Parkers' Prairie Panel Progress

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 06:19 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Thanks Arctic, boy is there anything I can do to meet up with you while in Seattle? I have 3 of my 4 kids down there I could go down to visit them and accidently run into you. I might even have to buy you a beer or 3. Seriously. Ok well now Hollywood called and said he'd be here today at 4:30, that's in 15 minutes. My wife took some action shots, can't wait to see what this wreck looks lie spinning in the gravel in HD!

Attached Images    
Old 05-30-2015, 09:05 PM
newold46
Fleet Mechanic
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
It's no wonder I haven't been having any fun this week! Someone has been using up my allocation...

Old 05-30-2015, 10:52 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Haha, the term "crazy ol coot" comes to mind..........you're having too much fun Gary!

Can't wait for the video Premier.....got my popcorn ready.......

Old 05-30-2015, 11:41 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Well he shot two hours worth the first day and finished up today with 1 1/2 hours. That should do it... He must not be very good at it. My videos took about 2 minutes max. Scott, can't wait to get that awesome front clip bolted on, but I want to do anything else under the hood completed first. Like 12 volt conversion for example....... Is there one line that feeds the gauges that I put some kind of voltage reducer on or do I need 3 seperate reducers for the water temp, oil pressure and fuel gauge? I understand about reversing the ammeter for neg ground and I don't have a heater, clock or radio. I just pack my jobsite dewalt radio/charger so I can listen to George, Alan, Reba and Toby while I drive.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:53 AM
fordf5
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Them action shots got me to agrinnin, and achucklin, and awishin I was on Orcas Island.
From a true redneck Appalachian hillbilly I must say you would fit right in with me.
Absolutely love this build,,, only wish I could smell the grease, the gas, the newly fired up engine oil burnin off, and the dust kicked up by them spinning tires.
Kinda brings me back to my youth,,, Thanks G.B. as it is truly appreciated.
And I like your current gas tank,,, that other one was way too shiny.
Roger

Old 05-31-2015, 07:07 AM
newold46
Fleet Mechanic
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
There are going to have to be 3 separate reducers for the gauges. Each one has to go to the battery side of the gauge. Wait...

http://www.fifthaveinternetgarage.co...structions.pdf

This is just one style, there are others out there too and I'm would guess they all work the same way.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:17 AM
Joe777
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So you have 3.5 hours of footage now? Is this going to be a mini-series shown on the History Channel?

Old 05-31-2015, 10:28 AM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 262 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by truckdog62563
Before long you'll have your own reality series. Stu
Originally Posted by Joe777
So you have 3.5 hours of footage now? Is this going to be a mini-series shown on the History Channel?
I did predict this. With commercials that's a whole season of episodes, then there's reruns and syndication. Then there's endorsement deals. Gosh, Gary, I'm proud to have met you! Have you selected your theme music yet? Stu

Old 05-31-2015, 08:55 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm gonna need more popcorn.......

Old 06-01-2015, 10:02 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
I'm hoping it will be edited down to a few minutes. Some of us more advanced viewers have a short attention span. In my opinion, start-up and first drive videos should be more like 3 minutes max. Gave up on wiring the gauges because I kept having questions. I will do more research and also install the senders before I continue. Instead I installed the original jailbars on the repainted front clip. I will fine tune the paint on the clip after it's on, but I needed it to be somewhat green under the bars because they would be much harder to install on the truck. I used the light bezels from the panel's clip because they were a good tacoma cream color. I made my own 'oxidized' tacoma cream from flat white in a tuna can and then sprayed in quite a bit of 'new caterpillar yellow' from a spray can. It matched well, and now I can buff out areas of the bars to get them shiny where they would be and keep them flat in other areas. I drilled my new floors to accept the passenger seat and the remaining holes for the driver's seat. Sweatshirts and jackets turned around backwards and zipped up behind the seat backs make good covers for the upper half and unzipped jackets work on the seats with the sleeves zip-tied together underneath. Took my bride for a 2 mile drive down the county road yesterday afternoon, and she pronounced it a really fun ride. She said her seat was really comfortable. I told you she was a good wife. Oh and as far as being a hillbilly redneck, I wasn't sure about the redneck part until I finally mowed my foot high lawn and found a bicycle up next to the porch, a ten foot length of tow chain and a complete exhaust system down by the henhouse. All three were found the hard way.

Attached Images      
Old 06-01-2015, 02:44 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I will let ya know when I know when I will be in Seattle Gary. It's
all moving pretty slow on this end. And the second week in July we
are going camping for a week to load up on deer meat and we hope
some Elk as well. So unless I am dieing the last two weeks in July are
spoken for. IDK, we will see. It's been years since I have been South

Old 06-02-2015, 10:19 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
It would be great to meet up if we could. You are of course welcome to come here, but the ferries in the summer are pretty horrible. We'll see what we can do. And no more talk about dying, k?

Old 06-02-2015, 11:57 PM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
what's that vintage camper I see in a couple of those pictures?

Old 06-03-2015, 09:46 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
'58 Aloha. Pretty good shape and we take it camping once in a while. We usually tow it with the '59 one ton. Painted it with a brush.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:18 PM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I just sold a 58 Aloha. It had a front overhang with a bunk up there, all turquoise appliances inside. I decided to keep the 56 Pathfinder because I liked the canned ham shape better.

Quick Reply: Parkers' Prairie Panel Progress