Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to get another letter

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 11:04 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HOAs are the devil incarnate! When looking to buy for our Seattle area move, "NO HOA" was one of my primary requirements with my realtor. We found what we wanted though, and it was worth it all, even passing on some beautiful homes. There is no way I will ever pay someone to tell me my lawn is too long.

Oh, and great looking paint job there!

Old 07-03-2015, 11:29 AM
Senior User
I just want to see the finished product. That looks awesome.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:29 PM
pgg00
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I remember an HOA in Napa that would issue notices if you had a vehicle that was over a few years old. They had an "image" to uphold.

If I lived there I would walk around outside in my underwear and throw beer cans at the board as they passed

Old 07-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by pgg00
If I lived there I would walk around outside in my underwear and throw beer cans at the board as they passed
Underwear? Fancy man, I wouldn't even give them the extra 5 seconds it took to put them on!

Old 07-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
so normally I see crappy Line-X jobs and they've always made me think the idea of a whole paint job in liner as being a bad idea

your truck looks pretty damn awesome. makes me rethink the idea

Old 07-03-2015, 05:42 PM
KY60
Senior User
Saw these on my local craigslist f-250 running boards 4 door I could look at them if you are interested? Or you are welcome to the black ones I took off my Ex a couple of weeks ago? The stock Ex ones weighed about twice as much as the tube style, and the wife and kids prefer the new tube ones as well. We are going to be visiting friends near Asheville at the end of the month, so I can strap something to the roof of the Odyssey if you are interested. Oh yeah the truck looks Awesome, can't wait to see the finished product.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:06 PM
kschroeder.DVM
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So did you spray the Monstaliner? I have used it but I rolled it on as per their directions. I was happy with the product but unhappy with the lack of thickness in the end. What gun did you use and how much did it take to do the whole truck? I would really like do do mine in dark brown like the KR brown or the new gmc brown. With all black accessories. I think that would be sick.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:20 PM
2wdDezlX
Elder User
at least you can still shoot some hoops while you wait for it to dry!

Old 07-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Pele
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wait... The HOA is complaining about a fully road legal vehicle?

Is this in writing somewhere where the vehicle has to be in perfect shape?

I say find all shiny new body panels at the scrap yard... Each one a different color.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 2wdDezlX
at least you can still shoot some hoops while you wait for it to dry!

Old 07-04-2015, 01:31 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
We got an HOA letter because the garage was open for two days during a neighborhood yard sale, and it kept causing traffic because everyone could see the Chevelle and wanted to talk about it.

The Monstaliner looks awesome, I've been debating a paint job but I don't have the funds for it. My only problem is the last time I bedlined a vehicle, I regretted it in the summers here. Once the liner heated up it turned the interior into an oven.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:00 PM
obiwan kenobi
Mountain Pass
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Drunken_Unicorn
What part of Idaho?
Treasure Valley area

Old 07-04-2015, 08:19 PM
NCTunanut
Senior User
Originally Posted by KY60
Saw these on my local craigslist f-250 running boards 4 door I could look at them if you are interested? Or you are welcome to the black ones I took off my Ex a couple of weeks ago? The stock Ex ones weighed about twice as much as the tube style, and the wife and kids prefer the new tube ones as well. We are going to be visiting friends near Asheville at the end of the month, so I can strap something to the roof of the Odyssey if you are interested. Oh yeah the truck looks Awesome, can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm going to play with what I have for now.

I sprayed 2 coats of their epoxy primer and 3 coats of the monstaliner, 1st one @ 50psi second one @ 60 and the third one @ 70psi. I also sprayed from further away on each coat. That really helped even everything out. Used a regular HPLV gun for the primer and a 3M Schutz gun for the Monstaliner. It really does look better than I'd hoped. Still toying with the desert sand for trim and black on all the chrome. I'll probably do some test pieces and see what I like better. I kinda wanted to keep a similar look to the original colors. I'll post up some pics when I get them done. A little extra work is needed for making this stuff stick to plastic and chrome.

Krazee Matt, I can already tell it conducts heat as it's cool to the touch in the sun and inside the truck is very warm. It's going to have to stay under a cover or carport for sure. But I think I'm going to like it.

And guys, if you use these materials please wear full protection and a respirator. It's pretty nasty stuff.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:03 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Since I did it to a Cherokee, I ended up pulling down the headliner and side panels and applying a ceramic based TBC. Made a substantial difference in heat as well as noise encroachment into the interior. IIRC, I used Lizard Skin and sprayed it on. Five coats on the roof, three on the doors and sides. The blockage is amplified by layers, I'd say when I was done it made the interior temps drop from nuclear down to a little hotter than pre-liner. Either way, it made it much nicer inside and the AC wasn't fighting a nearly hopeless battle after work and the Jeep baking in the sun for 9-10 hours.

Just something to consider, doesn't have to be the brand I used. In the past I've found ceramic-based thermal barriers to be much better at their designed task of rejecting and blocking heat.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:37 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
It amazes me that anyone would want to live in an area with a HOA.

I would end up in jail if some polo came up and started telling me what to do with my house, yard, etc.

The X looks great! that sure was a tall paint booth!

Quick Reply: Going to get another letter