6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

2005 F-350 Dually Crew Cab at Dealer for HPOP

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Themoose56
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hire the best lawyer you can find, I don't know how you have kept your cool during this process.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:32 AM
jayge
Freshman User
I would agree. I am still waiting for a call back from them.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:33 AM
jayge
Freshman User
Well up to this point I have been at their mercy, but I am hoping that this will tilt the "give a ****" meter in my favor.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 217 Likes on 145 Posts
They screwed you and your truck over. Did your truck fall off the lift before or after the transmission was replaced?

Old 04-27-2015, 11:47 AM
jayge
Freshman User
The service rep called me like the third or fourth day it was in there the first time, like a month and a half ago, and told me it slipped off the lift. I have only had the truck back three days from the second time it was there and only found the hole when I was sweeping the bed out.

What bothers me the most is that they didn't tell me about it. They told me that they were replacing the running boards since they broke one of them, but completely failed to tell me about the bed damage.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:37 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
They screwed you and your truck over. Did your truck fall off the lift before or after the transmission was replaced?
My question would be: Is the hole in the bed in such a position that it was caused by the transmission and is this what caused the replacement of the transmission. Since he didn't get to see the transmission case he has no actual way to get proof.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Sarge261
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I would run not walk from that dealer ship. The repairs are warrantied through any Ford dealer...don't ever go back there. Also make sure that you get the truck returned to pre-repair condition and on the dealers dime. I wouldn't even trust them to fix it.

Unfortunately it may be on your dime until the legal stuff can be handled. Good luck and I'm so sorry that this happened to you and your truck...What a shame!!!

If I were the service manager I would be chopping staff that's for sure. And to be honest I would expect the store owner to fire the service manager for allowing that to happen as well.

If I were you I would dispute the charges with your CC company, you may have some recourse there until the issue is resolved.

Good Luck With The Fight...Keep Your Chin Up.

Sarge

Old 04-27-2015, 05:26 PM
jayge
Freshman User
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
My question would be: Is the hole in the bed in such a position that it was caused by the transmission and is this what caused the replacement of the transmission. Since he didn't get to see the transmission case he has no actual way to get proof.
This is on the drivers side up front on the bottom of the bed. You can see obvious marks where the lift contact point slipped off and the weight of the vehicle was on the underside of the bed.

So far they have been 100% on fixing it at a collision shop.

I have already filled a claim with my insurance and will start contacting shops as soon as I speak to my claim rep.

Jay

Old 04-27-2015, 05:30 PM
jayge
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Sarge261
I would run not walk from that dealer ship. The repairs are warrantied through any Ford dealer...don't ever go back there. Also make sure that you get the truck returned to pre-repair condition and on the dealers dime. I wouldn't even trust them to fix it.

Unfortunately it may be on your dime until the legal stuff can be handled. Good luck and I'm so sorry that this happened to you and your truck...What a shame!!!

If I were the service manager I would be chopping staff that's for sure. And to be honest I would expect the store owner to fire the service manager for allowing that to happen as well.

If I were you I would dispute the charges with your CC company, you may have some recourse there until the issue is resolved.

Good Luck With The Fight...Keep Your Chin Up.

Sarge
You are correct Sarge, I will not be going anywhere near them. I have several other places in the local area so that's no issue at all.

I am just pleased that the representative I spoke to this morning was well up the food chain and 100% apologetic and multiple times reassured me that this would be taken care of by them.

Jay

Old 04-28-2015, 01:02 PM
Sarge261
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Sounds like progress for sure.

Good to hear,

Sarge

Old 04-28-2015, 08:46 PM
jdw1
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Just read this whole story and at some point I had though that the truck may have fell off of the lift.
This is my take on what really happened, somehow when the truck slipped off of the lift it did damage to the steps and the box, I'm thinking that the transmission took a hit too, they just put it back together and thought they would give it a try, if it worked ok you would have left and never known, if it broke something they would just blame the transmission and you would pay for there damage and never know.

Jmo

Old 04-28-2015, 10:41 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jdw1
Just read this whole story and at some point I had though that the truck may have fell off of the lift.
This is my take on what really happened, somehow when the truck slipped off of the lift it did damage to the steps and the box, I'm thinking that the transmission took a hit too, they just put it back together and thought they would give it a try, if it worked ok you would have left and never known, if it broke something they would just blame the transmission and you would pay for there damage and never know.

Jmo
Makes sense to me

Old 05-01-2015, 10:20 AM
jayge
Freshman User

From the underside of bed on drivers side up front corner

I am concerned about the structure since the beam is bent

there was so much blunt force that the seam ripped apart and tore the Line-X.

For your viewing pleasure I figured I could upload the pictures of the damage I know about from them dropping my truck from the lift. Since this is the only damage I can find so far I would only think that the lift only slipped off one arm, but when I take it in to the repair shop I will have them with the skilled eyes do a once over to ensure that there isn't any additional damage I don't know about already.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:34 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=Toreador_Diesel;15238317]
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
But you DO have to pull the transmission to replace the branch tube. /QUOTE]

Agreed, I mentioned before that unless the STC fitting violently separated and broke the branch tube or rear cover, then they would have to pull the trans.

This confirms what someone mentioned earlier; they had to replace the branch tube, made a rookie mistake reinstalling the trans and made the owner pay for their mistake instead of eating the cost due to their mistake.
I had a 6.0 blow the SCT fitting so bad it cracked the cover on the back of the motor and yes had to pull the trans out.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Black1
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, what a train wreck.

Feel bad for the OP. Looks like he stumbled into a stealership with a service department both crooked and incompetent.

Quick Reply: 2005 F-350 Dually Crew Cab at Dealer for HPOP