1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Club FTE??

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 07:40 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,911 Likes on 1,865 Posts
Useless?? USELESS???
How can you say such a thing? I'll have you know that this is a perfectly reasonable thread started by a highly respected member who had a valid question. In the spirit of FTE other well respected members of said forum have gathered together and pooled their combined knowledge and great wisdom to try and shed light on the original posters query.

....now, I think there are some kids at the end of the street. I think I can clothesline them when they drive their little pink jeeps and build me a racer!! Woohooo!!

Bobby

Old 10-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 129 Likes on 56 Posts
That's funny Bobby!

I've been doing some thinking. I'll tell you guys exactly what I personally feel should be the criteria for inclusion into a "Club FTE" or whatever. There should be a score sheet that delineates between the number of questions a person asks, and the number of posts the same person contributes back to the forum to answer the questions of others. Over the years, I've seen certain members make HUNDREDS, IF NOT THOUSANDS, of posts asking a question or making some off-the-wall comment about a vendor, cheap parts, etc. But they never, ever contribute to the posts of others. Sure, not all of us are master mechanics (including myself). But, geez, everybody absorbs knowledge about these trucks as time goes by, and they should share that knowledge just as it was shared with them. You can't just come on here and take and take and take and never contribute anything back, even it's just a simple word of encouragement. Oh....and one more thing, the same people never say thank you. I'm not talking about the occasional user with less than 20 posts who ask a question every 6 months or so. I'm talking about the guys who literally have hundreds of posts, and have yet to ever contribute back to the forum. Peace!! Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:24 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 255 Likes on 159 Posts
Very good point, Shane. I feel with Internet Brands it is going to be all about the hype, interest and money that the gold brick will generate. But, IB is the one hosting so they call it their way, not all bad in the free market environment.

Edit: The forum has the rep green dot thing set up to show appreciation but that is a total sham as we all know. Just go join up with a rep party thread and your green credits will expand exponentially. Certainly not an indication of value added to the forum.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:59 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know I'm not going to be a Club FTE member and I'm just broken hearted about it.
That said my suggestion since the brass seem to be dragging their feet is to put it to a blackball vote by everyone that owns a truck in the forum involved
A name would be nominated then posted, everyone belonging to that particular forum would have one vote, either Whiteball (In favor) or a Blackball (Against) - The voting period would be 30 days - If during the voting period the nominee gets 1 (one) Blackball vote they would not be allowed to be a Club FTE member
This voting system should solve the question of what Club FTE is as no one is likely to survive the vote.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:55 AM
first today
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They said in the club that you get a brick for a 3 year membership.even though i pay yearly, i think i should get a brick, since they have never even sent me a lousy old sticker.

I find the club to be pretty boring. You guys are much more entertaining.

This section should be paid entertainment.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:34 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,163 Likes on 2,207 Posts
Originally Posted by first today
They said in the club that you get a brick for a 3 year membership.even though i pay yearly, i think i should get a brick, since they have never even sent me a lousy old sticker.

I find the club to be pretty boring. You guys are much more entertaining.

This section should be paid entertainment.
if you want the free stuff, you have to fill out the forms sent to you in a pm. no form no freebies.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:51 PM
first today
Postmaster

Have to check that out. Never seen a form before.

It is not surprising that i would over look that since i am half blind.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:54 PM
first today
Postmaster

Just checked. I have never had a pm from fte. I have many correspo dences from members but not from the site.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:46 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,163 Likes on 2,207 Posts
when was the last time you re upped Kyle?

Old 10-03-2014, 06:46 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Same with me. Never had a pm with a form.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 129 Likes on 56 Posts
They are all right. I re-upped for 3 years back in December. The form was not in the process. I had to send multiple PM's to the mods until finally somebody sent me the form. Trust me, it's not a forthcoming and smooth process, and it apparently hasn't been fixed.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:41 AM
first today
Postmaster

Originally Posted by tjc transport
when was the last time you re upped Kyle?

Must have been last year. I always get the notice to re up, but never anything after that. I Have been a supporter almost from the beginning. I lapsed once briefly and then re upped after.

Seriously though, I do not post much here, but you guys crack me up the most. This is way more entertaining then the political club. There are good people that just stay in there, but not near as comical as right here in this thread and others here.

I pay for the invaluable info and friendliness of the overall site. Promoting the club as the reason to pay is kind of a falsehood. Many people here with the new brick never post in there. To make it look like they really enjoy that part of the site is kind of sad. It is like the false greenies on people that are maxed out and have only been here for 6 months or so. As mods, I get you have to promote it...however as a paid member, we should be able to choose what we want as a gold brick under our supporter tag.

I tend to hang out more in the 80 to 86 area even though I do not have one anymore. I am more familiar with those guys and able to help them with info and parts. I do love the trucks that you guys have here better. I just can not afford to build one from this era. I still absorb what you do and will have this knowledge in the future when I can have my 1956 Ford dream truck.

In summary, the club is not all that. I do tell everyone I meet about this site and how helpful it is overall. The club has nothing to do with why I promote the site though. It is because of this section and others here in this forum.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:10 AM
oldmerc
oldmerc
Originally Posted by Doc
Since this has become a useless thread, I'm gonna add this. If I ever host another Truckstock, this will be the official activity. BARBIE JEEP RACING!!! I'm gonna buy one of the T-shirts they advertise at the end.

EXTREME BARBIE JEEP RACING 2013 CRASHES - YouTube
Looks like something a Medical Practitioner (with an expensive hobby) might dream up to drum up a little buisiness .

Old 10-04-2014, 09:06 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be nice when you pay for three years that you receive your t-shirt and stickers, guess they don't make a 3xl FTE t-shirt, still waiting,just saying.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:26 AM
theodore/teddy
Refyred
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by homade
It would be nice when you pay for three years that you receive your t-shirt and stickers, guess they don't make a 3xl FTE t-shirt, still waiting,just saying.
Im with you I would rather have the t-shirt and sticker (which i never got) then a gold brick Icon.

Quick Reply: Club FTE??