't remember ever reading the OBS having 1 injector that had a yellow top Still want to do injectors, hopefully next year after we find a house.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:29 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

One mitt be a rebuilt some one installed. Glad you got it running.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:26 AM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
One mitt be a rebuilt some one installed. Glad you got it running.
I'm leaning towards that about the injector. I'm glad too but still bummed I didn't get it out, I normally keep trying til I get it but with this being my DD til I get the car fixed it complicates things a bit

Old 05-03-2016, 01:33 AM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Trip was a success! Thora ran a like a top and actually had power with a trailer and cargo, granted it wasn't very heavy but last time I hooked up the trailer and had less cargo she was a dog to say the least. she also started out in the desert after siting 2 nights in the 40s never would start once it hit low 50s unless plugged in.

During the drive up I did notice my truck is a little bouncy over bumps, I'm looking into new shocks and maybe some steering stabilizers so it drives and rides better

picture from the trip

Old 05-03-2016, 10:07 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Nice to hear! Feels good doesn't it?

Old 05-04-2016, 01:07 AM
Jordanangel
Senior User
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Nice to hear! Feels good doesn't it?
Oh man after going threw 2 winters with poor glow plugs I'll never put that off again after knowing the feeling of having them working!

I got a little discouraged after the few times I had a load or trailer behind it if i made the right choice with the powerstroke over a (dare I say it) Cummins but after some much needed work and money I'm back to wanting this truck forever! So glad I stuck with a Ford

Quick Reply: The Build of the White Beast (94 CCLB)