1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the only one that thinks Crew Cabs are ugly

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM
HuntsDucks70
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotpocket
I guess I am different as well... My favorite are crew cab short beds followed by extended cab short beds then single cab long bed. I think 4 door long beds and extended cab long bed are hideous
as others have noted the 8' bed is about utility, if you purchased the 6 footer for the looks, well, that sounds like my wife, "but these look better"
my cousin owns a CC SB and it is almost impossible to get our deeks, ice chests, shot guns, waders, etc. without the use of a hitch carrier. getting a short bed because you think it looks better is, well, just odd coming from a man.

if it has to do with parking limitations or maneuverability, i can understand that.

just my opinion which really doesn't mean chit.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:13 PM
NorEasterMA
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by HuntsDucks70
as others have noted the 8' bed is about utility, if you purchased the 6 footer for the looks, well, that sounds like my wife, "but these look better" my cousin owns a CC SB and it is almost impossible to get our deeks, ice chests, shot guns, waders, etc. without the use of a hitch carrier. getting a short bed because you think it looks better is, well, just odd coming from a man. if it has to do with parking limitations or maneuverability, i can understand that. just my opinion which really doesn't mean chit.
For the record, I love my CCSB (wouldn't have gotten anything other than a CC) but I absolutely wish it was a long bed. I bought the short bed because I do a great deal of driving in the great city of Boston and surrounding cities, and the parking/maneuvering was already difficult with the CCSB. Yes, it would have been possible to exist with the long bed, the short bed has rarely let me down or left me thinking, "there's NO way to do this without a long bed".

In answer to the original question and to agree with most of the answers here, yes you are!

Old 09-04-2014, 11:40 PM
TexasRebel
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you're not the only one.

The crew cabs are family pickups; a station wagon with a bed.

Regular cabs win in nearly every category.

Looks
Fuel Mileage
Payload
Towing
Space (just you & her)
Only available with a standard bed (short beds are just a tease)
You even have an advantage backing a trailer because of an inherently tighter turning radius

You never have to drive someone else's child anywhere in a regular cab...
Nobody ever wants you to be the DD

The only downside is that you don't get near as much practice doing 3-point turns in a standard cab; parking, turning around, drive-thrus...

Old 09-04-2014, 11:41 PM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally I prefer a regular cab long bed, but would prefer a crew cab over an extended cab any day of the week. The regular cab really comes in handy since I have 5 kids too. If they go anywhere with me we have to take the van and they can't dirty up my truck . That or they ride in the bed and I don't have to listen to the are we there yet or she's touching me arguments lol.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:12 AM
asdrew
Tuned
Originally Posted by TexasRebel
The only downside is that you don't get near as much practice doing 3-point turns in a standard cab; parking, turning around, drive-thrus...
True, but CCLB owners like me get also more exercise because they often park further down the aisle, hence we tend to be in better shape than those with other truck configurations. I call it my Ford fitness plan The long walk back out to my parking space gives me more time to admire the lines of my non-ugly truck

Old 09-10-2014, 05:32 PM
OldHat
Freshman User
I'm the one that started this thread and I ended up getting a 6.7 Lariat Crew Cab Short Bed. The crew cab really is so darn practical.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:56 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by OldHat
I'm the one that started this thread and I ended up getting a 6.7 Lariat Crew Cab Short Bed. The crew cab really is so darn practical.
So,,,,, you bought an ugly truck??!!!!

Seriously, I like them. I don't think they're ugly either. And, yes, they are practical too!

Old 09-10-2014, 05:59 PM
CJ2003F250SD
Junior User
The like/dislike is purely subjective. There are also pro's and cons to the factual differences in mpg, turning radius, cargo size, seating capacity etc.

BUT if you consider the type of truck this is and the actual namr of the body style "Crew Cab" its meant for work detail and hauling a crew along with supplies and material lol... its right in the name ..... so that makes it perfectly suited for the intended task.

Anyone that buys a SB for looks that need an LB for cargo or a regular cab for looks instead of CC for hauling a crew has issues

I have always liked the versatility of a LB CC over the issues with turning radius and MPG.... does anyone actually buy these trucks for mpg ?? I mean load a Prius in the LB for the times you want great mpg !!

Old 09-10-2014, 06:10 PM
OldHat
Freshman User
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
So,,,,, you bought an ugly truck??!!!!

Seriously, I like them. I don't think they're ugly either. And, yes, they are practical too!
I've grown to like the way it looks too. Really have. I'm going to get a Leer 122 for it.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:39 PM
DomsF250
Senior User
Originally Posted by OldHat
I've grown to like the way it looks too. Really have. I'm going to get a Leer 122 for it.
Post a picture please. Just show us the truck.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:36 PM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the new truck and definitely post some pics

Old 09-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Realslowww
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
You are not the only one, they are ugly. A single stock cab is by far the best looking truck I think. The other longer cabs are much much more functional in a truck however.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:31 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You must be in that 99% of the Cowboy Cadillacs heyer in TexUS are crew cabs...

beauty is as beauty does - form follows function - etc... etc...

Old 09-11-2014, 06:41 PM
tjcprop
Elder User
Originally Posted by HuntsDucks70
as others have noted the 8' bed is about utility, if you purchased the 6 footer for the looks, well, that sounds like my wife, "but these look better"
my cousin owns a CC SB and it is almost impossible to get our deeks, ice chests, shot guns, waders, etc. without the use of a hitch carrier. getting a short bed because you think it looks better is, well, just odd coming from a man.

if it has to do with parking limitations or maneuverability, i can understand that.

just my opinion which really doesn't mean chit.
Try plowing driveways with a long box. Long boxes are a waste for this purpose. The box is never fully used and equipment slides around. So a four door with 6ft box is plenty enough.

Old 09-11-2014, 06:46 PM
tjcprop
Elder User
Originally Posted by Pit Crew
If it aint got an 8ft bed its not a truck.
I have a 14ft bed and it dumps. Have an extra 6ft on you.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one that thinks Crew Cabs are ugly