Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear bench raise on 1990 f150 ext cab

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 04:49 PM
Vanhecht
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody used one of those kits to raise the rear bench seat by 4.5" before? i bought one but cannot pu tit in till i get home from camp pendleton, and i was wondering what kinda overall clearance i can expect to get. i am gonna try and put 10" s in homemade boxes under the rear seat. any suggestions appreciated....later
eric

Old 07-17-2003, 06:29 PM
rusty9
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i put one in my 1988 f250 Extended Cab. Got mine from Calmar industries i believe. your clearance will be an extra 4" from what you have now. It is probably not enough for sub boxes. i did put my 10" sub and box under there. what i did was i sunk the box into the middle of the seat so now it acts as an armrest for 2 passengers. the sub now "hangs" off the seat bottom and fires into the floor. awesome sound. i never have the seat up anyway, i have it folded out always. it is where the dog lays. she loves it cause she can now look out the windows while lying down. it was a bit tricky getting it in their but it sounds awesome. this was the only way i could get the sub box "under" the seat was by sinking it into the seat itself. i know the later model trucks will provide enough clearance for the sub box underneath but not ours. i also put all my amps and crossovers under there as well. i screwed them all to a piece of wood and then bolted that to the floor. i have a great strereo with lots of gear that noone can see. it is a bit different but works for me.