RI 2015 BS THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 05:06 AM
dynamic
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey bigmacwelds,

Welcome to be forum.

This chapter is a little light on the chatter, but their certainly is a wealth of knowledgeable members here in Rhode Island but also site wide.

Your truck sounds like it is suffering from standard superdury neglect. I've pretty much done everything twice on my 04 superduty. Front end. Brakes. Hubs. Carrier bearing. 6" lift. Multiple exhausts. You name it I've probably done it.

I as well do most of my repairs in the drive way. I have a garage but my beast doesn't fit in the garage.

I am in Woonsocket.

Again. Welcome.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:27 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good afternoon everyone~

Old 11-28-2015, 01:35 PM
dynamic
FTE Chapter Leader

I hope everyone had a great turkey day. Hope all is well with all. Have a great weekend

Old 11-28-2015, 04:59 PM
BigMacWelds
Cross-Country
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Same to you and all the rest on this thread. Happy Holidays! Hope everyone gets that new turbo or supercharger we've been asking Santa for for the past, I don't know, 100 years! Enjoy and prosper...

Old 12-03-2015, 09:57 AM
WADE MMT/PSD
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning Islanders!!!! Long time no post.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:13 AM
BigMacWelds
Cross-Country
I wanted to throw this out there to my fellow Rhode Islanders: I'm interested in renting some space, preferably in a garage with a vehicle lift, where I can work on my SD without having to deal with the elements. No, I don't have a place in mind yet, but I was thinking that it'd be more cost-effective if there was a co-op of sorts of others who'd like to pursue the same dream. Personally, I could budget somewhere between $400-500/month but I presume that once a garage was found, the cost would be higher so that's why I thought about the co-op approach. Any thoughts? Anybody have any leads on potential property that might be or become available? Thanks.

Doug (BigMacWelds)

Old 12-03-2015, 10:16 AM
BigMacWelds
Cross-Country
Good morning, WADE! Welcome back...and no, I don't believe I know you or you, me, but hey, that's what it's all about...meeting, greeting, sharing...ENTHUSIASTS!

Old 12-03-2015, 10:23 AM
WADE MMT/PSD
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by BigMacWelds
Good morning, WADE! Welcome back...and no, I don't believe I know you or you, me, but hey, that's what it's all about...meeting, greeting, sharing...ENTHUSIASTS!
You got that right. This place is fantastic. All manner of information and real world experiences are here to lean on. I like your idea about the co-op garage. It's just a little far for me. You have some plans for the rig?

Old 12-03-2015, 10:33 AM
BigMacWelds
Cross-Country
I'm inevitably gonna have to replace the bed with a take-off, but along with that'll come some much-needed de-rusting on the frame, ***-end, everywhere underneath. So, I don't relish trying to do that in the driveway! Plus, with a lift, I'd be able to remove/swap the bed over, too. I have some rot at the inner rocker panels where the steps mount...always a bad idea mounting steps to the body. I had a 97 CC that I fabbed up some individual steps at each door that mounted to the frame to avoid just this same situation. If I can put it up on a lift out of the elements, I can plasma cut it out and weld in some patch panels of sorts. I've already had the front/rear axles out for ball joints/axle seals (front) and e-brake backing plates/brakes/calipers (rear) over the summer. Most everything else seems to be ok for now (knock on wood!). Just chasing that damn rust!!!!

Old 12-03-2015, 10:48 AM
WADE MMT/PSD
Former Vendor
Oh I am quite familiar with that. Blasted my frame and POR15 over the thing. Messy messy messy, but SO worth it. I have a 2013 bed on my 2000. Love it!!! Good luck and know your not alone with this struggle. LOL

Old 12-03-2015, 11:05 AM
BigMacWelds
Cross-Country
Thanks! Merry Christmas and Enjoy the Holidays!

Old 12-05-2015, 05:34 PM
dynamic
FTE Chapter Leader

all of us ford knuckleheads share the same dilemma with our trucks. The ball joints fail, the beds rot, the rockers rot, the cab corners rot, the bed crossmembers rot, the spark plugs spit out, the diesels have tons of issues....

But I will fix my Ford DAILY before I drive a Chevy....

Wade, Glad your still happy with the bed. Just wish we had more.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:42 PM
dynamic
FTE Chapter Leader

Well another weekend comes to an end.

Did everyone have a productive or relaxing weekend, depending on your idea of a good weekend.

Me...

I worked half a day on Saturday, as usual. Then I went and bought a unfinished project car one of my buddies gave up on. Time to part another one out.

Then I came home and built some transport/storage stands for the engine that is going in my Crew Cab project.

Sunday/today was put the engine in day.... but then I realized that I was missing a friggin dowel pin on the back of the 4.6 engine.....

So instead I managed to put the new pressure plate and clutch on at least.

Then I pulled down the miles of wires that need to be put into my Crew cab, so I could bring that home to start thinning out.....

Once I got home... I removed the rear axle from the Chassis that came with my Coe project. I am scrapping the econoline cab and 56 f250 chassis once the axle is sold and off my trailer.

whew... I feel like I got something accomplished this weekend...

HOW ABOUT YOU!!!!

Old 12-07-2015, 07:27 AM
BigMacWelds
Cross-Country
Wow! That's a LOT more productive than I was. On Sat I had a family event to attend and Sunday my neighbor came over and to see if I wanted to go golfing...Y-E-S!!!!! I love the idea of playing golf in December in RI!!!! Glad to hear somebody worked on their ride.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:43 PM
WADE MMT/PSD
Former Vendor
Good afternoon Islanders. Tom , you never fail to amaze me with your get'r'done go get 'em, no rest time management!! I worked a 12 hour day at my buddies house Saturday. Then Sunday was property management at moms. MIL and a little at my house. I did look at and drive the truck though

Now, about this golf in December thing. Totally interested. I played Turkey day morning and think I'll get out Sunday possibly.

Have a great week guys!

Quick Reply: RI 2015 BS THREAD