Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

October Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 05:44 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I got the motorhome all set up at the camp ground now. I miss being home at night but I sure don't miss the commute. I went to the doctor for my knee pain yesterday, he said there is nothing in your electronic medical records. I told him I had been in the National Guard the last 20 years, SO I have had the full gamut of blood and urine test's, x-rays and an EKG. I am still waiting on the appointment date for the MRI on the knees and shoulder. Getting everything that hurts looked at before I retire.

I can't say I miss the love bugs and gnats. The gnats were so bad sometimes where we lived in South Georgia I had to buy one of those gnat hats if I wanted to do anything outside.

I might drive the truck down next week and go to the self help auto craftshop and change the engine oil and balance the tires. Doing it there saves a ton of money as you do it yourself.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:11 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefM
I got the motorhome all set up at the camp ground now. I miss being home at night but I sure don't miss the commute. I went to the doctor for my knee pain yesterday, he said there is nothing in your electronic medical records. I told him I had been in the National Guard the last 20 years, SO I have had the full gamut of blood and urine test's, x-rays and an EKG. I am still waiting on the appointment date for the MRI on the knees and shoulder. Getting everything that hurts looked at before I retire.

I can't say I miss the love bugs and gnats. The gnats were so bad sometimes where we lived in South Georgia I had to buy one of those gnat hats if I wanted to do anything outside.

I might drive the truck down next week and go to the self help auto craftshop and change the engine oil and balance the tires. Doing it there saves a ton of money as you do it yourself.
Do you have paper copies of your medical records? I agree the auto hobby shop can save you a ton. I know at Robins AFB you had to take "safety class " before you could use it

Old 10-20-2015, 07:33 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I hand carried my med records with me and they had no desire to even look at them, they wanted to start new. I will keep the records safe until they ask for them.

I checked the website and saw no safety class but I am going to run by there and make sure that there is no safety class needed before I show up to do some stuff. Great thing it is just down the street from where I work. I have to find out and fix the problem with the AC in my daughters mustang.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:36 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
I hand carried my med records with me and they had no desire to even look at them, they wanted to start new. I will keep the records safe until they ask for them.

I checked the website and saw no safety class but I am going to run by there and make sure that there is no safety class needed before I show up to do some stuff. Great thing it is just down the street from where I work. I have to find out and fix the problem with the AC in my daughters mustang.
I was on AD for 15 years never lost my medical records. Went Reserve and they lost them.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:55 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Got the truck started today. I have a video of the turbo if I can figure out how to load it. Have not put it back on the road for a good test . The led bulbs for the tail lights will not be here till Friday. I put the new cowl seal on today. Tomorrow I start cleaning and polishing the aluminium, and chrome

Old 10-21-2015, 08:10 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Old 10-22-2015, 08:03 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Thats awesome!!
I am going to install the chrome grille I have for the 79 F100 this weekend. Hopefully the riding mower will be done getting repaired and I can knock a few things out. I also want to clean the engine compartment on the lightining too. I have to work extra hard on Saturday since they race in Talladega is this weekend!!!

Old 10-22-2015, 09:34 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Thats awesome!!
I am going to install the chrome grille I have for the 79 F100 this weekend. Hopefully the riding mower will be done getting repaired and I can knock a few things out. I also want to clean the engine compartment on the lightining too. I have to work extra hard on Saturday since they race in Talladega is this weekend!!!
You going or watch it on tv

I still got some tuning to do to it and thank you. I am going to start polishing the running boards and tailgate insert today

Old 10-22-2015, 04:30 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
On TV this year, maybe in person next year. I've given up on making plans so far out since they seem to change so much.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:39 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
On TV this year, maybe in person next year. I've given up on making plans so far out since they seem to change so much.
So much cheaper. After we get the travel trailer we going to some. It seams like Atlanta is one of the more expensive

Old 10-22-2015, 05:34 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Mudflaps reinforced with aluminum strips. Started polishing with Gord's polish.

Gords Aluminum Wheel Polish Chrome, Cleaner, Polish & Sealer

Before polish

Lt side polished rt not

Bumper and insert done. Mudflaps with the aluminum strips

Old 10-22-2015, 05:47 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
It's looking real good, I was planning on washing and waxing the commute car today but I forgot the wax and stuff so I will get around to it sometime next week. I just hope the mild weather holds out for a little while longer.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:04 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Yehaw it's friday!!!
Looks like a nice weekend before the temps drop again and the rain chance's go up again. I hope the lawnmower repair guy calls today and says my mower is done and ready for pickup.

I am also going to put the chrome grille in the 79 this weekend. I am going to call the autocraft center today and see if they have carb soak stuff. If they do I will pull the carb and take it with me next week and see about rebuilding it. I would really like to at least get it running again. Going to clean the engine compartment on the Lightning too, that way I can get to polishing the chrome and getting it nice and tidy and cleaned up.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:17 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Yehaw it's friday!!!
Looks like a nice weekend before the temps drop again and the rain chance's go up again. I hope the lawnmower repair guy calls today and says my mower is done and ready for pickup.

I am also going to put the chrome grille in the 79 this weekend. I am going to call the autocraft center today and see if they have carb soak stuff. If they do I will pull the carb and take it with me next week and see about rebuilding it. I would really like to at least get it running again. Going to clean the engine compartment on the Lightning too, that way I can get to polishing the chrome and getting it nice and tidy and cleaned up.
Sounds like you are going to be busy. Today I going to finish my polishing, bulbs for tail lights will be in tomorrow. I should be able to drive it after they get here.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:16 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Swap meet and cruise in this weekend in Carolton!!

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: October Chat Thread