Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Got mine and have some tips if you are ordering

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Bowhunter2001
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great color. These are the tires that came on my new 15 F250. Toyo I believe. They are very aggressive. Great for bow hunting on the farm. Don't drive behind me, these tires fling the rocks!

Old 03-04-2015, 11:58 AM
w6pea
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Soko179
I never complain about mpg's that is why I drive a truck
If I wanted something with horsepower and mpg's I would get a car and then it wouldn't be able to tow a damn thing
I have to agree with that statement. Other wise I might be driving a Pinto.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:31 AM
w6pea
Tuned
Originally Posted by Wishbone
I ordered this truck for my farm work truck using the web to pick out the specs. I used a fleet purchase group so I never went to a dealer. I finally arrived and I really like it. But a couple tips to you if you are ordering.
Those LED outlines in the headlight bezels that are highlighted in the led light package do NOT come on the truck unless you get the 502 package or higher.
Getting leather seats for stain and dirt resistance isn't the case now because the seat are full of holes so they can be air conditioned.
OEM tires are a joke! Truck has tow package and I paid extra for A/T tires and it comes with a set of P rated Good for a years that would look wimpy on a Explorer. If you want tires plan on buying them after.
The rubber floor mat option leave a strip of carpet between kick panel and mat. Save the money and buy Weather tecs or aftermarket. They cover much better.
The 3.5 Eco Boost has alot of *****!
Bronze Fire is not as orange at it looks in the sample, but I Like it.

Good Luck if you are getting one. I really like mine so far.

I am going to the dealer that has not been bugging me daily with phone calls and e-mails, to test drive a F-250 and then maybe an F-350 They will both be Crew Cabs and Long Bed and 4x4, and then maybe a 4x2. Later this morning. I will start a build sheet and then look at some more items on one of the trucks. Probably the F-250

Old 03-06-2015, 02:48 AM
Frdtrkrul
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
I'd opt out of the LED lights on them, even though it does look really awesome with them they have a tendency to go out fairly fast and I have not checked out the price tag for new ones but I have to imagine it is not cheap. Seen quite a few newer Jeep Cherokees with the all LED head lights and they were usually burnt out. But seeing as that's Fiat-Chrysler one should at least expect nothing less...lol!

By the way AWESOME FREAKIN TRUCK!

Old 03-07-2015, 02:45 AM
w6pea
Tuned
Originally Posted by w6pea
I am going to the dealer that has not been bugging me daily with phone calls and e-mails, to test drive a F-250 and then maybe an F-350 They will both be Crew Cabs and Long Bed and 4x4, and then maybe a 4x2. Later this morning. I will start a build sheet and then look at some more items on one of the trucks. Probably the F-250
I went on Friday out to the Ford Dealer that's 25 miles from my house. I have a Ford Dealer that is 4 blocks east of my house on the East side of the Freeway aka Interstate HWY.
Any way I like this guy, doesn't BS you. Also he knows people that I know (but he doesn't realize that)
Any way I drove a F-250 Lariat CC/LB 4x4 6.7L POWER STROKE™ V8 TURBO DIESEL. I also drove an exact match except it had the 6.2L 2-VALVE V8 GAS.
I liked them both. Both Trucks were both exactly the same ecept for the engines. Both had the 6-speed SelectShift Automatic™ Transmission, The 6.2 L Gas V8 SRW 3.73 Rear End. The 6.7L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 SRW 3.31 rear end.
The 6.2L Gas has the 4.30 Rear end, as an option.You can get the 4.30 rear end with the 6.7L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 but you have to have DRW.

Next step is take SWMbO aka "She Who Must be Obeyed" out to test drive the truck.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:22 AM
SaddleTramp56
New User
Nice looking truck and good luck with it. I have to back you up on the factory "all weather mats" Save the money, go with the carpeted mats for the summer and buy the weather techs. I made the mistake of listening to the dealer tell me how great the factory all weather mats are. No doubt they're "nice looking" but they don't cover much. In fact, the mat doesn't even reach under the gas and brake pedal so if you have sand on your feet, it's going to fall off right onto the carpet.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:29 AM
SaddleTramp56
New User
Originally Posted by Bowhunter2001

