6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Best place to buy Recon lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:33 PM
superdutyon37s
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best place to buy Recon lights

Finally in the market for Recons all the way around my 13 250 Platinum. Where is the best place (Cheapest) to purchase. I want the smoked headlights, mirror lights, cab lights, 3rd brake light, and tail lights. I will purchase all for the right price.

Thanks in advance and Merry XMAS to me!!

Old 12-02-2014, 06:10 PM
NHMatt
Freshman User
I'm not sure about the cheapest. I've always just gotten them directly from Recon. They've been running some specials lately (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc.)

Old 12-02-2014, 06:14 PM
superdutyon37s
Senior User
Originally Posted by NHMatt
I'm not sure about the cheapest. I've always just gotten them directly from Recon. They've been running some specials lately (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc.)
Yea, they said $1,200.00 for the whole set. I know someone can go cheaper than that.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:43 PM
NHMatt
Freshman User
If you're willing to wait on the headlights (or perhaps do something different for headlights), it would knock the price down to 1/3rd to 1/2 of that total.

I did everything other than headlights (but in clear instead of smoked). Instead of going with Recons, I'm merely going to have the amber side reflectors replaced with clear ones (only costs ~280 in parts and labor from Blue Flame Customs, rather than $700+). Mind you, it's a much more subtle change than going to halos and HIDs, etc., but... it knocked the price down substantially for what I wanted to do.

Just an alternative option...

Good luck! Definitely post pictures once you've made the changes!

Old 12-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Blapensee
Elder User
Originally Posted by superdutyon37s
Finally in the market for Recons all the way around my 13 250 Platinum. Where is the best place (Cheapest) to purchase. I want the smoked headlights, mirror lights, cab lights, 3rd brake light, and tail lights. I will purchase all for the right price.

Thanks in advance and Merry XMAS to me!!
go to there website and use promo code "instacyber" for 20% off and free shipping..best deal you will find but don't wait to do it

Old 12-03-2014, 06:22 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,201 Likes on 575 Posts
The best thing you can do is NEVER order anything from Recon. They are a HORRIBLE company to deal with. There are many other brands to choose from that deserve your hard earned money a million times more. However, if no other brand will do, then under no circumstance should you order from them directly! Order from a retailer who can deal with their atrocious staff on your behalf... Here is my experience with them:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...orry-long.html

You've been warned...............

Old 12-03-2014, 03:38 PM
superdutyon37s
Senior User
If you're willing to wait on the headlights (or perhaps do something different for headlights), it would knock the price down to 1/3rd to 1/2 of that total.

I did everything other than headlights (but in clear instead of smoked). Instead of going with Recons, I'm merely going to have the amber side reflectors replaced with clear ones (only costs ~280 in parts and labor from Blue Flame Customs, rather than $700+). Mind you, it's a much more subtle change than going to halos and HIDs, etc., but... it knocked the price down substantially for what I wanted to do.

Just an alternative option...

Good luck! Definitely post pictures once you've made the changes!
I just think the smoked look on their lights looks way more appealing and less cheesy compared to other brands. I may just get all lights except the headlights. I saw some other ones on Ebay for like $280 which is like half the price of Recons. I just thought they were quality lights. Customer service is nice but overall i'm looking for a quality PRODUCT. Thanks for the input fellas and I will most def. post pics when I get them on. Only been waiting a year to get them!

Old 12-03-2014, 06:54 PM
NHMatt
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
The best thing you can do is NEVER order anything from Recon. They are a HORRIBLE company to deal with. There are many other brands to choose from that deserve your hard earned money a million times more. However, if no other brand will do, then under no circumstance should you order from them directly! Order from a retailer who can deal with their atrocious staff on your behalf... Here is my experience with them:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...orry-long.html

You've been warned...............
A couple things to note....

- That original thread is ~2 years old
- At least one message within that thread mentioned "I've never had a problem ordering from them"
- Having ordered from them back in '08, and having ordered from them again in August, I can tell you that they've significantly improved some aspects of their customer service. For instance, one of the items within my recent order happened to be back-ordered... but I never got an email providing an ETA or any other information. I waited a couple of weeks, and then decided to send an email to "sales". I got a reply within minutes answering my questions and providing me with an accurate ETA.

I like their products quite a bit, they're clearly dedicated to the development of (needed) accessories for our trucks and from what I can tell, they've worked to resolve at least some of the customer service issues of the past.

While I'm not in any way affiliated with them (merely a two-time customer who outfitted his '07 and now his '15 with their lighting products), I just wanted to mention my experiences with Recon to the thread.

Hope that helps,
-Matt

Old 12-03-2014, 07:19 PM
superdutyon37s
Senior User

- At least one message within that thread mentioned "I've never had a problem ordering from them"
- Having ordered from them back in '08, and having ordered from them again in August, I can tell you that they've significantly improved some aspects of their customer service. For instance, one of the items within my recent order happened to be back-ordered... but I never got an email providing an ETA or any other information. I waited a couple of weeks, and then decided to send an email to "sales". I got a reply within minutes answering my questions and providing me with an accurate ETA.

