1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Dawsonville Moonshine Festival

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 03:05 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Dawsonville Moonshine Festival

Went to Dawsonville Ga for a huge car show and festival . Took over an hour to go the last 7 miles . When you get there you have to park about a mile away , and ride a shuttle , that has to travel in the same traffic jam . I kept going and got right up to the car show and there was a large parking lot next to it that you drive buy , I could see at least a dozen spot that where empty , but the young woman directing traffic would not let me enter , she said it was full . I learned a long time ago don't argue with a woman . I turned around and headed out , way to many people and traffic for me . So I took the Z3 with the top down and headed for Delonaga Ga , Wrong they had their Gold rush festival going on couldn't, get into town , Ok over the mountain's , and Off to Helen Ga , Not , 5 miles from Town stuck in traffic and took 45 minutes to go 9/10s of a mile . Gave up and went home . I think 1/2 of Florida must be in the north Ga mountains . To bad about Dawsonville it is a real good show .

Old 10-25-2014, 03:53 PM
toby tough
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mass quantities of people never did anything for me except make me glad I live where I do now. Must have been a good show though with all those people. I remember sitting in jail in Valdosta,GA. overnite for a speeding ticket. They didn't close the door to the cell so I was more of a guest so to speak. Always liked it down that way.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:06 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts
Everyone out seeing the leaves in addition to those going to the show. I have to agree with toby tough, glad I live where I do now. Spent too many hours in traffic jams while living and working in FL. Daytona area around bike week and speed week were no place to be.
Too bad, Dave, I've heard the Dawsonville show is a good one. Wonder if she would have parked you had you been driving the van or the green truck?