Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Spring CS&W

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 08:06 AM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Looks like the best available dates so far are March 21/22 or April 19/20

Either of these dates cause conflict with anyone right now?

Old 02-17-2015, 08:53 AM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Should work for me at this point.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:17 PM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
Do we want to just go with April? Weather should be about ideal

Old 02-22-2015, 10:05 AM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
April sounds good.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:21 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Werks fer me.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:24 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
April 18-19th works for me!

Old 02-23-2015, 06:12 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Maddie's bday is mar 21, Sophia's is April 18th, so i'm out for both those weekends. : (

Old 02-23-2015, 05:40 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What is this for? I was reading the beginning of the thread, but got lost I guess.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:22 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Years un years ago I found this site and attended an event in Wichita. I love to camp in remote areas of Utah and Colorado. There is an Off Road area in KS open to all vehicles located at the north west end of Tuttle Creek Lake near the town of Randolph Kansas. I sponsored an event and others caught the bug. This became what I called a Camp, Shoot and Wheel weekend. I like to camp at the Fancy Creek campground on the west side just north of the Off Road Park. The out door range is adjacent to the campground and the ORV area is just a couple miles south. I used to feed folks stuff like campfire pizza or chuck wagon chili.

I plan to drive up Friday after work and camp at the campground. Not sure how much wheeling I will do but I need some range time on some shotin iron's. This is a link for the location: Fancy Creek / Areas / Tuttle Creek / Locations / State Parks / KDWPT - KDWPT

I tent camp and will have a campfire going (weather permitting). I might make an evening drive through the orv area Friday evening or early Saturday morning before the range opens. But most of my time will be kicking back at the campfire or at the shooting range. your welcome to join us. There are motel rooms close if that is more to your liking. Or some folks just drive up for the day.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:03 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Originally Posted by HappyJack
Years un years ago I found this site and attended an event in Wichita. I love to camp in remote areas of Utah and Colorado. There is an Off Road area in KS open to all vehicles located at the north west end of Tuttle Creek Lake near the town of Randolph Kansas. I sponsored an event and others caught the bug. This became what I called a Camp, Shoot and Wheel weekend. I like to camp at the Fancy Creek campground on the west side just north of the Off Road Park. The out door range is adjacent to the campground and the ORV area is just a couple miles south. I used to feed folks stuff like campfire pizza or chuck wagon chili.

I plan to drive up Friday after work and camp at the campground. Not sure how much wheeling I will do but I need some range time on some shotin iron's. This is a link for the location: Fancy Creek / Areas / Tuttle Creek / Locations / State Parks / KDWPT - KDWPT

I tent camp and will have a campfire going (weather permitting). I might make an evening drive through the orv area Friday evening or early Saturday morning before the range opens. But most of my time will be kicking back at the campfire or at the shooting range. your welcome to join us. There are motel rooms close if that is more to your liking. Or some folks just drive up for the day.

I am familiar with Tuttle, I have gone riding out there a time or 2. If we aren't busy or working on those days, I'll come check it out! I don't think I'll be doing much riding, since the quad still needs some work. And it won't be ready by then with everything going on! Or shooting, since I won't have my guns with me.
I grew up in the country! If your going to enjoy the outdoors, at least enjoy them! If anything, I'll pop the tent up, and then just leave the mosquito net up weather permitting, to keep the bugs, if any out.

I'll keep an eye out for the final dates!

Old 02-24-2015, 08:01 AM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
CS&W is one of the biggest events of my calendar year, it's great! It's where I caught this darn offroading bug that I haven't ever been able to shake

Hope to see you there, it's always good to finally see the face behind the screenname

Old 02-24-2015, 12:01 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
For sure! Like I said, maybe rearrange priorities and get the quad fixed, then all I'lll need a ball hitch and trailer, and just pull it out there with my car. Offroading in my Audi didn't go so well last time I did it!

Old 02-24-2015, 06:54 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
FYI there are 2 off road areas at Tuttle. The area we will be at is up north and the trails have a lot of rocks and are more suited for full size trucks or 4x4 atv's with wheels and tires suited for that terrain. If you quad is 2wd and has aluminum wheels I'd be reluctant to do a lot at this area. The riding area down at the spill way and over at Milford Lake might be more suited for it. My sons have 2wd sport atv's they take down to the sand dunes and would not think of bringing them up to this area to ride.

I have one or two shootin irons I could bring up if folks want to shoot. I have a small amount of ammo to share but if you'd like to put a bunch of rounds down range I'd ask you to provide your own ammunition. Just let me know what you'd like to shoot.

I let my web site expire and can't post maps or pictures on this site. But I do have maps that show the area and location where I like to camp. Fancy Creek does not have water. It has electric hookups and 2 pit toilet's. I have had cell service where I like to camp but it can be hit and miss sometimes.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:48 AM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Ah, well I am usually riding in the mud pits and trails. It's just a 200 blaster, nothing special, but without a skid plate, I probably wouldn't brave the rock climbing.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:38 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Garden Spyder
Maddie's bday is mar 21, Sophia's is April 18th, so i'm out for both those weekends. : (
Pooooooooooooooooop!

Quick Reply: Spring CS&W