I like their products quite a bit, they're clearly dedicated to the development of (needed) accessories for our trucks and from what I can tell, they've worked to resolve at least some of the customer service issues of the past.

While I'm not in any way affiliated with them (merely a two-time customer who outfitted his '07 and now his '15 with their lighting products), I just wanted to mention my experiences with Recon to the thread.

Hope that helps,
-Matt
Yea, I also saw that the negativity in the posts on that thread weren't what I call major issues. It's all personal preference I guess. I went ahead and ordered all lights EXCEPT the headlights. I'm going to look around a little more and make that decision. Not to mention it's getting cold here in Wisconsin, so who knows when I'd have the time to get to installing the headlights?

Old 12-03-2014, 09:14 PM
NHMatt
Freshman User
Yea, I also saw that the negativity in the posts on that thread weren't what I call major issues. It's all personal preference I guess. I went ahead and ordered all lights EXCEPT the headlights. I'm going to look around a little more and make that decision. Not to mention it's getting cold here in Wisconsin, so who knows when I'd have the time to get to installing the headlights?

Congrats on the purchase. I hope you have a good experience. The installs for what you bought are pretty easy and don't take much time. They only took me maybe an hour or two when I did mine in October.

Be sure to post a picture or two of the finished product!

Old 12-04-2014, 08:05 AM
System
Prolocutor

Hope that helps,
-Matt
I'll get over it when they give me back the $90 they screwed me out of in the deal. Until then, I will cost them as much business as possible. Total sleazes the lot of them. I didn't talk to one honest personal during the whole process and they wouldn't reimburse me due to their mistake. There are a lot of people who make good products. It's service during and after the sale that brings repeat customers. You got good service so of course you went back. I got awful service so I won't and will warn others of the possibility that they can possibly get the same.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:07 AM
System
Prolocutor
You saw the negativity and were surprised based on the experience I had? I lost money due to their awful service and I should be ok with that and say, awe shucks, ***** happens? LOL. Yeah, lets reward bad business models with repeat service.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:22 PM
superdutyon37s
Senior User
You saw the negativity and were surprised based on the experience I had? I lost money due to their awful service and I should be ok with that and say, awe shucks, ***** happens? LOL. Yeah, lets reward bad business models with repeat service.
I understand your situation and frustration, however, I haven't had any issues with my purchase so far and no confusions. As a business owner myself I understand not everyone is always satisfied. Too each his own, but I appreciate your feedback. EVERY company on this earth will have bad reviews here and there. From your thread I didn't see anything that was in my opinion a huge issue for myself not to do business with them. Hope you get it worked out buddy.

I'll def. be posting pics when I get them installed, but I may want to wait until I get the headlights.....We'll see!!

What other brand headlights did you guys purchase and how have they held up??

Old 12-04-2014, 12:27 PM
System
Prolocutor
I understand your situation and frustration, however, I haven't had any issues with my purchase so far and no confusions. As a business owner myself I understand not everyone is always satisfied. Too each his own, but I appreciate your feedback. EVERY company on this earth will have bad reviews here and there. From your thread I didn't see anything that was in my opinion a huge issue for myself not to do business with them. Hope you get it worked out buddy.

I'll def. be posting pics when I get them installed, but I may want to wait until I get the headlights.....We'll see!!

What other brand headlights did you guys purchase and how have they held up??
I hear you on being a business owner as I too am the 4th generation in my family running ours. I can't imagine staying in business treating people like Recon treated me. Ah well, you are correct in that I do read many good reviews on the products themselves from Recon. That's why I ordered the ones for my truck in the first place and why I suggested if you were to buy them, just use a retailer in case something goes wrong. Plus, the retailers are usually cheaper than direct.

As to what else to do for headlights, I did a ton of research on this. No new housings will do the same job as a HID retrofit in your existing lamps. If you want it perfect, this is not a do it yourself job. Places like Black Flame Customs does a great job with this type of project and will give you back a system that is plug and play. It's more expensive than the Recon et al route but a hugely better setup... Good luck with your build!

Old 12-04-2014, 12:35 PM
superdutyon37s
Senior User
I hear you on being a business owner as I too am the 4th generation in my family running ours. I can't imagine staying in business treating people like Recon treated me. Ah well, you are correct in that I do read many good reviews on the products themselves from Recon. That's why I ordered the ones for my truck in the first place and why I suggested if you were to buy them, just use a retailer in case something goes wrong. Plus, the retailers are usually cheaper than direct.

As to what else to do for headlights, I did a ton of research on this. No new housings will do the same job as a HID retrofit in your existing lamps. If you want it perfect, this is not a do it yourself job. Places like Black Flame Customs does a great job with this type of project and will give you back a system that is plug and play. It's more expensive than the Recon et al route but a hugely better setup... Good luck with your build!
I agree. What I was getting at was Recon is a big company I would assume. I'm also assuming you spoke with a SALESMAN (who never give a **** about anything except sales) and maybe he is one of the few bad seeds at the company. Basically, he wanted his commission, which is petty. I highly doubt the company as a whole is like that, hence why so many people buy their products. If that makes any sense to you. Good luck brother!

Quick Reply: Best place to buy Recon lights