Vermont Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: wildstang

Vermont May BS - smell the flowers not the BS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 05:28 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by David7.3
This was December of last year, time and date on camera are wrong, as you can tell it's not June, no leaves on the tree's and the reflecting pond was frozen. Beautiful place, Obama places the wreath and doesn't even salute, what a *****. I would loved to have slapped him across the face.
Originally Posted by 67nukeford
You and a couple million other people......
No, I meant this, David!!LOL

Old 05-25-2015, 05:51 PM
David7.3
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sbryan
Way too young. Just back from a three year tour in Macedonia. Can't believe he's been gone 15 years - seems like yesterday that we were working together. He was the Assistant Adjutant General - Army, I was the IG. We were two peas in a pod, similar careers, common friends. Was a tough loss.
You were an Inspector General in the Army? You had to report to him, or the chief of staff, Do you know how to fire a gun? Puss Bag

Old 05-25-2015, 05:59 PM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Received 126 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by David7.3
You were an Inspector General in the Army? You had to report to him, or the chief of staff, Do you know how to fire a gun? Puss Bag
That was my last assignment with the VTARNG. Sorry to disappoint you Dave.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:02 PM
David7.3
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 67nukeford
No, I meant this, David!!LOL
Oh no doubt lets start looting and burning our town down. Because we elected a douch bag. who has no clue, How do you like the new Attorney General? Why are the republicans going along with this, you know the dems would put up a fit we tried to get a strong conservative in any position of power and we let her in. Didn't these republicans know why they won in the midterms to shut the POTUS up. I see no difference since we took the senate and more of the congress. Grow a pair and shut him down. Period. I can't write to anyone all my representatives are blue as can be. I live in a red county, all republican every time but for DC we go blue, because, newark, camden, Jersey city, hoboken, ect, ect, out numbered. flat out.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:08 PM
David7.3
Postmaster
That was my last assignment with the VTARNG. Sorry to disappoint you Dave.
What is that Vermont army national guard, Can I pee on your leg sir? Or does that stand for something other than I think Very Targeting Ammo Russian Night Guard?

Old 05-25-2015, 06:17 PM
sbryan
Lead Driver
VTARNG - VT Army National Guard. Pee up your own leg after your earlier comment!

Old 05-25-2015, 06:40 PM
David7.3
Postmaster
Gravity pulls it down, what did you finish with the boy scouts? without the water guns anymore, Oh that's right that Jim's Fetish. I thought you were in Cambodia, Knocking the heck out of the Vietcong. pushing the 38th parallel in the south, going all the way to china, or maybe Holding the bulge in the Arden Forest, or slipping in the trenches with the rainbow battalion. Mogadishu, operation restore hope, give me something, I'm staring down the barrel's of 120 mm cannon's here, tell me you weren't taking complaints of military or civilian cry baby's Just kidding everybody has a roll and your's was a puss wagon.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:50 PM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Just to set the record straight - I did a few years active in 1970-1973, got out for a few years, then went into the reserves, then into the guard. Started out as a 2LT right out of Norwich University. Somehow missed out on combat but not for lack of trying. Was on orders to Nam 3 times and 3 times got pulled back for another assignment.

So pick away David - you have my respect for doing what you did. I don't have the creds you do.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:33 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Good evening Vermont!

To those that have served, Thank you.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:02 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,998 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Good evening folks......

Back home safe & sound...........
Jolly Green did very well......9.5 mpg on the trip home.....65 mph.

Bunch of Photos on the Jolly Green thread........
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15383612

Sun rising on Sunday......

At Willow Creek Reservoir, Augusta Montana

Old 05-26-2015, 04:16 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
Just to set the record straight - I did a few years active in 1970-1973, got out for a few years, then went into the reserves, then into the guard. Started out as a 2LT right out of Norwich University. Somehow missed out on combat but not for lack of trying. Was on orders to Nam 3 times and 3 times got pulled back for another assignment.

So pick away David - you have my respect for doing what you did. I don't have the creds you do.
Believe me Nam was a mess, I wouldn't have wanted that either, if ordered I would have gone as well, but I was too young and glad I was, they put too many restrictions on our military and that got alot of our boy's killed. Hochie-man-trail were we watched them in mile long convoy's bringing weapons, supplies and we couldn't send spookie over there to destroy that Bull. cant fight with one hand tied behind your back. We lost that war the minute Kissenger couldn't work it out to get in there and cut the supply lines. A hungry Army with no ammo will lose. But no they kept that line going. I am just poking fun at you Shawn you were in a long time, got me beat, I saved the sand, and Kuwait's oil that's all. another waste. We did what we were told, that's it.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:25 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
Good Tuesday morning Vermont, already 76 degrees here, got to 86 yesterday, all the bennies were down, traffic nightmare, this is our miserable time of year, pull in to 7-11 and the parking lot looks like a dump, guess people from Brooklyn dont believe in garbage cans. Yep it's that time of year again. Beautiful pictures Roy, glad you had a good time, Jolley Green needs a bath bad. Well worth it. When you heading North west? coming up no? Have a great day guy's in FTE land, short week love it.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:39 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 137 Likes on 133 Posts
Good morning Vermont Dave and FTE land. Have a terrific Tuesday. Another day at the zoo.

About 10°cooler here Dave

Old 05-26-2015, 05:40 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Good morning woodchucks and woodchuck wannabees. Off to Burlington for board meetings today. Helen gets home tonight - looking forward to that!

She reported that it was between 95-105 and humid every day - a reminder of why I have no desire to move to Florida.

Looks to be muggy and humid here too Dave. The sky has that red, foggy look to it. Supposed to get to the mid 80's before the day is done. Think I'll enjoy the AC in the truck! I hate this kind of weather - t-storms this PM so riding the motorcycle isn't on my list. I know, I'm a wimp. I'll ride in the rain and storms all day when I'm on the road traveling but for local trips I'll take the comfort of the truck every day. And I love to drive my truck. Maybe swing by home depot and pick up a few things for the project since I have the truck - I have plenty of room for anything I need.

Roy, gorgeous pictures of big sky country. Nothing like that left back east.

Dave, I know you were just kidding buddy. You actually got to play in the sandbox, I missed out. My SIL has a purple heart from Iraq and saw combat in Afghanistan for a year, all with the guard. I still suffer with guilt that I didn't make Nam and a bunch of buddies did. Why them and not me? I don't obsess about it but it still doesn't seem fair. That's why I try to give back with my service to ESGR and VVA today.

Have a great day folks. Grab an umbrella!

Old 05-26-2015, 05:50 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
No doubt Shawn, survivors quilt, so it's called. I had friends who got banged up from friendly fire miles away from the front lines, I was in it, and got out without a scratch if it should have been anyone it should have been me! We deserved it driving up on them like that, they should still be picking pieces of my body out of the grains of sand. Stuiped Republican guard, couldn't find there *******s with a funnel! Saddam's best huh, ran away from to lightly armored scout trucks. Enjoy the day

Quick Reply: Vermont May BS - smell the flowers not the BS