1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

86 E150 van with standard trans shifting stiffness...clutch or synchros?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 03:41 PM
baddad457
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by vettex2
using that logic , oil and KY are the same thing
Yea, they're both lubricants. I guess you're going to tell us fordman75 is wrong too ? The throwout bearing doesn't push itself against the pressure plate. The McCleod unit I have operating the clutch inside the bellhousing in front of my Toploader 4 speed consists of a doughnut shaped slave cylinder and a separate bearing. Doesn't look exactly like the Ford units, but they both operate the same way.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:58 PM
vettex2
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I sent emails to my former team mates of a slave and a hydraulic throw-out bearing.
No tags , no descriptions.
What a surprise. EVERY single one of them called it the same way as I did.
Out of the responses....all called it the same as I did.
Maybe it's a winner/loser thing. Maybe it's a west coast/east coast thing.
I do know that collectively we won 17 championships and, over 300 races. I guess we are all wrong huh?

Old 05-22-2015, 05:58 PM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
I sent emails to my former team mates of a slave and a hydraulic throw-out bearing.
I do know that collectively we won 17 championships and, over 300 races. I guess we are all wrong huh?
Really I could care less what you call it. I just know when I go to the Ford dealer or an auto parts place they call it a concentric slave cylinder or combination slave cylinder & throw out bearing. There is a difference here. We are talking stock replacement parts here. I'm not talking about the aftermarket/performance parts like you'd run in a Nascar vehicle. Those are hydraulic throw out bearings.

Congrats on all your championships. You should be proud of all your accomplishments.

This is getting a little off the rails here. This doesn't really help the original posters problem.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:02 AM
baddad457
Post Fiend
So, if all your team mates told you its a blast to jump out of an airplane without a parachute and perfectly safe to do so, would that make them right ? As for your wins, are you really going to stoop to "mines bigger than yours" thing ? I don't race professionally, but I do drive for a living, with around 4 million miles behind me in every kind of truck and car you can imagine, and driven to places in 18 wheelers that you can't even imagine they could go, in all kinds of weather, day and night too, so could be your driver's haven't run up against the right driver yet.

Old 05-23-2015, 01:15 PM
vettex2
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by baddad457
So, if all your team mates told you its a blast to jump out of an airplane without a parachute and perfectly safe to do so, would that make them right ? As for your wins, are you really going to stoop to "mines bigger than yours" thing ? I don't race professionally, but I do drive for a living, with around 4 million miles behind me in every kind of truck and car you can imagine, and driven to places in 18 wheelers that you can't even imagine they could go, in all kinds of weather, day and night too, so could be your driver's haven't run up against the right driver yet.
impressive ....almost......
I grew up on trucks. Teamsters local 85
We raced against Greg Biffle , beat him twice in 2 days, We raced against AJ Foyt at Phoenix , he passed us under yellow. Won the Duel In The Desert against 140 oi the best from across the country. ......etc......
You truly do not know what you are talking about.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:27 PM
baddad457
Post Fiend
impressive ....almost......
I grew up on trucks. Teamsters local 85
We raced against Greg Biffle , beat him twice in 2 days, We raced against AJ Foyt at Phoenix , he passed us under yellow. Won the Duel In The Desert against 140 oi the best from across the country. ......etc......
You truly do not know what you are talking about.
I've been driving trucks now for 38 years. The best don't go around bragging about it. And they don't go around in circles. Those that do are the ones who are lost. I've passed AJ too, but it wasn't on a track. And it wasn't in a race car. Duel in the desert ? Been there done that many nights on every road out west, pulling all kinds of freight. And it wasn't in a 55 mph teamsters day cab.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:24 PM
vettex2
Posting Guru
It's not bragging when it's a fact.
The best don't drive trucks for 38 years either....LOL

Old 05-24-2015, 08:18 PM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Guys how about you both give it a rest. This is going no where good.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:02 AM
baddad457
Post Fiend
It's not bragging when it's a fact.
The best don't drive trucks for 38 years either....LOL
Well you're entitled to your opinion, and that's just what it is, an opinion. But don't forget that EVERYTHING you use and consume in your life was delivered to you by us lowly truck drivers. And without us, you'd be nowhere. As for your "team" ? I've never heard of you or them either. I'm done.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:30 AM
vettex2
Posting Guru
Well you're entitled to your opinion, and that's just what it is, an opinion. But don't forget that EVERYTHING you use and consume in your life was delivered to you by us lowly truck drivers. And without us, you'd be nowhere. As for your "team" ? I've never heard of you or them either. I'm done.
I drove trucks. Are you just missing the obvious? I was smart enough to get out of it. Long hours are only fun at the races. I like being with my woman every night. She was a babe when I met her many years ago and still looks awesome for her age. Blonde , ***** , 112 lbs. , pretty face etc. You can't have that when you are gone all the time. A good women wants her man around. But you already know that.

I never mention my former teams' names because people like you will cause trouble.
I'm RETIRED now. I retired at 54. I'll never have to work again.
Glad you are done. I thought I was done awhile ago.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:03 AM
baddad457
Post Fiend
I drove trucks. Are you just missing the obvious? I was smart enough to get out of it. Long hours are only fun at the races. I like being with my woman every night. She was a babe when I met her many years ago and still looks awesome for her age. Blonde , ***** , 112 lbs. , pretty face etc. You can't have that when you are gone all the time. A good women wants her man around. But you already know that.

I never mention my former teams' names because people like you will cause trouble.
I'm RETIRED now. I retired at 54. I'll never have to work again.
Glad you are done. I thought I was done awhile ago.
Couldn't cut it huh ? I make 70K/yr and home every night. Smart, sexy and And she works too. Been married 38 yrs to the same woman.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:03 PM
vettex2
Posting Guru
Couldn't cut it huh ? I make 70K/yr and home every night. Smart, sexy and And she works too. Been married 38 yrs to the same woman.
Funny, I didn't enjoy it. It was just a boring , repetitive and monotonous job.
I have excelled at every job I ever had. Being smart enough to drive a truck is not hard.
I get it , you didn't want to learn anything new. You are a worker bee,
Sorry you were not smart enough to get ahead and be able to retire. You'll be a worker bee until you pass. That life is not for me.
How long do you want to carry this on?

Old 05-25-2015, 03:49 PM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Unsubscribed. You two both need to grow up.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:46 PM
vettex2
Posting Guru
who subscribes to threads ?....LOL

Old 05-28-2015, 07:16 PM
peanut butter
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, as I was saying...ladies and gents...ahem, is my OEM set up has no adjustment anywhere. I found that very odd too but with hydraulics, I guess not needed. The fluid adjusts. It appears the little bushes and such that the clutch pedal rotates (ever so slightly) are shot, therefore providing enough play so that I can't really get complete disengagement. Where on this earth would I find those? Junk yard? Dealer?

(I'm paying no attention to the back and forthing above as it does not help me personally. No sides taken thank you)

Quick Reply: 86 E150 van with standard trans shifting stiffness...clutch or synchros?