1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 F250 w/6.7 ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 07:32 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
Print your list so you don't forget to have a look. Ask for an OASIS from the service advisor. Have the salesperson walk over there with you. That will give you warranty info.

Check the **** on the door again for the mirrors. I may just be in the center position. Have them fix it!

Old 03-17-2015, 07:42 AM
Long Haul
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
Print your list so you don't forget to have a look. Ask for an OASIS from the service advisor. Have the salesperson walk over there with you. That will give you warranty info.

Check the **** on the door again for the mirrors. I may just be in the center position. Have them fix it!

will do..

Old 03-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
The only real problems I found were..
Power mirror on drivers side won't adjust, but it does telescope out - I agree with Scott, but a dealer should fix if broken

I didn't think to the check mirror heat.. - Not a deal killer IMO

Forgot to check for a block heater - If originally sold in the North, it's standard and the lead may be tucked in the bottom RHS grill opening

Never got an answer on remaining warranty (we got side tracked BS'ing I guess) - OOPS!! been there as well, but like I said, consider that ESP

Forgot to ask about TSB's and updates - OASIS will tell you, but there should only be a couple, horsepower and torque upgrade if an early truck and the latest emissions 14E03

No bed liner the bed was scuffed up pretty good not dented or damaged - Would not be a deal killer for me. You can do a home bed liner application for less then a hundred bucks if you feel the need to cover the scuffs

The interior could use a good scrub'n it was a little dirty but not damaged - any reputable dealer should do a detailing as you will be advertising his sale. Mine did a great one including a small 'paintless dent repair' on the tailgate

Sounds like you have a decent truck to consider if you can get a couple things cleaned up and the price is right. As far as how these 6.7's run, they are amazingly quick - I blew off a big size Honda up to 65 mph (NY speed limit) getting on I-87 a couple days ago.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Long Haul
Elder User
Originally Posted by Irelands child
The only real problems I found were..
Power mirror on drivers side won't adjust, but it does telescope out - I agree with Scott, but a dealer should fix if broken

I didn't think to the check mirror heat.. - Not a deal killer IMO

Forgot to check for a block heater - If originally sold in the North, it's standard and the lead may be tucked in the bottom RHS grill opening

Never got an answer on remaining warranty (we got side tracked BS'ing I guess) - OOPS!! been there as well, but like I said, consider that ESP

Forgot to ask about TSB's and updates - OASIS will tell you, but there should only be a couple, horsepower and torque upgrade if an early truck and the latest emissions 14E03

No bed liner the bed was scuffed up pretty good not dented or damaged - Would not be a deal killer for me. You can do a home bed liner application for less then a hundred bucks if you feel the need to cover the scuffs

The interior could use a good scrub'n it was a little dirty but not damaged - any reputable dealer should do a detailing as you will be advertising his sale. Mine did a great one including a small 'paintless dent repair' on the tailgate

Sounds like you have a decent truck to consider if you can get a couple things cleaned up and the price is right. As far as how these 6.7's run, they are amazingly quick - I blew off a big size Honda up to 65 mph (NY speed limit) getting on I-87 a couple days ago.
Just got off the phone with the dealer they are getting back to me on everything..

We are close to getting this done..

Old 03-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Long Haul
Elder User
I found a little glitch in the final bill of sale that work in the dealers favor to the tune of a grand..

Whether intentional or not I don't know but another call was placed, nobody has got back with me yet..

Old 03-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Long Haul
Elder User
still waiting..

must be they don't want to sell me that truck very bad..

Old 03-19-2015, 04:21 PM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Long Haul
still waiting..

must be they don't want to sell me that truck very bad..
Maybe it's the sales guys day off. That's was when my guy had a day off

If you don't mind driving 175 miles, Carmody Ford in Greenwich usually has some good ones on the lot and where my last two came from

Old 03-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Long Haul
Elder User
never did hear anything back..

Going to look at a very similar truck tomorrow with a 6.2L gasser..