N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

July 2015 All topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 10:24 PM
FI460
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great to hear you're getting into a place Jim. We'll keep an eye on things here if you have to miss a day or two .

Old 07-18-2015, 10:46 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
I am glad too. Finally able to live alone with no roommates. I can't believe how spoiled I got living in the mobile home. It should be interesting, since I have not lived in apartments with people above me and on both sides of me in a long time. The last time I lived in apartments (not counting this Vet Plaza) we lived in a single story four plex at the back of the complex where it was nice and quiet. The apartment complex I am moving into has 16 total units, 8 on each side with a small concrete common area between them. No pool, or play equipment, so I am guessing no kids. Only other building on the property sits in between the two buildings on the north side and is the laundry room. I am told it is a poor area, which makes sense since all the properties around there take section 8. Hopefully, that does not mean it is a high crime area. Time will tell.

Jim

Old 07-18-2015, 12:56 PM
FI460
Cargo Master
Fingers crossed it works out for ya.

I haven't had roommates in about 4 years now and it's been real nice. I'm looking at moving in September for school and 2 of my buddies are going to move in with me in the new place... We'll see how that goes.

Didn't you say you were required to have insurance for uship Jim?

Old 07-18-2015, 01:34 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Well, with them being friends, maybe it will work out for you. All my bad experiences with roommates were forced by circumstances. The only good experience was with a friend.

I don't think Uship itself requires insurance, but obviously you need insurance on your own vehicle. I never had insurance that covered the vehicle I was towing, which made it risky for me should something happen to it. That is the main reason I stopped. That and not having a buffer in my savings account in case of breakdowns. I checked into getting insurance but it was too expensive for the little amount of tows I got. I would lose money on every tow at only one or two a month.

Jim

Old 07-18-2015, 06:29 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
My understanding is that whatever you are towing it is covered, although I can`t speak for commercial or tow for hire.
Well that ticket came in the mail today for blocking the intersection in SF. $106 that I`m going to pay because I was in my sons truck and if I fought it he would have to be there. Not worth the trouble. BTW the meter maid dude just wrote down my lic plate and postal service took it to Casa Hanklin
Have a nice day dudes

Old 07-19-2015, 12:14 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I asked my insurance agent back at the time if what I towed was covered, and she told me no. Just the truck. Not even my trailer was covered, would have to get extra insurance for that. She is the one who said I would need commercial insurance. Never looked into it though as I remember Progressive being the only one I could find to carry it, but they wanted $2,600 for a six month policy. That however, was when I was thinking of buying that tow truck in Hayward, not the F350 towing a trailer.

Jim

Old 07-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Well, I got an email today telling me the self install kit has sipped and will be here (or actually at the new address) in 3-5 business days. So, there is a chance, I may not miss any days if it arrives on Wednesday. If it arrives on Thursday or Friday, I will just be off for a day or two. Once it arrives it is only a matter of minutes to get it installed as all the computers will be up and running just waiting for it to get here.

Jim

Old 07-19-2015, 11:52 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Greetings Nor Cal. Just stopping by to say hello. Jim thanks for your support of the Nevada Chapter.

Old 07-20-2015, 05:32 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

You're welcome.

Jim

Old 07-21-2015, 09:09 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Morning Jim & Crew.

Have a great day.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:17 AM
Maltman
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Morning fellers, still looking for a 3\4 ton work truck.... Went up to Windsor to look at one Sunday, ended up passing on it. A stop at Lagunitas brewery on the way back made the trip with it.

Anyone feel the earthquake this AM? I was up at 430, seems I missed it by a couple hours....

Have a great week!

Joe

Old 07-21-2015, 10:16 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Didn't feel any earthquake down here. I tossed and turned most the night, so sleep was not good. If the apartment passes the HUD inspection today, I doubt I will get much sleep tonight either as I will be too anxious to move tomorrow.

Jim

Old 07-21-2015, 07:30 PM
FI460
Cargo Master
What kind of truck are you looking for Joe? I might have one in the near future.

I've got the inspection on my new place on Thursday. I'm taking my own guy as the inspector that the realtor was able to find used to get in fights with my Grandpa at the race track .

Old 07-21-2015, 09:00 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Interesting day today. The HUD inspection was set for 3:45pm. I get there at 3:15pm, and the cleaning people get there at 3:30pm and start cleaning the place! I'm like, are you kidding? You had a month to get this place ready for inspection, and you come 15 minutes before the inspector is due?!?!?!

Naturally, it failed the inspection, but it would not have mattered if they came early or not, because it failed for an outdated water heater, and the electrical outlets in the kitchen did not work. There was also a problem with the overflow tube in the bathroom sink being plugged or something. It is still missing the blinds in the one bedroom which had been missing for a month!

Needless to say, I was a bit upset. However, the Fox Property management lady said they will get everything fixed by tomorrow, and I can still move in as planned at 10:30am after I sign the lease. The problem is if it does not pass the HUD inspection, HUD will not pay their part of the rent. She told me they will work with me on that, and not to worry. I told her I had already put in the change of address, and had Comcast, and PG&E starting services there too. So, hopefully, I can get HUD to come out relatively quick for a second inspection, so they can start paying their portion of the rent.

Jim

Old 07-21-2015, 11:49 PM
FI460
Cargo Master
Good old left hand and right hand not getting along there. At least it sounds like theyre TRYING to help you Jim.

Quick Reply: July 2015 All topic thread