Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2014, 09:41 AM
Elder User

jchosler is starting off with a positive reputation.
King Ranch seats in an OBS

Has anyone put these in?

I've read about you guys doing the superduty seats, were those easy to mount.

I bought some King ranch seats with the center console I took some measrements and the brackets are def different, at first glsnce it looks like I may modify the seat bracket and/or modify the body.

Also I have the red interior so I painted the tan on the center console red and the brown plastic on the seats red to better match the interior, will have pics later this week

97 F250 HD---3.5" D60 RSK Swap (1 ton suspension) with matching rear both at 4.10's, Beans D66, 6637, 3"x4" Tymer DP with 4" exaust and kitty delete, EBPV delete, DIY stage II's, Stricly Diesel electric fuel swap, Tony Wildman 6 pos chip, HPX, TE modded 17* HPOP, SD IC, Custom ranch hands front and rear, and my crawler of course
Old 08-25-2014, 01:10 PM
Post Fiend

DIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to all
In general I think that most guys mount the SD seats to the OBS seat bracket (pan) in the front. In the rear you don't have the pan, so most guys end up fastening the seats directly to the floor. I looked at Bill's a few weeks back and that's how his were anyway...

1997 F-350 7.3 PSD, 4x4, CCLB SRW, 3.55's, ZF5
If it isn't under warranty, I'll fix it myself.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic View Post
In general I think that most guys mount the SD seats to the OBS seat bracket (pan) in the front. In the rear you don't have the pan, so most guys end up fastening the seats directly to the floor. I looked at Bill's a few weeks back and that's how his were anyway...
I guess I dont really know what the "pan" is, Im sure Ill figure it out quick when I get the old ones out

97 F250 HD---3.5" D60 RSK Swap (1 ton suspension) with matching rear both at 4.10's, Beans D66, 6637, 3"x4" Tymer DP with 4" exaust and kitty delete, EBPV delete, DIY stage II's, Stricly Diesel electric fuel swap, Tony Wildman 6 pos chip, HPX, TE modded 17* HPOP, SD IC, Custom ranch hands front and rear, and my crawler of course
Old 08-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Louisiana Chapter LDR

fordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud of
Here ya go

How To: Install Super Duty King Ranch Seats In A 94 Crewcab - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
96 F350 CC ZF5 53k with grandpas package
Louisiana FTE Member Map
Old 08-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Post Fiend

strokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to behold
The SD seats in my OBS are all bolted directly to the floor. I used some pretty good sized washers to spread the load around in case I ever do wreck it, but thankfully I haven't had to test that. LOL. On the passenger side I had to space up the side closest to the door about an inch b/c of the way the transmission tunnel is and how the center seat sits.
Travis- Death Row Diesel Inmate #7
1995 F-250 RC 2wd PSD ZF5- because race truck
2000 F-250 SC LB 4x4 ZF6- 4" TB, 6637, TW and Gearhead tunes, 160/100s, Driven Diesel full fuel system, S365..
1994 F-150 4x4

Old 08-26-2014, 05:47 AM
Post Fiend

DIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch View Post
The SD seats in my OBS are all bolted directly to the floor. I used some pretty good sized washers to spread the load around in case I ever do wreck it, but thankfully I haven't had to test that. LOL. On the passenger side I had to space up the side closest to the door about an inch b/c of the way the transmission tunnel is and how the center seat sits.

Well there you go! I stand corrected.

1997 F-350 7.3 PSD, 4x4, CCLB SRW, 3.55's, ZF5
If it isn't under warranty, I'll fix it myself.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:08 AM
Elder User

Thanks for the link, I have the same exact front setup, I am still looking for a rear seat though. I just took one of the seats to a leather guy cuz there is one tear in a wear spot which is why I got the deal i did. I'll have him repair that then install

Old 08-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch View Post
Is oyour passenger stting higher the the driver than?

I actually found your right up when you did yours I just didnt see pics of the finished product. Do you have that

Old 08-26-2014, 09:13 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel