Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Feb 2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 09:46 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by yankbs 66f100
Gotta work, not on the truck. Watch the first race of the season from Daytona Saturday night. Might get to the shop Sunday morning to get back to work on the beds body work for a few hours.
I hear ya. Picked up a welding job. Saturdays and sometimes Sundays now. Paid per weld, not hour.

Body work is fun

Originally Posted by hturner12
Work on the truck. Clean up shop and yard. Looks like paint and all other projects may go on hold. We found out we can move back to TX this summer compared to next summer. So all the extra money got to the downpayment fund

Sounds nice and chill. Hmmmm. Why the interest in going back?

Old 02-11-2016, 09:49 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan
I hear ya. Picked up a welding job. Saturdays and sometimes Sundays now. Paid per weld, not hour.

Body work is fun

Sounds nice and chill. Hmmmm. Why the interest in going back?
2 kids, 5 grandkids, 1 sister, 1 mother-in-law and 1 brother-in-law

Old 02-11-2016, 11:04 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
2 kids, 5 grandkids, 1 sister, 1 mother-in-law and 1 brother-in-law
Oh I got ya man. makes sense

Old 02-12-2016, 07:34 AM
axelgawn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey can one of you guys fab me a transmission mount? I'd pay ya of course. Just tell me what to measure.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:01 AM
axelgawn
Senior User
Work on the truck. Clean up shop and yard. Looks like paint and all other projects may go on hold. We found out we can move back to TX this summer compared to next summer. So all the extra money got to the downpayment fund
Where abouts in Texas? I love Austin myself.

Also: Were you the one that said you had a buddy that can rebuild trans and includes torque converters?

Old 02-12-2016, 03:51 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Taxes are back, so I ordered all new stuff to fix my hot tub. I burnt up the control panel by accident so that was a $369.00 mistake on my part. I also ordered a new 5 hp pump, a new blower motor, an ozone generator and 2 new control panels. It was messed up when we bought the house and I am getting tired of messing with it. I am going to replace everything and not have to worry about it again for a while.

I paid off some bills and ordered the stuff to fix the AC in the daughters mustang.

The mustang AC and the hot tub were the last 2 big things to get fixed around here, since I already fixed the riding mower and replaced the sealed bearing on the commute car.

Then it will just about be spring time and I can start on the landscaping and mowing grass!!! yea!!!

Old 02-13-2016, 03:45 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
After weeks of debating back and forth I have decided to buy me a new to me commute car. I love the Grand Am, I am the original owner and it is super dependable but I wanted a something a little bigger and a little more luxurious. So after a few dozen phone calls to really dumb people on Craigslist I made a deal last night and I go pick it up this afternoon.

It's not a truck, It's not a ford badged product. More to follow.... Anyone care to guess what I am buying?

Jumping on the soapbox now, Why do people that post stuff for sale on craigslist #1 Not answer the phone or call you back when you leave a message or #2 Not remove the posting when the item sells. If you can navigate past the scammers and not have to deal with really dumb people it is a great place to get deals on stuff. Ok rant is over

Old 02-13-2016, 06:01 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by ChiefM
Jumping on the soapbox now, Why do people that post stuff for sale on craigslist #1 Not answer the phone or call you back when you leave a message or #2 Not remove the posting when the item sells. If you can navigate past the scammers and not have to deal with really dumb people it is a great place to get deals on stuff. Ok rant is over
1. People are lazy, shiftless products of our public school system.

2. See 1.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:43 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by axelgawn
Where abouts in Texas? I love Austin myself.

Also: Were you the one that said you had a buddy that can rebuild trans and includes torque converters?
North Tx around Decatur. Yes I know someone that rebuilds transmissions. He does not rebuild TC. He gets them from TPU out of Atlanta

Old 02-13-2016, 06:48 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
After weeks of debating back and forth I have decided to buy me a new to me commute car. I love the Grand Am, I am the original owner and it is super dependable but I wanted a something a little bigger and a little more luxurious. So after a few dozen phone calls to really dumb people on Craigslist I made a deal last night and I go pick it up this afternoon.

It's not a truck, It's not a ford badged product. More to follow.... Anyone care to guess what I am buying?
You where thinking about it when we had dinner Monte Carlo SS

Old 02-13-2016, 06:00 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Only an hour till the Limited

Old 02-13-2016, 08:40 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
The Un-Limited looks like a Saturday night short track wreckfest at Dixie Speedwy.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:56 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by yankbs 66f100
The Un-Limited looks like a Saturday night short track wreckfest at Dixie Speedwy.
Rules changes

40 not 43 cars

Gwc revamped

Digtal dash

I guess cruise control will be next

Old 02-14-2016, 11:56 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by axelgawn
Hey can one of you guys fab me a transmission mount? I'd pay ya of course. Just tell me what to measure.
What year truck?

Old 02-14-2016, 11:58 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
So I picked up a second job. Most likely temporary, I just went in to help the owner out, might turn out to be a good side job, either way, he has tons of work anyway. I went in a welded. Paid by the product, not by hour, so I calculated it at about $22 an hour, for 6 hours. Aint bad. Owner wants to me to replace the door hinges and pins, and maybe door on his 2004 F750. CDL truck, Id need the fork lift to help. Then he has a 1940s Mack tow truck he wants me to do body work and fabricating on.

Quick Reply: Feb 2016