6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

DEF FLUID

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 08:38 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Like I said, Rodney, not a clue since he quoted my post on this thread - and I don't read nor have interest in every thread here

But with that said, I'll just let the thread go back to the subject

Dave, he quoted you because you said you hoped he'd never create a thread about having a huge repair bill costing thousands when in fact he did just that in creating his emergency thread... albeit about a different failure. I'm not trying to argue with you bud. Just explaining the link between your comment that Cappa quoted and another thread that he was referring to.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:24 AM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Dave, he quoted you because you said you hoped he'd never create a thread about having a huge repair bill costing thousands when in fact he did just that in creating his emergency thread... albeit about a different failure. I'm not trying to argue with you bud. Just explaining the link between your comment that Cappa quoted and another thread that he was referring to.

OK Rodney, the light just came on ..... too much to eat yesterday so the brain is a bit (very!!) sluggish
My apologies to both you and Cappa

Old 11-27-2015, 10:48 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by iwsmitty25
Here's a little pointer if ya wanna save money.
DEF fluid is basically ammonia.
So .... If you use one gallon of ammonia to 1-1/2 gallons of distilled water mix it's the same thing.
Never had any problems with def contamination 👍
It will save you money. Dollar tree for the ammonia and a grocery store usually sells distilled water around 88 cents a gallon which would cost around $2.70 as opposed to $9-$16 at the truck stops or farm stores
Wonder if there is another home brew replacement for PM22?

Old 11-27-2015, 12:35 PM
cappa
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah that is correct karl, I just saw the post. That is why I quoted as there already was a repair situation that may or may not be related to shady maintenance after reading a tip like this from the op.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:51 PM
429SCJ
Senior User
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Wonder if there is another home brew replacement for PM22?
Not a home brew,but they brew it for Ford.

STA-BIL® is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wharrell View Post
Stabil:

Do you sell your product to Ford which sells it as PM22A Cetane Boost?

The reason I ask is that I saw your product recently in a Tractor Supply and it was in the same identical bottle as the Ford PM22A, just with the Gold Eagle Label.

I have a case of Ford PM22a in my garage, perhaps I can find a manufacturer's SKU code on it.

Thanks
Yes we (Gold Eagle Co) do package that product for Ford in addition to some other additives we package for other OEMs. We work closely with these OEMs to help solve problems caused by today's fuels whether it's gasoline or diesel.

Please let us know if there are any other questions.

Happy Friday!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Shepardsonp
Tuned
QUESTION: I have a 2011 6.7. Yesterday, I filled my DEF Tank at a truck stop (pump not a job) and no matter how i put the DEF Pump nozel in the tank (yes the blue cap) it wouldn't pump. I had to "baby" the fluid into the tank. I did this for a few minutes and got pissed. Walked into the Truck Stop and asked what is going on. The sent a guy out with a special adaptor and it went in flawlessly. The guy wouldn't sell me the adaptor and i haven't found one one line. He said that with these "older" trucks we have this problem. The adaptor fit over the pump nozel and disspensed 6 gallons in very short order. This is the first time i have ever had this problem. Anyone else experience this?

Old 12-28-2015, 08:48 PM
System
Prolocutor
Yep, EVERY truck stop that I've tried the pump, I've had the exact same experience. Either no pump or it would all splash out and down the side of the truck to the ground. I gave up. If you find said adapter, please post on it...

Old 12-28-2015, 08:58 PM
lanedecamp
Junior User
Originally Posted by Shepardsonp
QUESTION: I have a 2011 6.7. Yesterday, I filled my DEF Tank at a truck stop (pump not a job) and no matter how i put the DEF Pump nozel in the tank (yes the blue cap) it wouldn't pump. I had to "baby" the fluid into the tank. I did this for a few minutes and got pissed. Walked into the Truck Stop and asked what is going on. The sent a guy out with a special adaptor and it went in flawlessly. The guy wouldn't sell me the adaptor and i haven't found one one line. He said that with these "older" trucks we have this problem. The adaptor fit over the pump nozel and disspensed 6 gallons in very short order. This is the first time i have ever had this problem. Anyone else experience this?
Not all truck stops but almost all pickups will have the same problem at certain stops. I'm told it's a rate limiter used because a pickup gas tank can't fill fast enough and will spit it back if the pump volume is set for large rig tanks. Its not allowed to be sold in the open market by federal regulation.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:59 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
I don't know how to post links, but quite a while back there was a guy on here that sold a product on Ebay. called Magavator by 5 Star.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:05 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Yes it was DEF Magnevator 13.50 on ebay
From Kent WA. He has been on here before I believe.
Has an explanation of how it works too.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:05 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,447 Likes on 893 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
I don't know how to post links, but quite a while back there was a guy on here that sold a product on Ebay. called Magavator by 5 Star.

If it's not API and ISO certified I wouldn't touch it....

Old 12-28-2015, 09:07 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Troy, I don't know about that either. I'm not endorsing or selling.
merely passing on info some one asked nicely for.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:17 PM
System
Prolocutor
Excellent post Tim! Just Googled it and it seems to be the perfect solution. As to it being certified, that's a bit ftarded but let's let that go.

http://www.fivestardef.com/def-magne...turnUrl=LwA%3D

Old 12-28-2015, 09:28 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Hi Rodney, I remembered that well, because I thought I might need one too.
Decided to try the pumps I frequent before buying one cause a had a jug and ford hose the dealer gave me.
Only ran into one pump that needed it. That station closed and was remodeled with a newer pump. I pretty well know when I will be needing to fill and still have my original jug that I refill and have on hand.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:31 PM
System
Prolocutor
I had no idea it was magnetically activated. Stupid me tried every pump from FL to MA and either got nothing or a bath. I appreciate the tip. Ordering now....

Quick Reply: DEF FLUID