2015 - 2020 F150 Discuss the 2015 - 2020 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Does the Ford F-150 Have Too Much Technology?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 05:15 AM
redford
Received 1,565 Likes on 913 Posts
Originally Posted by F150'94
......I have always wanted to learn to how to drive one of these.
It wasn't hard, you just always had to remember to be rolling a little when you grabbed first gear at the stop sign. It you didn't, you'd grind as you went into first. After a few days, you didn't even think about it, it became 2nd nature, even for a dumb teenager like me.

The pattern was just a sideways H, reverse being top left, first bottom left, 2nd top right, 3rd bottom right.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Idont want a newF150
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as the topic question goes, yes, they do have way too many bells and whistles. The few 2015's we have on our lot are loaded up with everything possible, including not just one sun roof, but TWO.

When I saw this I remembered a truck commercial (chevy?), where they dumped rocks into the bed (CGI of course), and thought that if they tried that with one of these trucks, someone inside would get their head smashed in...

One time I was driving one of these trucks across town, when I got bored and started playing with the dashboard and all the options available, after some time I realized how distracting this all is. You think calling/texting on a phone while driving is bad? I almost went off the road trying to pull up the boost guage on the dash (which, I'll admit, is kinda cool, the diesels have had one for what, 8-9 years now on some models? I have seen one in a 6.0 superduty, not sure about 7.3's)

And of course, the more useless electronic bull5hit that comes in a vehicle, the more you have to pay, the more money Ford makes, and the more debt you accumulate, combined with the sharp devaluation of these trucks, more or less forces you to trade it in after 2-3 years and buy another one, just what Ford wants...

I couldn't even begin to add up how many used F-150's I have detailed, usually about 2-4 years old with around 20k-50k miles. I would say that is the most common used vehicle we work on.

Perhaps one day, I will get my '83 F-150 back on the road, and once everything on the outside has been restored, I will paint on the side a big middle finger that points towards Detriot, because that is how I feel about FoMoCo these days.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:05 PM
usedup
Junior User
Since I have a room temperature IQ when it comes to tech I have to vote yes.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
the sharp devaluation of these trucks
Currently 2015 Ford leasing program is showing better than 60% 36 mo value on the higher end F150s (and just under on the cheaper ones), which is better than most all other Ford models and shows the high end models actually hold a better portion of their value.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:24 AM
GJBain
Cross-Country
[QUOTE=Perhaps one day, I will get my '83 F-150 back on the road, and once everything on the outside has been restored, I will paint on the side a big middle finger that points towards Detriot, because that is how I feel about FoMoCo these days.[/QUOTE]

Then WTF are you on a Ford forum.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:33 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,222 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by Idont want a newF150
As far as the topic question goes, yes, they do have way too many bells and whistles. The few 2015's we have on our lot are loaded up with everything possible, including not just one sun roof, but TWO.

When I saw this I remembered a truck commercial (chevy?), where they dumped rocks into the bed (CGI of course), and thought that if they tried that with one of these trucks, someone inside would get their head smashed in...

One time I was driving one of these trucks across town, when I got bored and started playing with the dashboard and all the options available, after some time I realized how distracting this all is. You think calling/texting on a phone while driving is bad? I almost went off the road trying to pull up the boost guage on the dash (which, I'll admit, is kinda cool, the diesels have had one for what, 8-9 years now on some models? I have seen one in a 6.0 superduty, not sure about 7.3's)

And of course, the more useless electronic bull5hit that comes in a vehicle, the more you have to pay, the more money Ford makes, and the more debt you accumulate, combined with the sharp devaluation of these trucks, more or less forces you to trade it in after 2-3 years and buy another one, just what Ford wants...

I couldn't even begin to add up how many used F-150's I have detailed, usually about 2-4 years old with around 20k-50k miles. I would say that is the most common used vehicle we work on.

Perhaps one day, I will get my '83 F-150 back on the road, and once everything on the outside has been restored, I will paint on the side a big middle finger that points towards Detriot, because that is how I feel about FoMoCo these days.
Is there any way for you to sugar coat your true feelings a little less and be more honest?

Think about it for a moment. If Ford followed your wishes, they'd go bankrupt in no time. While I too am not thrilled about the added price that comes with all the goodies, there are clearly a huge swath of Americans who do like it and are willing to pay the price to have it. If Ford doesn't bring these amenities to market, then the truck buyers who want the goodies will migrate to a car builder who will offer said items. Ford loses, period.

You can get an entry level F-150 XL for under 27K and it still comes with all the safety equipment.