General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Jesse James' American Craftsman

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 01:34 PM
blackjack33
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jesse James' American Craftsman

I just watched this, thought I'd share...

American Craftsman

Jesse James meets master bladesmith Jerry Fisk and wood worker Louis Fry and learns how to make damascus for his Jesse James Firearms Unlimited custom gun line.

West Coast Choppers Official FB page link

"So about 5 or 6 years ago Hildie and I tried to do do a straight forward "How-To" show.
It was called Metal Church. Networks didn't get it. They did focus groups and they claimed they didn't understand why people would want to make a gas tank. So it was turned down.

This year we tried again with different concept American Craftsman. So far there are no takers. Networks think that viewers like you don't want to see educational stuff. They think you are not interested in seeing Master Craftsmen like Jerry Fisk & Louis Fry doing what they do.

I think Different. I refuse to buckle and do fake, staged TV. I started this whole "Reality" TV craze in 1999, and a lot of people were not ready for it. Most of the management at Discovery Network was pissed and hated it. Motorcycle Mania's and Monster Garage's success speaks for itself.

Now its time cut a New groove and go back to inspiring and teaching people again.

Here is the first full episode of American Craftsman, I make a JJFU Damascus Cisco 1911.

If you like it and want to see it on Discovery Channel email here and let them know ----> viewer_relations@discovery.com

Thanks
Jesse James"