Sponsored by: Moser

2011 Lariat 4X4 not starting, backup camera not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 10:21 AM
walkuss
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found the Contacts section and was posting a message and saw this:
"Welcome to FTE, the largest Ford-Truck site on the Internet. To access certain features of this site, such as Private Messages, Signatures, our Classifieds section you need to make at least 5 posts on our forum, and have been a member for at least 10 days."

Well that stinks! I have enough posts but haven't been a member long enough.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:53 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by walkuss
Found the Contacts section and was posting a message and saw this:
"Welcome to FTE, the largest Ford-Truck site on the Internet. To access certain features of this site, such as Private Messages, Signatures, our Classifieds section you need to make at least 5 posts on our forum, and have been a member for at least 10 days."

Well that stinks! I have enough posts but haven't been a member long enough.
Hey, Sandi!

Since you don't have PM privileges just yet, you can give our Customer Relationship Center a call at 1-800-392-3673. They have the same ability to help as I do; I know they'll be happy to assist!

Crystal

Old 10-14-2014, 12:20 PM
walkuss
New User
I have called and relayed necessary information.

Thank you!

Old 10-16-2014, 05:08 PM
walkuss
New User
Just an update. I still don't have any answers yet. It's frustrating as this has been going on for well over a year since the first issues began with the backup camera. Dealership has had the truck since Monday and as yet still seemingly has not experienced any of the issues. They said Ford Engineering has given them a long list of tests to run for my wiring harness. Ford will follow-up again by end of day Monday (20th) if nothing found before then.

I'm getting even more frustrated because we have a vacation that has been planned and paid for that we can't cancel at this point and get a refund. We are supposed to drive the truck as it is our only vehicle big enough to hold all of us and our luggage. I had a cap put on the bed in early summer in preparation for this. I do appreciate they are running the tests to try and figure it out but as a 3 time repeat Ford customer I am not satisfied with this experience thus far.

Does anyone have any insight on policies of Dealerships with giving loaner vehicles in these kinds of situations? How about policies of Ford? As of right now, no one will provide one. Ford Customer Service says that is provided at the discretion of the dealership.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:41 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
The dealers I worked at, it was up to our discretion. We had a couple service loaners and would rent from Enterprise. I don't know if Ford reimbursed us for the loaners, I feel it was at our expense.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:13 AM
walkuss
New User
Today's update is that they are replacing the ignition switch and if they see anything else while they are working they will address it. Then they will spend some time testing. It doesn't sound like they've been able to make the issues happen but did have a code to report from when it last occurred with me.

If they aren't completed by Wednesday, the representative from Ford said they will work to get me a loaner or will reimburse me for a rental for our trip. I can't tell you what a load off my mind that is.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:25 AM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
It's great to hear you getting service. I hope everything works out.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:11 PM
walkuss
New User
Picked the truck up today. We are in the process of packing it to head out in the morning. Ford covered everything. So far I'm very satisfied. No issues coming home but they never occurred everyday. They think the e-brake usage may have caused enough vibration to jolt the ignition switch into working again. Still don't know how or if the backup camera is connected to all of this. I guess our trip will be the real test! Mountains here we come!

Old 10-22-2014, 05:14 PM
j.grif
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Enjoy the vacation and try not to think about the problems with the truck!

Old 10-22-2014, 05:59 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
If the ignition switch didn't recognize the key you might experience those system. Enjoy the vacation!

Old 10-23-2014, 08:12 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Picked the truck up today. We are in the process of packing it to head out in the morning. Ford covered everything. So far I'm very satisfied. No issues coming home but they never occurred everyday. They think the e-brake usage may have caused enough vibration to jolt the ignition switch into working again. Still don't know how or if the backup camera is connected to all of this. I guess our trip will be the real test! Mountains here we come!
I'm so glad to hear that you're on the road again, Sandi; it sounds like your dealership took excellent care of you. Be sure to come back and let us know how your trip to the mountains goes! Safe travels!

Crystal

Old 10-28-2014, 07:21 PM
walkuss
New User
We're back! So far so good. Wednesdays seemed to be the most likely day to act up with the warnings so we'll see what tomorrow holds!

I still have the issue of the backup camera settings being lost (set to 'off' when I had them 'on'). I didn't expect replacing the ignition switch to fix that and the e-brake never 'fixed' it either. It's quite annoying but at least I can work around that. I've taken both keys and set the settings to see if there is some confusion between switching back and forth between the two keys driving. So far, the settings have remained set for my key the past two days since doing that.

Anxious to see if the camera itself doesn't come on again as well (in the rear view mirror) and if the e-brake still makes it come on.

Thanks for the support!

Old 10-29-2014, 08:24 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
We're back! So far so good. Wednesdays seemed to be the most likely day to act up with the warnings so we'll see what tomorrow holds! ...
I'm glad things have been resolved, walkuss! If anything else pops up, feel free to contact me; I'm guessing that you have PM privileges by now.

Crystal

Old 10-31-2014, 12:55 AM
j.grif
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Glad that you had a good vacation, It's good the truck didn't interfere with the vacation, the problem with the camera is minor in relation to the other problems you were having, hopefully someone will have a solution to this.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:18 PM
walkuss
New User
Just wanted to come back and update that since the replacement of the ignition switch in October, no issues have re-occurred with warning lights or not starting. No issues with backup camera not working either. I'm suspecting that may have been the start of the switch going bad? At any rate, maybe this update will help someone in the future if having something similar going on.

Quick Reply: 2011 Lariat 4X4 not starting, backup camera not working