2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

PUTC: 2017 Super Duty Details

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 06:19 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
It will still sell like crazy.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:32 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,199 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by 92F350CC
It will still sell like crazy.
Even though houseofdiesel doesn't like it? No way...

Old 09-25-2015, 07:37 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Even though houseofdiesel doesn't like it? No way...
I think they might just pull it off.

Seriously, I don't think Ford was shooting from the hip when they did their research on this. Trucks keep them in business(I love my fusion too, though).

I for one look forward to seeing this truck EVERYWHERE.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:46 PM
CuNmUdF250
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No V10.......we'll I'm out

Old 09-25-2015, 07:50 PM
George C
Cargo Master
Received 504 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by houseofdiesel
That it's I'm done as I'm sure many many Superduty owners will be. Don't tell us for 10 years that you won't produce a diesel F150 because you think it will hurt Superduty sales and then put an F150 cab on a Superduty frame and try and milk the saving from the Superduty owners. No market share is strong enough to bare the stupidity of the pencil pushers you allowed to make this decision. If you guys are planning for the impending market crash, well done because you won't have to wait. Your sales numbers are going to tank! I noticed the current models are all back listed from $50K-70k online. At least you'll be able to get top dollar out of the last of your 1st Gen 6.7 Superduties, cause your going to be eating Ram's shorts when people laugh you off for trying to sell the Superduties with F150 interiors. You better start planning for your next remodel year to be 2018! Kiss owning 60% of the HD market goodbye!

PS: Can you keep repeating the word NEW if it the exact same cab that is on the F150? Maybe it was well received because of how cheap the old F150 model was. It won't be well received by the people that enjoyed what they were getting for the extra $20-30K!
That's some funny **** right there.
I would do the concussion protocol if I were you...

Old 09-25-2015, 08:01 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
I have a 2012 F150 and a 2015 F250. The F150 cab has more room than my F250. Plus rear seat access in the F150 is much better. The cab sharing give the F250 a much better cab.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:05 PM
22rimfire
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Going to an aluminum body it makes perfect sense to use the same cab.

Slightly narrower, and longer cab with a flatter rear floor, I don't think many are going to notice much size difference.

If the style split hadn't happened in '99 we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Ford enjoys an absolutely huge base of brand loyal customers. That isn't going to change. They will sell. They will maintain their market share.

The F150 is the best selling vehicle in America, and you think making the SuperDuty more like it is going to hurt sales? Think again. That may be precisely why they did it.

Yes the V10 will be missed by those who had one, BUT; the 6.2 with that trans and 4:30 gears equals it, and gets better mileage, albeit at a higher RPM. Many owners who don't want diesel are towing fairly heavy with it and are happy.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:26 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,449 Likes on 894 Posts
Sounds like the Ram guy that claims getting over 20mpg. lol Flash ain't got nothing to do with it. The DPF's plugging up and Ford refusing to replace them has everything to do with it.

Problem was I left all of that garbage on too long. I'll never make that mistake again. Hopefully I'll still get good life out of, but at least I've already started building the replacement. I love that it is way more dependable than any International that I've had, put the reverse engineering is unicorns and leprechauns! It all has cut diesel efficiency by 25-50%. These truck with 3.31 gears should be able to return 25 mpg all day with the amount of torque they are making and 6 speed transmissions. I have a 1986 Ranger Diesel that gets 39 mpg and my '06 MegaCab gets 22-25 all day doing 80 mph on 37"s. The Italian EcoDiesel even returns 30 mpg. Diehard that refuse to criticize at all are funny. I'm a Ford guy through and through the only reason I own the one Dodge is because it was the 1st MegaCab ever made and it was my buddy's that passed away and I plan on giving it to his son. Only reason my '74 crew is getting a Cummins is because it's next to impossible to run one of these sweet 6.7 Powerstrokes in there. A stand alone would be awesome.
Ok forget the flash buddy. I can tell your the expert.

And yes I'm one of those Ram guys....errrrr Ford guy that his truck makes respectable fuel economy. This trip was to the deer camp driving down I10 at ~70-75mph with some time driving around the property.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Rambo 3
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
-The aluminum resists dents better than steel.
-The cab is reportedly slightly wider than the F150
-They haven't released details about the engine, so you can't say it doesn't have a 9th injector
-The aluminum resists dents better than steel

The V10 is only in the cab & chassis trucks, just like '11-'16
Exactly. V10 Engine = Chassis Cab. Same as before.

