1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated my mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Army RET
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Updated my mirrors

Original equipment on my 02 F250 were the fixed paddle type mirrors. They were just fine, maybe dated, until recently (when I purchased a wider camper).

Somewhere on this site it was suggested to shop at 1A Auto for upgraded 08 tow type mirrors. I shopped around and found many cheaper mirrors, to include some on eBay that appeared similar (but about $62 cheaper).

It took me several days to follow y'alls advice. I ordered them Wed. 3:40PM my time, and opted for the free ground delivery.
They were delivered Fri. at 3:10PM, after riding the UPS truck since 0430AM.

Now installed, test drove and they are vibration free, optically fine. So maybe I paid more but THEY ARE WORTH IT.

Good product, good company.

2002 Ford F250 Super Duty Truck Manual Telescoping Towing Upgrade Mirror Pair at 1A Auto.com

Old 11-14-2014, 05:53 PM
Army RET
Posting Guru
Added info. I was unable to find out just how much these mirrors extended. The answer is Each Mirror/ fully closed to fully open - is at least a 2 inch gain, so a minimum outward extension of 4 inches side to side.

Additionally these new mirrors in the "closed" position sit further away from the doors, so the advantage is quite a bit more than the old paddle type.

Plus the main mirror itself is larger than I had originally and then it adds the panoramic view mirrors.

I'll be hitching up the fifth in about 3 weeks and then I'll really know.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Pics are nice!!!

Having done a similar swap on my old truck, I can tell you right now - you're going to love them...

Old 11-15-2014, 06:56 AM
Sandman04
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice man I am wanting to do the same to my truck but I have the nontelescoping big mirrors on my truck. and I agree with big-foot pics are always a good thing!

Old 11-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Army RET
Posting Guru
Because this site makes folks jump thru hoops to post pics I won't be posting any. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:32 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Army RET
Because this site makes folks jump thru hoops to post pics I won't be posting any. Not a complaint, just an observation.
Actually, this site is easier than most I frequent since it will automatically resize the pics you're uploading - but it is a PITB with an iPad... Not sure about other devices / computers..

Old 11-15-2014, 09:08 AM
Super Duty DJ
More Turbo
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts
It is really easy to post pics if you first post them to your gallery. Once they are in your gallery, it is very easy to insert them into a thread.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:18 AM
vortec 1
Elder User
Thanks for the review. I have always had the telescoping mirrors and don't know why they even put a paddle mirror on Superduty's. I want to get these in the spring after I get my new body panels to give it an updated look. Thanks again for giving a review on the product.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:28 AM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Super Duty DJ
It is really easy to post pics if you first post them to your gallery. Once they are in your gallery, it is very easy to insert them into a thread.
Correct. If you go to your user cp you will see a tab on the left that says "pictures and albums." After you click that it will have a "create album" tab that you click. Once your album is created you just click the upload photo from url or upload photo from computer link to add photos to your album. Once the photo is uploaded you just copy the url and post it in your reply.

If you have a facebook profile or any other third party site you can copy the url of the photo and paste it in your reply too.

The easiest way for me to post photos is with the app. You can take pics with your phone and upload them directly to the site without having to add it to a gallery or any other website. Let me know if you need any help.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Army RET
Posting Guru
Not to be persnickety but I belong to five sites of interest to me. Every one of them allows me to directly post a pic into the post I'm making at that time. So simple, so elegant.

I'm glad several of y'all found this review helpful, and I again thank whoever it was that sent me looking there. The eBay one was tempting but your personal recommendation trumped gambling with another unknown mirror. Do it right the first time.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:11 PM
phillips91
Postmaster
Not to be persnickety but I belong to five sites of interest to me. Every one of them allows me to directly post a pic into the post I'm making at that time. So simple, so elegant.
This site does that as well. I like to add my photos to my albums to make searching at a later date easier, but it isn't required to post them in a message. If you just want to post it, click on the mountain logo above the reply box, click browse computer and then select the photo you want to insert in your reply.

Old 11-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Army RET
Posting Guru
Mountain Logo, what mountain logo? Where (above the reply box) is it?

Old 11-15-2014, 05:03 PM
phillips91
Postmaster
When you are typing your reply look directly above the reply box where you change font, bold, italics, etc. It is the yellow square with mountain and sun on it.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:49 PM
1MrBrian1
Junior User
This button is what you're looking for

Old 11-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Army RET
Posting Guru

Mines bigger than yours!

Looking for mountain.

Quick Reply: Updated my mirrors