Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help picking out new Wheels and Tires!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 06:32 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure about those ^^^^ But I think I would run away screaming!

I did find these, and I kind of like them. Here is how they would look on your Ex!

Old 07-03-2015, 06:44 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Or how about these? With the brand name being Lrg, they already have you name all over them

Old 07-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
David those would look good on your Ex, please keep in mind that although I have a black ex everything has a gleaming shine even my tires and wheel wells.
The Fuel site David linked to has a lot of good looking wheels Michael, even some that shine!

Full Blown - D554 - Fuel Off-Road Wheels

Stewart

Old 07-04-2015, 08:35 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Those do look good, I wish my fuel wheels didn't stick out as much as they do.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:08 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
If you buy from that "Custom Offset" site, they will work with you, answer your questions, to help ensure you have the stance you are looking for.

Shoot, they have a whole page just trying to explain how to measure for offset and how to get the look you want.

They also have this page to help make any calculations you may need for your choice of wheel size.

Lastly, there is this page which shows Ex's with their wheels, including the brand and offset information, this way you get to see what other's choices have resulted in.

Not trying to push you to buy from these guys, they just happen to have some nice/helpful tools.

As for the Fuel wheels, I really like the look of their quality, and I know you are already running their stuff, however, have you thought of working with a wheel shop and just having a full set of custom wheels (one of a kind design) milled just for you? It would cost a ton compared to going with a wheel line already being manufactured, but you would get what you would want!

Just a thought.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:49 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Been thinking the same thing, I'll start looking for local companies that can design and make a one of a kind to the specs I need.

Old 07-04-2015, 12:13 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
I liked 'em a lot! If they had an 18x10 I'd probably be saving my duckets for 'em. Unfortunately it's very difficult to find an 18x10 wheel in black. And if I do happen to find that rare beast, it's not usually a design I like.

18x9's can be had all day long, but an 18x10 is very difficult to find.

Stewart

Old 07-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't know why, but these appeal to me for your rig Michael. Something about your's is just menacing, probably the blacked out nature. I think these might look good on there, but I'm not sure. Sometimes things look good until you see them together.

Of course, since you have the budget to allow it... There's always Chip Foose custom one-off's. I haven't seen a wheel he's designed yet that I didn't like for its application. The man really knows how to match a wheel design to a vehicle.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:45 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
I don't know why, but these appeal to me for your rig Michael. Something about your's is just menacing, probably the blacked out nature. I think these might look good on there, but I'm not sure. Sometimes things look good until you see them together.

Of course, since you have the budget to allow it... There's always Chip Foose custom one-off's. I haven't seen a wheel he's designed yet that I didn't like for its application. The man really knows how to match a wheel design to a vehicle.
Those are very interesting wheels, but there is something about "A" symmetrical designs I just can't get past. Seems weird to me that on one side they are rotating/facing one way, and the other side they are doing the opposite...

As for Foose, I have a ton of respect for that guy's abilities, but I have never liked his wheels... I guess different strokes for different folks, as long as they are Power Strokes

If Michael goes with custom one offs, it will be interesting to see what he comes up with for a design. I designed a set once, oh to be able to make a dream a reality. Nothing like living vicariously through someone else.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
I here you on asymmetrical designs. On wheels it doesn't bother me quite as badly, but then again Mochael could just get two normal wheels then two customs to rotate the same way

The tires I had on my last wheeler were MTR Kevlar's and they were asymmetrical, looked somewhat weird and people were always asking why I mounted one side backwards

Foose's wheels I like on the Overhaulin' cars, I should have specified. Some of the other ones leave me scratching my head as to how the same guy can go such drastically opposite directions.

Maybe you should share your wheel design and see if it DOES become a reality...

Old 07-04-2015, 02:42 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
Maybe you should share your wheel design and see if it DOES become a reality...
It was a pen and paper design a few years ago, I guess I could redraw it, but then again, maybe I will just stand by to help Michael if he asks.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:41 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Thanks Matt those are just a touch wild for me but definitely a different look.

David, with that said I would be happy with something similar to mine, I have enough wheel to cover a bit of the brakes. I don't like a wheel with let's say 4 sticks from center out to the outer wheel lip. Hope I'm explaining that right.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:46 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
David, with that said I would be happy with something similar to mine, I have enough wheel to cover a bit of the brakes. I don't like a wheel with let's say 4 sticks from center out to the outer wheel lip. Hope I'm explaining that right.
I think I am following you. Do you like all the chrome nuts/bolts/rivet look? I see that is what you have now, just curious if you still like it?

I mean, is something like this too much, not enough, or just about right?

Old 07-04-2015, 03:58 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
I think I am following you. Do you like all the chrome nuts/bolts/rivet look? I see that is what you have now, just curious if you still like it?
Not too important, however if you closely look at my truck you will see hints of it everywhere... In the picture posted I was on vacation and truck was dirty. I always have the tail pipe polished to a mirror finish I have the diesel badges with a hint of chrome, front grill inserts, etc.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
On that note, why not call up Nutek or Forgiato? They build exactly what you tell them, I know for sure Nutek has a good variety of basic styles to start with, and you can set everything exactly how you'd like it. Might be the best way to ensure you have exactly what you want. More importantly (at least to me), you won't have something anybody else can see on yours, like, and then go out and buy for themselves.

Since the Fuel Cleaver was a bit extreme for you, there's a less "in your face" version from, God help me, Asanti.

Quick Reply: Help picking out new Wheels and Tires!