New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

new member and new 6.0 owner.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 10:20 PM
brandonrr
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
new member and new 6.0 owner.

I have been lurking the forums for a few months and finally decided to register. Stangely, i was unable to register from my home Internet, as my "IP address was not recognized." Suddenly, it dawned on me to use my phone to register and it worked.

I bought a 2006 F250 base lariat, extended cab, longbed, powerstroke a few weeks ago With 138k miles. It has a few minor issues and one somewhat major issue. The "major" issue is an annoying oil leak that is coming from at least 2 different places near the front of the engine. Minor stuff is a little bit of turbo vane sticking, needs CAC boots, had a wix oil filter, etc.

I bought the truck from a small used car/truck dealership that likes to buy a lot of 6.0's from auction. They were pretty open and honest with most stuff, except the oil leak, so i can't really fault them. This truck has some exterior damage and they went out of their way to show every dent and scratch.

They were also honest about the prior problems and what they fixed. It had blown head gaskets when they bought it, so they put new head gaskets, ARP head studs, new oil cooler, bulletproof EGR cooler, water pump, radiator, alternator and f/r brake pads.

I took it to ford for the oil leak and after a $9,000+ invoice, i walked, as that crazy, non-necessary work didn't even address the oil leak... after paying the $120 diagnostic. They went as far as telling me i HAVE to replace the aftermarket radiator, because its not ford, as well as the transmission, because the transmission fluid pan has a small dent on it...

I bought the truck from a small used car/truck dealership that likes to buy a lot of 6.0's from auction. They were pretty open and honest with most stuff, except the oil leak and dry-rotted tires, so i can't really fault them too much. This truck has some exterior damage and they went out of their way to show every dent and scratch.

So far, i have bought a sct tuner and the cooling system is working excellent, with an average of 4-6 degrees difference in ECT and EOT. EGT sensor kit is on its way in the mail now.

I just wanted to say hi and while it may seem like i am complaining a bit, that is not my intention. The trouble registering, I'll just chaulk up to being a fluke. I bought this truck a bit on the cheap side and realize you cannot expect perfection in a diesel for under $15k.

I really look forward to being apart of this VERY knowledgeable community and have already learned a ton just from reading a few threads.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:23 PM
brandonrr
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I also forgot to mention, the truck is on a restored salvage title, due to prior theft, not collision. Carfax helped me verify the mileage and reason for the salvage title. The story on this truck seems to check out. Arizona owned for its whole life and the lack of rust somewhat proves that as well.

Btw, I am from Las Vegas, NV, if anyone was curious.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:20 AM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
welcome to the site
Tony