6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

What would you fix on a 6.0?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 04:51 AM
78fordman
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
P132b probably. Check intake leaks, exhaust leaks and operation of the map, ebp, vgt and iat2 components.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:53 AM
6ohdslbilder
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As 78 said, I would look to make sure map hose is connected at the intake. Exhaust flange y pipe at the turbo seated correctly and iat. Also check for loose connections at all air tubes. Your glow plug codes are going to be caused more than likely by either 1 bad glow plug on those two cylinders or 2 bad glow plug harnesses.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Is it over kill to have the scan gauge II and the Edge insight? I currently have the Scan Gauge II and want to replace it with the edge for monitoring the fuel pressure and EGT. It seems redundant to have both.

Congrats on your first go round with the 6.0, I am debating on tackling the headgaskets and studs this summer when I get my Bronco out of storage....

Old 03-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Piolet
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gothere
I was wondering about the edge. Did see a post here that someone had issues with the Edge causing the tranny to slip, but to be honest that is the only negative post I've seen about it, and he was able to send unit back to get fixed i Believe, so... I do like the looks of the product, instead of having a set of gauges would be nice to just have small digital screen.

Also, I do have an SCT tuner already installed, and will add the Scangauge II to it as well, will the Edge work with these other 2 items installed, or will they conflict with each other? The SCT uses the OBD plug under steering wheel.

Sorry just learning all this, Thx
Edge makes a number of products. They have a digital screen version that has buttons and is not touch screen. It is the CS model.

They have a digital screen version that is touch screen. It is the CTS model.

The CTS is more expensive and the one most guys talk about when comparing it to a SGII. The CS is more affordable, but not as low as the SGII. Most guys don't know about the CS when comparing options for gauges. I think it is a better way to go than the SGII personally if you can swing it. I own both and after all the thousands of dollars I have spent on the truck from comforts, to mods, to upgrades, to maintenance, to repairs, the extra couple of bucks vanishes in that long list ... IMHO.

There have also been plenty of posts from guys who then traded up from the CS to the CTS at a later date and Edge gave them a great deal.

Also .... the EDGE CS and CTS models are gauges only. They do not program!!! They have other models with names like Evolution that do program. Those are the versions that can cause some tranny problems for our trucks.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:05 AM
Piolet
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Toyman
Is it over kill to have the scan gauge II and the Edge insight? I currently have the Scan Gauge II and want to replace it with the edge for monitoring the fuel pressure and EGT. It seems redundant to have both.
They both plug in to the OBD port so you won't be able to use both at the same time. I believe you can get an OBD Y-splitter but I think I have read of that causing problems with the readings. You'll have to check that.

The SGII displays 4 readings at a time. It reads the parameters that you tell it to, meaning you have to program them all in. As new ones become known you can add them.

The Edge comes with a list of parameters already programmed. As new ones become available you can get updates from the internet through a usb cable. It can display up to 10 parameters at once. It can also be turned on while the truck is off and it will stay on and display values as you go through KOEO and cranking, which is nice for monitoring the health of the truck and diagnosing a number of issues later if you need to.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Piolet
They both plug in to the OBD port so you won't be able to use both at the same time. I believe you can get an OBD Y-splitter but I think I have read of that causing problems with the readings. You'll have to check that.

The SGII displays 4 readings at a time. It reads the parameters that you tell it to, meaning you have to program them all in. As new ones become known you can add them.

The Edge comes with a list of parameters already programmed. As new ones become available you can get updates from the internet through a usb cable. It can display up to 10 parameters at once. It can also be turned on while the truck is off and it will stay on and display values as you go through KOEO and cranking, which is nice for monitoring the health of the truck and diagnosing a number of issues later if you need to.
That is why I was questioning the use of the scan gauge II if the CTS is purchased. I like the thought of being able to see more than the 4 things on the display at a time. I like the SGII that I have, but the CTS is much efficient in displaying more.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:27 AM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
it's good to have a back up imo. You may need to help a buddy.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Gothere
Senior User
Hi guys, sorry for the delay n getting back to this thread.

Well, got the truck running yesterday, overall started good, had the codes P0672/P0675, then got the P132B.

Checked the MAP hose and that was off, but the P132B didn't go away, and I was getting exhaust under the hood. So apparently I didn't get the intake and exhaust set as I should have, had to realign the turbo, and that took quite awhile.

Long story short, just now got everything buttoned up and did the test drive, yeah no codes....well except for the glow plug issue, cylnder 2 & 5, that will have to be chased down later though.

I do want to thank everyone for giving the good adivce I needed to get this project completed.

Tomorrow, I jump in the truck and take it on a 2 hr drive pulling a 5K lb. boat. Hopefully things go well.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:02 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Talk about putting it off til the last moment lol

Glad to hear it's running good!

Old 03-05-2015, 11:02 PM
Gothere
Senior User
Originally Posted by Toyman

Congrats on your first go round with the 6.0, I am debating on tackling the headgaskets and studs this summer when I get my Bronco out of storage....
It probably is overkill, but I do like having both, will probably try use the splitter and see if that works out. If it docent work out I probably will use the Scangauge for my Mustang, and the Edge for the 250..

Would of liked to do the HG's but just was getting too damn overwhelming with everything else. HG's and Stand pipes/dummy pipes will be done probably this fall.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:05 PM
Gothere
Senior User
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
Talk about putting it off til the last moment lol

Glad to hear it's running good!
Thx man...

Been working on this thing for too long... ready to sit at a campfire and have a Jim and Coke....