Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crew Cab OBS - New Window Switch Bezels - Ready for Order!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 03:37 PM
MR KROGOTH
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lcgeek
Pics would be awesome, but first things first and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and yours!

The two holes my fingers are pointing to are normally where the plastic welds/rivets fail. They are hollow and just wide enough to accept a normal flanged/washer trim screw and a larger washer (like the bigger one on the left). You will have to pull back or cut off the insulation/padding from the inside of the doors to see these upper two holes.
The second picture shows how deep the trim screws can thread into those studs to get a good bite.

The white stuff over by the big washer was the plastic repair, that particular spot was weak due to PO negligence, had been cracked and barely holding on by a thread.
Two part epoxy mixed with fiberglass flox, adhering to plastic roughed up with some 80 grit and wiped down with some BullDog/Adhesion Promoter will do wonders.

Originally Posted by Bc1013cb
I for sure want one

Originally Posted by craftsmangary
Both my front door panels also needed some support in the switch area. I made some "L" brackets out of 16ga metal, glued them to the panels, then screwed it to the door, that way the panel is still easily removable. Sorry no pictures, I did it quite a few years ago and they are still rock solid.

If they bezels make the target price of $65-70, you can count me in.
Cool.
Considering dropping the price for these earlier versions and stepping it up as better ones come out.

Originally Posted by rolsmojave3
I'm also interested in what a final product will look like.
The way it comes from the printer is in post #46. That is how it will look when you order it.

Here is mine after I primed and blocked it and had our painter shoot some standox black and standocryl clear on it.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Brandi K Miles
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crew Cab OBS F350

Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH
Is there an interest in getting new ones for our old OBS trucks?

I havent been able to find a supply. LKQ/JY rarely gets crew cab trucks (1! in the last 3 months, and the bezel was hydro-graphiced with camo. Gross.) so getting used, unbroken bezels before someone else snatches them up is a game of roulette I'd rather not play.

Decided to go ahead and draw/model some up in 3D off two half decent bezels and a caliper. Guess that's why i'm up at 1AM making parts for two trucks I dont own

Below two images are Rev. 1.1 - Outdated as of 8/1/15

Looking at getting them printed off for now.
So, any interest in these? Would be willing to open up the page for people to buy the bezels. And what would you guys be willing to pay for a well designed one? Trying to keep the price down, Paying 150-200$ for a piece of plastic is quite honestly, probably verging on lunacy.

Below images are current revisions of bezels as of 8/8/15

Mr Krogoth, my name is Josh and I'm very interested in the switch bezels. I actually have an account but for some reason my confirmation will not work so I've emailed the administrator. I also emailed you on power stroke nation. My username is jm96cobra. (I had my wife set up an account so I could message you) If you could contact me I would love to purchase a set of these. My number is 803-518-4876. If you'll shoot me a text or give me a call I'd love to speak to you about the bezels. Thank you very much. -Josh-

Old 11-16-2015, 04:07 PM
Brandi K Miles
New User
Surprised there is no further interest in these?
I'll move onto the tailgate inserts soon.
I'm interested in the bezels. Please tell me how to contact you to discuss. My #803-518-4876

Old 11-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Brandi K Miles
New User
Originally Posted by Bc1013cb
I for sure want one
Me too! Tell me how to get them.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:51 PM
jm96cobra
New User
Ok, Finally got my account set up correctly. Brandi K Miles is my wife and I know she's glad too. Mr KROGOTH, I would love to get a set of these switch bezels for the OBS Crew cab. I sent you my number in my wife's previous reply.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:21 PM
MR KROGOTH
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Brandi K Miles
I'm interested in the bezels. Please tell me how to contact you to discuss. My snip
Originally Posted by jm96cobra
Ok, Finally got my account set up correctly. Brandi K Miles is my wife and I know she's glad too. Mr KROGOTH, I would love to get a set of these switch bezels for the OBS Crew cab. I sent you my number in my wife's previous reply.
Well it isnt necessarily a set but just the driver door piece.
Please realize If I open these up for purchase that they come unfinished from the printing service (Shapeways)
I waited about 3 weeks to receive my bezel.