No 5.4.....Well I'm out. /s

Old 09-25-2015, 09:41 PM
Pwrgeek
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PUTC: 2017 Super Duty Details

-The aluminum resists dents better than steel.
Not true. Aluminum has a lower yield strength than steel so the same impact will deform aluminum more than the same piece of steel. The yield strength of 6061 aluminum is only 56000 psi where as good steel is at least 65000 psi. Also the fatigue strength of aluminum is only 14000 psi where for steel it is 30000. What does this mean. Two things. First it will take a smaller impact to deform the aluminum than it would the steel and second he aluminum will be more prone to long term vibratory breakage than steel has been. Couple that with the fact that aluminum had very little tolerance for being deformed (you can't take dents out of it) and I see these trucks as being a pain to own in a real working roll where they are likely to accumulate damage over time.

-The cab is reportedly slightly wider than the F150
the OP article and others I have read said identical.

-They haven't released details about the engine, so you can't say it doesn't have a 9th injector
There have been several quotes that say the power train is staying the same as the 2016. This makes sense with as much as they did to the body you wouldn't want to monkey with the mechanicals and cause yourself even more issues. I'm sure they will have plenty of things to work through on the truck without that.

-The aluminum resists dents better than steel
Not true. See above.

V10 is only in the cab & chassis trucks, just like '11-'16
I think this is true from what I've read though I'm a diesel guy so I don't much care either way.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:58 PM
Rambo 3
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"than the same piece of steel."

It is not the same. The aluminum used is a thicker and it is heat treated so it is more dent resistant than the steel. The people on f150forum that have dealt with it have been told by the PDR guys that fixing aluminum dents is literally no different than fixing steel. At the end of the day you should have less dents than on the steel.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:32 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That it's I'm done as I'm sure many many Superduty owners will be. Don't tell us for 10 years that you won't produce a diesel F150 because you think it will hurt Superduty sales and then put an F150 cab on a Superduty frame and try and milk the saving from the Superduty owners. No market share is strong enough to bare the stupidity of the pencil pushers you allowed to make this decision. If you guys are planning for the impending market crash, well done because you won't have to wait. Your sales numbers are going to tank! I noticed the current models are all back listed from $50K-70k online. At least you'll be able to get top dollar out of the last of your 1st Gen 6.7 Superduties, cause your going to be eating Ram's shorts when people laugh you off for trying to sell the Superduties with F150 interiors. You better start planning for your next remodel year to be 2018! Kiss owning 60% of the HD market goodbye!

PS: Can you keep repeating the word NEW if it the exact same cab that is on the F150? Maybe it was well received because of how cheap the old F150 model was. It won't be well received by the people that enjoyed what they were getting for the extra $20-30K!

Old 09-25-2015, 11:36 PM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 22rimfire
Going to an aluminum body it makes perfect sense to use the same cab.

Slightly narrower, and longer cab with a flatter rear floor, I don't think many are going to notice much size difference.

If the style split hadn't happened in '99 we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Ford enjoys an absolutely huge base of brand loyal customers. That isn't going to change. They will sell. They will maintain their market share.

The F150 is the best selling vehicle in America, and you think making the SuperDuty more like it is going to hurt sales? Think again. That may be precisely why they did it.

Yes the V10 will be missed by those who had one, BUT; the 6.2 with that trans and 4:30 gears equals it, and gets better mileage, albeit at a higher RPM. Many owners who don't want diesel are towing fairly heavy with it and are happy.

Actually F150 market sales have been tanking and Superduty with 40% of HD and 60% of Chassis Cab markets have been saving their a**. How did all those brand loyalists work out with the 6.0's and 6.4's? It didn't. F150 has not been the best selling truck since Ford started letting Toyota take market share. Now entering the EcoDiesel and Nissan XD they will loose more sales. Brand loyalists might be all they end up with.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:42 PM
houseofdiesel
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Troy Buenger
Ok forget the flash buddy. I can tell your the expert.

And yes I'm one of those Ram guys....errrrr Ford guy that his truck makes respectable fuel economy. This trip was to the deer camp driving down I10 at ~70-75mph with some time driving around the property.
Rams say the same crap unless you hard calculate. Reflash so it appears your getting that good of MPG's lol. I love how this is the same group of guys that have been saying the spy photo posted for the past several months was a hoax. Enjoy your ricer truck if you can even afford one.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:14 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I hope this is true. That way there are so many sitting on the dealer lots that they'll practically give them to me. Heck I might be able to get two for the price of one! Make 'em both F350 Platinum CC SB in Black and don't skimp on the tech package.

Quick Reply: PUTC: 2017 Super Duty Details