1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks
View Poll Results: Please choose one location for Truckstock 2015
The Ridges Resort & Marina- Hiawassee, Ga
33.33%
Fall Creek Falls State Park - Pikeville, Tn
66.67%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Truckstock 2015

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 10:20 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's ok with me either place, I missed Truckfest at Bob's but I don't plan on missing anymore as long as these new and improved blood vessels to my heart keep doing their thing.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:34 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Patti and I spent a couple days at Fall Creek Falls this week, we stayed at the Inn, but got a chance to check out some of the cabins. They are willing to 'hold' some rooms and cabins for us if we decide to make this our 2015 location, although they didn't say how long they would hold them. I really think this would be a good spot for us, Patti took a bunch of photos throughout the park and a lot of shots of the Landside Cabins. You can see the pics here https://picasaweb.google.com/1161797...Fallcreekfalls
The cabins that are over the water are the Fisherman's cabins, both groups of cabins are close to the Inn.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:06 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great pics. Patti should be the official TS photographer! Place looks great

Old 11-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
OK. I'm sold. I want to see that place. We were watching the slideshow and oohing and aahing.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:19 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Our old trucks will be comfortable with all that slabside fire protection. Looks good, Joe.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:44 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks like a Great place and the poll is leaning for it . So lets go to Falls Creek . Take the bull by the horns and set a date . Maybe a poll on what time of year . I am open for any time . Also is anyone else thinking of putting something on ? If so when ?

Old 11-07-2014, 09:07 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Joe, let me say something that may be of great concern that being these get together have all been in Set. and I'm sure there are some that have school age kids that they could use these get together as a summer vacation so they could attend, just saying that there maybe some folks that would like this, Garry

Old 11-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
That is true about the kids, Garry. BUT, off the top of my head, I think I am almost the only one with kids, and they are REALLY busy with sports through the months of April-July. My kids can take off school for "educational" purposes, and things will be fine. I vote to stay with the month of September, and the weekend Joe proposed when he started this thread. It's just simply one of the best months for us weather-wise nowadays.

Maybe others with children can chime in and give us their opinion on the subject.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:14 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by DR Smith
Looks like a Great place and the poll is leaning for it . So lets go to Falls Creek . Take the bull by the horns and set a date . Maybe a poll on what time of year . I am open for any time . Also is anyone else thinking of putting something on ? If so when ?
Originally Posted by Doc
That is true about the kids, Garry. BUT, off the top of my head, I think I am almost the only one with kids, and they are REALLY busy with sports through the months of April-July. My kids can take off school for "educational" purposes, and things will be fine. I vote to stay with the month of September, and the weekend Joe proposed when he started this thread. It's just simply one of the best months for us weather-wise nowadays.

Maybe others with children can chime in and give us their opinion on the subject.
I did a poll back in Feb. about the Month for Truckstock, and the overwhelming vote (91%) was for September. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ck-2015-a.html

Old 11-07-2014, 10:31 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

So, Joe, did the decks on the water front cabins look like they would support a whole bunch of Ford truck enthusiasts sittin' around, telling stories and swatting mosquitoes?

Old 11-07-2014, 10:40 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by raytasch
So, Joe, did the decks on the water front cabins look like they would support a whole bunch of Ford truck enthusiasts sittin' around, telling stories and swatting mosquitoes?
Not really, they looked like they were big enough for a few guys to sit there and fish.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:52 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Doc, I just wanted to see the girls.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by homade
Doc, I just wanted to see the girls.
Oh you'll see them. Especially if we can get their grandparents to bring the Shoebox. I told them about your illness, and they were not very happy about that. They missed all of you guys this year.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:33 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Bump to get this back on page one. Don't miss out on a good thing, guys.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:36 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by DR Smith
Dave, I've had calls from a few more of our regular Truckstock attendees with the same sentiment. Unless anyone has an objection, I can contact the park and have them hold some rooms and cabins so that the guys can start making plans early. The dates will be Thursday Sept. 17 - Sunday Sept. 20, 2015.

Quick Reply: Truckstock 2015