1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Supernationals

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 10:10 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 543 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by gerrymoe
Thanx for taking the time to post these BJ. I need to get to that run. By chance did you get anymore shots of the two tone silver and black 56 panel?
I left Friday morning so what I posted is all the pictures I have. The trailer I was hoping to use fell through so I had to rent a UHaul and I could get it but for 3 days.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:13 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
What a great event! Made it home safely with no troubles.
Great to hear all went well. I guess the guy picking up the COE cab finally picked it up. Did you sell the cab I brought? If so you probably had a pretty empty trailer.

Did Joe sell his whole truck?

Old 05-17-2015, 10:50 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Kevin glad to hear you made it home safely. I hope everyone did and I hope all vendors did decent.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:15 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
It was a pretty good show and we got lucky on the weather. They had forecast rain for both Friday and Saturday, but we only had a few light sprinkles on Friday. Saturday they rain did come and it continued through most of the day.
All in all, it was a pretty good show, I like the facility there better as Ray mentioned, but I don't think there were as many trucks as in some past years. I didn't do as well in the swap meet area as I had hoped, but I think like the truck count, the foot traffic was also down. I spoke with a couple of the bigger parts vendors and they felt that the spectator traffic was way down, they complained of 'slow sales', although I spent more there than what I sold.

During the many announcements, they indicated that the show would return to Lebanon next year, but have hopes to be back in Pigeon Forge in 2 years. Charlie Coble mentioned that there were plans to build a new facility in Pigeon Forge to have the larger car/truck shows at. Personally, I think that if they really gave Lebanon a chance it would be a better location. The area seems to really welcome the big car shows, and unlike Pigeon Forge, the fairgrounds went out of their way to accommodate the show.

BJ, NO, I did not sell the 56. I got home about 6pm Saturday ( same distance as Pigeon Forge, but takes a lot less time to get to Lebanon) Listed the truck on a local internet board (Localsalesnetwork.com ...like a regional CL) when I got home, have has several calls this morning on it already.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:32 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Too bad the 56 didn't sell. At least you didn't unload it and have to reload it. It was great visiting with you and some of the Guys from FTE. Glad it seems everyone made it home safe.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:48 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
BJ I didn't sell the cab and doors, I tried but really , I figure they will sell here a lot easier.
I LOVED the new location, plenty of room for vehicles and swap meet, very clean and close to the drive thru! Next year we will be staying/camping on site.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:58 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
BJ I didn't sell the cab and doors, I tried but really , I figure they will sell here a lot easier.
I LOVED the new location, plenty of room for vehicles and swap meet, very clean and close to the drive thru! Next year we will be staying/camping on site.
Good point Kevin. There seemed to be lots of space for folks to stay on the fairgrounds. That is if your significant other will stay "in a trailer down by the River".

Old 05-17-2015, 05:53 PM
Drewski 2
Laughing Gas
Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by harleymsn
It was a pretty good show and we got lucky on the weather. They had forecast rain for both Friday and Saturday, but we only had a few light sprinkles on Friday. Saturday they rain did come and it continued through most of the day.
All in all, it was a pretty good show, I like the facility there better as Ray mentioned, but I don't think there were as many trucks as in some past years. I didn't do as well in the swap meet area as I had hoped, but I think like the truck count, the foot traffic was also down. I spoke with a couple of the bigger parts vendors and they felt that the spectator traffic was way down, they complained of 'slow sales', although I spent more there than what I sold.
I suspect that the Goodguys show going on in Nashville hurt the turnout in Lebanon.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:10 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
I noticed at last year's Super Nats, when coming from the hotel, there was some sort of Ch$&y Tri Five show going on there but it was almost within walking distance. But I do agree other car shows in the area unless very close probably decrease our attendance numbers.
Drew did you ever make it?
I did notice two hearty souls from Ontario drove their trucks to the show. Saw a California truck or two as well but I don't know whether they drove or trailered their rides.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:50 AM
Schuyles
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by harleymsn

During the many announcements, they indicated that the show would return to Lebanon next year, but have hopes to be back in Pigeon Forge in 2 years. Charlie Coble mentioned that there were plans to build a new facility in Pigeon Forge to have the larger car/truck shows at. Personally, I think that if they really gave Lebanon a chance it would be a better location. The area seems to really welcome the big car shows, and unlike Pigeon Forge, the fairgrounds went out of their way to accommodate the show.
I agree with all of this. I have been going to the show every year for about 5-6 years and this year felt like it had a lot less trucks and spectators, which sort of affected the vibes for me. I went on Thursday because of the Fri/Sat forecast, and man...it was low turnout. I didn't want to leave depressed and have to wait a whole year, so I went back on Friday, and it was much better (and the weather was great), but still not what we are "used to."

I liked the location and fairgrounds a lot...but if people aren't going to get on board, I would prefer a busier show in PF.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:45 PM
old uhaul
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the show was great. The location was excellent and there was a good turn out on Friday and pretty good Sat even with the rain.If the forecast was better I am sure the turn out would have been greater.
Old Ford trucks and great old friends........cant get much better than that!

Old 05-19-2015, 08:10 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by old uhaul
I thought the show was great. The location was excellent and there was a good turn out on Friday and pretty good Sat even with the rain.If the forecast was better I am sure the turn out would have been greater.
Good times.........good times.......and now that that is over its time to plow the garden and before you know it we will have to rake the leaves, and plow snow again.......almost like I'm wishing time away only 360 days to go.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:46 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by old uhaul
I agree, I also think that with time, this location will draw more people, and could become more popular than the PF location. I don't know how serious and true the plans for a new facility in PF are, but I feel that Charlie (the promoter) would be better of not promising a return to PF and spend more effort in Building on the Lebanon location.

As far as the Good guys show, I had hoped that it would boost this show's attendance on 1 or 2 days, but that didn't seem to happen, this time. I also don't believe that the good guys show hurt this one, after all the two shows have been held on the same weekend for several years.