Please remove the phone number, lol that's just a bad omen waiting to happen man.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:40 PM
Herk100070
New User
I sent you a private message I need a switch cover

Old 12-29-2015, 06:55 AM
'75HB250
Tuned
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Nothing Special
I'm no expert on 3D printing, but I think that 3D printing metals is sort of like MIM (Metal Injection Molding). In MIM they mix metal powder with plastic and mold the part like a conventional plastic part. Then they put the part through a HOT furnace (something like 2000F for iron) to burn off all of the plastic and sinter the metal particles so they attach to each other and form a "solid" part (actually slightly porous since there will be a little space between particles).
I used to work at a place that was piloting a lot of additive manufacturing technology; we could do Inconel and Titanium parts, in addition to numerous types of plastic. Inconel was done by a DLMS process (direct laser metal sintering). A layer of metal powder is deposited in the correct pattern and then sintered. Then another layer, etc. Titanium was a little different, for that we used an EBM (electron beam melting) procedure.

There is ALOT of finish work required on metal parts. Plus, a lot of thought has to go into part orientation, support structure, etc. Post manufacturing machine work is extensive to get an acceptable surface finish, and remove support structure.

Regarding the bezel designs; if these are cracking around the screw holes/ bosses, it would be advantageous to add a radius to those areas to eliminate the stress concentration.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:46 PM
MR KROGOTH
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Herk100070
Getting the selling these figured out.

Old 12-31-2015, 08:59 PM
MR KROGOTH
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
I am all for these but no on here will spend that money, THEY are too cheap.

I would spend that kind of money though.

Just read this thread and you will see what i am talking about
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...tch-bezel.html
Originally Posted by craftsmangary
I'm interested in a bezel for my truck, let me know when they are ready.
Originally Posted by GuitarJesus
Any follow up?
Originally Posted by GuitarJesus
I'm definitely interested. Do we have a finalized price per piece?
Mr Krogoth, my name is Josh and I'm very interested in the switch bezels. I actually have an account but for some reason my confirmation will not work so I've emailed the administrator. I also emailed you on power stroke nation. My username is jm96cobra. (I had my wife set up an account so I could message you) If you could contact me I would love to purchase a set of these. My number is 803-518-4876. If you'll shoot me a text or give me a call I'd love to speak to you about the bezels. Thank you very much. -Josh-
Originally Posted by jm96cobra
Originally Posted by Herk100070
Getting the selling these figured out.

All set up and ready to go gentlemen!
Remember, everything is in BETA right now.

the white/black plastic ones go between 50.00 to 57.50$ + shipping, and the metallic plastic are about 85.00$ + shipping. It takes a couple weeks to get the product but the company we will be dealing with is mega awesome! Shoot me a PM for details. Kept prices fairly low, I want to see what people think! Thank you all for the patience, I eagerly await the feedback!

Happy New Years!

Old 02-23-2016, 03:35 PM
matt80516
New User
F350 Window Bezel How do I order one?

ITS HERE!!!

The first prototype!

Simple power window/lock bezel.

How do I order one of the window bezels in black?

How do I order on of the Bezels in Black?

Thanks,

Old 02-24-2016, 08:16 AM
MR KROGOTH
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by matt80516
How do I order on of the Bezels in Black?

Thanks,

Power windows, locks, and mirrors?

Old 02-24-2016, 09:11 AM
matt80516
New User
Power windows and locks. feel free to call or text t 303-912-2766 Thanks, Matt

Old 02-24-2016, 02:05 PM
matt80516
New User
F350 Window Bezel

Power windows, locks, and mirrors?
Power windows and Locks, feel free to call or text me I can send a picture if that would help. 303-912-2766
Thanks,
Matt

Old 02-25-2016, 06:53 PM
MR KROGOTH
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by matt80516
Power windows and Locks, feel free to call or text me I can send a picture if that would help. 303-912-2766
Thanks,
Matt
PM'ed, thanks for the business!

Quick Reply: Crew Cab OBS - New Window Switch Bezels - Ready for Order!