6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Looking At Trading For A 6.0L

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 06:54 AM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a small hiccup dealing with the bank. The bank where my Harley truck is financed didn't approve the loan for the Excursion. Same amount for the a vehicle that's worth the same. WTF??!! So I went to a local bank where I have the majority of my other loans financed. He said the best he could do is a 4 year loan (which is fine) but at 7% interest. I was about to cry. My only choices are go to another bank and only get a 3 year loan at a slightly lower interest rate (which would be around $100 more a month), take the deal with my bank, or not get it at all. I decided to bite the bullet and go with 7%. The plan is sell/pay off some of my other loans and get the Excursion paid off as quick as possible.

But the good news is, if all goes as planned, Ill be driving an Excursion tomorrow night!

Old 01-23-2015, 07:26 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
Had a small hiccup dealing with the bank. The bank where my Harley truck is financed didn't approve the loan for the Excursion. Same amount for the a vehicle that's worth the same. WTF??!! So I went to a local bank where I have the majority of my other loans financed. He said the best he could do is a 4 year loan (which is fine) but at 7% interest. I was about to cry. My only choices are go to another bank and only get a 3 year loan at a slightly lower interest rate (which would be around $100 more a month), take the deal with my bank, or not get it at all. I decided to bite the bullet and go with 7%. The plan is sell/pay off some of my other loans and get the Excursion paid off as quick as possible. But the good news is, if all goes as planned, Ill be driving an Excursion tomorrow night!
Banks, insurance companies, other financial institutions laughed at me when I said I wanted to finance my 2005 Excursion.

So I went to my Dad's credit union and the only question they asked was: "How much do you need?"

They also got me a ridiculously low rate too! (If I told you what it was, you'd leave what you were doing and come slap me) So before you take the deal with the bank, check with a credit union. They're much cooler about things than banks.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:09 AM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Credit Unions are awesome - plus mines gives me a 1-2% rebate on loan interest each year.. plus a bonus on savings interest as well. (Insight Credit Union, formerly BellTel from my mom's/grandparents days)

Old 01-23-2015, 08:33 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good deal JP! The bank here in town where my whole family has banked for the last 60+ years is pretty good to me whenever I need somthing done, when I bought my 7.3, the value (to them) was a couple hundred short of what I needed. No big deal, walked out of there with the money and went and bought my truck!

I have heard though that credit unions are the bomb, like someone else here said, banks and insurance companies are goofy sometimes. lol.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:41 AM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
A credit union was the one who wouldn't finance me lol. Too much "debt to income", even though I was financing the EXACT amount of debt I already have...

And I have even better news! The good lord was on my side today. Iv been down in the dumps since my local bank said 7% for 4 years. So I walked in there today and said
"is there any way I can get 6%?"
Opens my file
"Sure! No problem!"

Hael yea!!! At least now my payment will be exactly what I was paying before instead of more

Old 01-23-2015, 12:29 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All financial institutions can be goofy. Anything dealing with money. Lol.

Good deal JP. It sounds like it's meant to be!

Old 01-23-2015, 03:54 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
I am watching THIS!!

Old 01-24-2015, 01:37 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Sorry for the late reply guys! Iv been running around like a chicken with my head chopped off the past few days between getting the titles figured out and going to work.

I officially own it! Put the plates on it today. Iv actually already pulled a trailer with it for the first time today also lol. Did pretty dang good for a big truck with 3.73s

I have a couple lights on the dash. One is ABS (im less worried about) and the other is the water in fuel light. I believe where the sensor is, is leaking. Im not sure if this is throwing off the sensor or whats going on. I also put some fuel in it last night and the filler neck is rusty. Eek!

Pics of the X soon to come!

Old 01-24-2015, 02:06 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Congrats and welcome to the 6.0 Family!!!!

With regard To the WIF light, if it's on, there's a good chance there is water in the fuel and the HFCM on the frame rail needs to be drained. Before you do that, two things:

-Stop by Autozone or Tractor Supply and pick up some Diesel Extreme. This will inhibit the corrosion you may experience with the wif and will also clean the fuel system from the tank to the injectors themselves. Dump the full bottle in with a full tank and drive the **** out of the truck on the highway.

-Look into the updated HFCM drain plug, it's a thumbscrew that you can easily R&R as opposed to the stock screw that requires an Allen wrench and sometimes strips.

Futhermore...

Drain the HFCM, it won't take too much, but if you do it on a full tank on a flat road, you CAN drain the tank that way and get a diesel bath. Ask me how I know.

As I previously suggested, pick up a Scangauge to keep and eye on things as you're driving.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:58 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
That's what I was afraid of... The good news is were planning a vacation at the end of February with a 6ish hour drive. Thatd be perfect to run that stuff through the system.

Any thoughts on the rusty filler neck? Related to the WIF?

Old 01-24-2015, 06:03 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
That's what I was afraid of... The good news is were planning a vacation at the end of February with a 6ish hour drive. Thatd be perfect to run that stuff through the system. Any thoughts on the rusty filler neck? Related to the WIF?
If you live in a state where they use salt on the road, that's a common occurrence. It takes time, but it does happen.

It's easily replaceable, you just need to drop the tank a little.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:52 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
How much does the Hot Shot costs in your area?

I typically go off prices on Amazon. Theyre usually pretty close but sometimes way off lol

Old 01-24-2015, 08:55 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
How much does the Hot Shot costs in your area? I typically go off prices on Amazon. Theyre usually pretty close but sometimes way off lol
I think it's unilateral pricing, so no matter where you go it's the same price.

The stiction eliminator costs $50 and the Diesel Extreme Fuel additive costs $11-$14.

You can find both at either Autozone and Tractor Supply.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:27 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Its nail on the head then. $49.99 and $12.42 w/ free shipping

Iv had a new problem surface. Not so much a problem as an annoyance. My tow/haul light likes to turn itself on and not like to turn back off. It does all the stuff its supposed to when its on (higher shift points and downshifting). I push the button and it stays on, but if I push my gear selector towards the dash, it goes out. Iv found dropping the selector down into 1st or 2nd and back to drive, it goes out.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:29 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Its nail on the head then. $49.99 and $12.42 w/ free shipping

Iv had a new problem surface. Not so much a problem as an annoyance. My tow/haul light likes to turn itself on and not like to turn back off. It does all the stuff its supposed to when its on (higher shift points and downshifting). I push the button and it stays on, but if I push my gear selector towards the dash, it goes out. Iv found dropping the selector down into 1st or 2nd and back to drive, it goes out.
Sounds like some wire chaffing going on. You may just need to pull the gear selector and see if wires are chaffing.

You still haven't posted pics of your newest acquisition....

Quick Reply: Looking At Trading For A 6.0L