Great color. These are the tires that came on my new 15 F250. Toyo I believe. They are very aggressive. Great for bow hunting on the farm. Don't drive behind me, these tires fling the rocks!
I've got the Toyo Open Country A2's on my Explorer and love them. They ride well on the road and give plenty of grip off road and in the snow. I also get the stated 60,000 miles of of them (currently on my 3rd set with 219K on the odometer). I'll be replacing the Michelin's on my new F350 with the 10 ply Open Country's as soon as they wear out.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:21 PM
w6pea
Tuned
Originally Posted by SaddleTramp56
Nice looking truck and good luck with it. I have to back you up on the factory "all weather mats" Save the money, go with the carpeted mats for the summer and buy the weather techs. I made the mistake of listening to the dealer tell me how great the factory all weather mats are. No doubt they're "nice looking" but they don't cover much. In fact, the mat doesn't even reach under the gas and brake pedal so if you have sand on your feet, it's going to fall off right onto the carpet.
In your picture what color is your truck. Is it by chance Green Gem/ Caribou two tone, what color interior do you have also.
Thanks.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:27 PM
w6pea
Tuned
I went on Friday out to the Ford Dealer that's 25 miles from my house. I have a Ford Dealer that is 4 blocks east of my house on the East side of the Freeway aka Interstate HWY.
Any way I like this guy, doesn't BS you. Also he knows people that I know (but he doesn't realize that)
Any way I drove a F-250 Lariat CC/LB 4x4 6.7L POWER STROKE™ V8 TURBO DIESEL. I also drove an exact match except it had the 6.2L 2-VALVE V8 GAS.
I liked them both. Both Trucks were both exactly the same ecept for the engines. Both had the 6-speed SelectShift Automatic™ Transmission, The 6.2 L Gas V8 SRW 3.73 Rear End. The 6.7L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 SRW 3.31 rear end.
The 6.2L Gas has the 4.30 Rear end, as an option.You can get the 4.30 rear end with the 6.7L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 but you have to have DRW.

Next step is take SWMbO aka "She Who Must be Obeyed" out to test drive the truck.
Thanks guys for the input. I test drove a Lariat F-250 CC 4x4 Long bed Power Stroke, (what a sweet running truck) yesterday{Friday}. I need to really re-think the initial out lay for the diesel as compared to the gas and being as it is horrendous, and then if we need 4x4 or 4x2 drive.(more money) Had a 4x4 truck years ago when I got rid of it and bought a 4x2 truck my insurance dropped dramatically like almost $950.00 every six months. Decisions, Decisions......
Like a kid in the Candy Store when you go to the new car lot.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:37 AM
SaddleTramp56
New User
In your picture what color is your truck. Is it by chance Green Gem/ Caribou two tone, what color interior do you have also.
Thanks.

It's Gem Green/Magnetic Grey two tone with a black leather interior.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:50 AM
w6pea
Tuned
Originally Posted by SaddleTramp56
It's Gem Green/Magnetic Grey two tone with a black leather interior.
Thank You.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:30 PM
mrford49
Mountain Pass
LT tires!

Lt tires are now listed and you can be ordered with your new truck. I just ordered mine with LT truck tires. 2015 F150 XLT with the XLT Sport cloth seats. Crewcab with a 5.0 and 3.73 locking rear end. Race Red with NO chrome. Towing package with tow mirrors,I wish they would have offered a power fold and power telescoping. With the snow plow package.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:19 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Wishbone
...The rubber floor mat option leave a strip of carpet between kick panel and mat. Save the money and buy Weather tecs or aftermarket. They cover much better...
Could you upload a photo if this, or describe in greater detail the area you're talking about? I currently have 2 of these on the lot with the vinyl floor covering, and I don't see any carpet, anywhere. I do see some exposed sound deadener below the glove box, as the vinyl does not go up the firewall as far as the standard carpet does. Is this what you're referring to?

Old 05-16-2015, 07:08 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1956MarkII
Could you upload a photo if this, or describe in greater detail the area you're talking about? I currently have 2 of these on the lot with the vinyl floor covering, and I don't see any carpet, anywhere. I do see some exposed sound deadener below the glove box, as the vinyl does not go up the firewall as far as the standard carpet does. Is this what you're referring to?
He was talking about the factory ordered optional rubber floor mats.. They do leave a strip of carpet showing. My salesman talked me into getting them.. I wish I hadn't!

Old 05-17-2015, 12:18 PM
RIGGS II
New User
rmcbribe, how do you like the factory wheel well liners? Fit good? Good coverage?

Things I "added" to my order (for next week):
Lariat "Sport Pkg."
4x4
502A
5.0L
3.73:1 axle
6.6' box
Panoramic Moonroof thingy.
Wheel well inserts
Tow Pkg.
Tech Pkg.

Things I will change or add myself: