New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New to the site and new to me 99 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 11:40 PM
Kellyblues
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the site and new to me 99 F-150

Hello everyone.
I found this place looking for bed floor patch panels. I have a new to me 199 F-150 on its way to me from Florida. I should be getting to tomorrow. My brother drove it off the deal lot with 5 miles on it in 99. 235,000 miles & 16 years later its now my truck. He has taken very good care of the truck, its been his baby since he got it. The only bad part of the truck is the front floor of the bed where some corrosive material has caused it to rust out. Something I plan on getting taken care of asap because here in the Midwest rust belt that bed will go like a match. Other than the bed its a sound truck. I've uploaded the pictures he took before and after it got loaded for transport.

Aside from that one I have a 1970 F-100 with a flatbed that I'm parting with soon.

My family has always been ford truck fans. My dad drove a new 66 off the showroom floor. Wish we still had it. And in 79 he started the process of buying my mom a new truck. It was a process because how she wanted it painted. What she had done essentially became known as the " Victorian" two tone paint scheme. Her 1980 F-150 was two tone silver and black. I remember my dad saying getting Ford to do it how she wanted it was like pulling teeth . I wish we still had that one too.

A little about me personally. I stared working full time at age 16 so at 45 I have built some experience in a couple areas. I graduated Lincoln Tech in early 92. I've been in the automotive repair industry in several ways ever since. I've owned my own shops, worked in dealerships along with working in maw&paw shops over the years. I've maintained my ASE certifications for much of that time. I have all 8 making me an ASE master tech. But after years of putting up with people that want something for nothing and doing everything they can to make something your fault so they can get it I switched full time careers. But I've stayed in the auto repair industry to some capacity . About 18 years ago I switched to industrial maintenance full time. Several times over the years I've done both full time. I still do auto repair for a small number of people and I get at least 50 automotive questions a week at work. And of course keeping the fleet of vehicles in our family on the road. My wife and I have 5 kids all together and they ALL have cars. And the wife is a rural mail carrier and uses her own vehicle to deliver mail with. A large portion of her rout is gravel and will push a vehicle to its limits. I tell people if you want to know what a vehicle will withstand give it to a rural mail carrier somewhere in this country. Alone with years of automotive repair and industrial maintenance I've added things like welding, machining , all around electrician and a host of other things. I stay up with the advancing automotive technology and the needed tools best I can. Aside from those two I'm also a home and industrial sewing machine mechanic, and the only one for 50 mile radius around me. That alone gets out of hand. You may be thinking sewing machines are child's play but when your working on a machine that will stitch 1/4 rubber backed berber carpet to 1/8 plywood at 195 stitches a minute using a thred the size of common spaghetti through a needle that would make a surgeon cringe and won't slow down if you feed it fingers its not child's play anymore.

Well I've rattled enough. I look forward to getting to know my way around and getting to know everyone. Looks like there is a load of great information here.

KW

Old 02-09-2015, 01:43 AM
r___r
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forum!